Door light or LED light?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:52 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Wind Fire... Infiniti, Lexus, Toyota - Wind Fire Auto

ANMVQ, is that the set you purchased? That Wind Fire D006 seems reasonably priced, with some interesting inserts. This one here is particularly cool:

Hey John,

No got mine from CK @ Amazon- An there are two different lens.

Robot Check Robot Check

Old 10-08-2014, 05:04 PM
bri

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I ordered the Wind Fire one with a couple of extra lenses, will post pics when it comes it. They are also in socal so it should be relatively quick.

Does anybody have an extra set of the lenses that has the Infiniti lettering in red? The ones from Wind Fire are all white and I'd rather have red
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (10-08-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 06:21 PM
inspector94
Premier Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't think you will be able to find a red lettering one since the red ones are of a different manufacturer. You can order 3 custom one for 20 bucks...

So no one wants a MYG37.COM one?
something like this
Name:  vUGxuxQ.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  5.4 KB
Old 10-08-2014, 07:19 PM
GeezerB
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I originally wanted the red lettering. But now I'm really liking the white. Has a classy OEM look. All the cartoon images seem adolescent.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by GeezerB
I originally wanted the red lettering. But now I'm really liking the white. Has a classy OEM look. All the cartoon images seem adolescent.
Yeah... I suppose you're right.

I'm going to buy one or the other. Waiting on bri's review now.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:21 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts

Probably the reason I've left the white ones in, An the batman Imagines are something between John and I LOL and we both in out 40's so careful with the adolescent comments
Old 10-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
we both in out 40's
Not any more. Seem to be edging closer and closer to that actual age of Jonathan Harris in my avatar. Oh dear.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:31 AM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
cool...never seen these
Old 10-11-2014, 01:55 AM
bri

Ok I received the Wind Fire ones. They forgot to send the extra lens I requested but said they would ship it to me separately. They came installed with American flag lenses which are the images attached here. Infiniti logo examples attached to my next post. I went for these over the $20 ones from China/HK because of the interchangeable lenses and to support a local business. The photos are shrunken to fit this board's size requirements and I don't have somewhere else to host the full size pics at the moment.

The housing doesn't completely fit flush to the edges on the door, but it's hardly noticeable since it is way out of view. While the focus isn't spot on consistently around the entire image, it is still pretty clear and you can't really see the blurriness around the edges unless you kneel down on the ground. From standing height they look great and are very bright even with some ambient light around. Behind the lens, the board with the LED is stamped OSRAM so it has a legit light source.

That said... man these are SUPER COOL. I can't wait to show all my friends and have them tell me I'm SUPER COOL. Very unique mod and I think dollar for dollar beats anything else I've ever bought.
Attached Thumbnails Door light or LED light?-img_0054.jpg   Door light or LED light?-img_0055.jpg   Door light or LED light?-img_0056.jpg   Door light or LED light?-img_0057.jpg  

Last edited by bri; 10-11-2014 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:56 AM
bri

To Infiniti and beyond! Tesla ain't got nothin on my go go gadget G.
Attached Thumbnails Door light or LED light?-img_0058.jpg   Door light or LED light?-img_0059.jpg   Door light or LED light?-img_0060.jpg  
Old 10-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by bri
To Infiniti and beyond! Tesla ain't got nothin on my go go gadget G.
OK, that looks great. Windfire it is, for me.

Bri, could you please post some close-up pics of the unit mounted on the door? I'd like to see the fitment. Also, I can see the image great, but what is the ambient lighting like? About the same, better or worse than drop-in white LED bulbs?

Last edited by Rochester; 10-11-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:30 PM
inspector94
Premier Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't think the windfire ones have side ambient lighting, so you basically only get what ever comes from the projection. I guess thats what you get for better quality lol, i got mine from ebay out of china and it isn't really made too well so the light escapes from the side xD. The Porsche one from windfire oddly does have side lights, not sure why only that one... I ordered one infiniti and one porches one to see what i can make of it xD
Old 10-11-2014, 09:30 PM
bri

That's right there is no ambient light in terms of spillover. It doesn't do much to illuminate a large area of the ground but I've never found that of much use. I meant ambient as in environmental light, so under camera flash as in my picture (and probably in daylight) this thing is still visible. The vendor gave me a code to share BLUE for 5% off on Home - Wind Fire Auto. They also offer free shipping over $35 (which would cover purchase of a single pair) and a free second set of any lens by request.

I attached a photo of the fitment. As you can see it's flush all around but the left side leaves a gap. Same on the other door, gap on the left side. Doesn't bother me at all, can't see it from standing height.
Attached Thumbnails Door light or LED light?-img_0080.jpg  
Old 10-11-2014, 09:59 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
same here I bought the red one and didn tlike it so i got the white one and it looks nice
Old 10-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by bri
That's right there is no ambient light in terms of spillover. It doesn't do much to illuminate a large area of the ground but I've never found that of much use. I meant ambient as in environmental light, so under camera flash as in my picture (and probably in daylight) this thing is still visible. The vendor gave me a code to share BLUE for 5% off on Home - Wind Fire Auto. They also offer free shipping over $35 (which would cover purchase of a single pair) and a free second set of any lens by request.

I attached a photo of the fitment. As you can see it's flush all around but the left side leaves a gap. Same on the other door, gap on the left side. Doesn't bother me at all, can't see it from standing height.
Thanks for the pic. You're right, the fitment is off, but not so much to matter.

Shame about the overall design, forgoing ambient light for the projection. Seems to me they could have wired in a LED on each side without too much added effort. Oh well.

[edit] Just ordered directly from WinFireAuto.com: projectors + extra logos - discount + free shipping = $37.99

Last edited by Rochester; 10-12-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Door light or LED light?