Sponsored by:

Why was a Sedan your choice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,429 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
...and ask why would I do that to a luxury car?
Because it's not a luxury car.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:09 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Because it's not a luxury car.
Most people don't know that either.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:04 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
I love being the only modded G sedan in a sea of other stock g sedan owners out there
Honestly I kind of like that our cars blend in like that. It's a pretty unheard of model (6MT sedan) that doesn't stand out on the surface. Not that I drive aggressively much since my area is basically a nanny state, but it's nice to know the car really doesn't attract much attention (until the flashy wheels or booming exhaust is slapped on)

That said, I'd like to make some modest tweaks to make the car my own and give it an extra "OEM+" touch that I think it should have had from the factory
Old 08-28-2014, 10:20 PM
ShockinG37
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
And their shock that this Infiniti Sedan was a 6MT.
I get that SO much, I say it's stick shift and people just look puzzled like because it has 4 doors, it needs to be automatic :/
Then again my last car was a stickshift CTS, also confusing to people.

Around here everyone mods coupes, I just like to be a bit different...plus I enjoy 4 doors more than coupes, mainly bc I HATE moving my seat in a coupe for friends to jump in the back.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:00 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Lots of posts here about needing four doors, space, baby-seats and what-not. And while those are all valid, personal reasons... I almost never, ever, have people in my back seat. When I do, it's usually little kids coming to or from a sleepover for my girls. And that's a short trip. Sometimes having a sport sedan is about going sport without overtly looking sport. Then again, last night I drove downtown for some Greek take-out. Parked the car on the road, and when I came out there was a small crowd of young men all around the car. Nervous for a moment, until realizing they were respecting it. So... I guess that whole "not-looking-sport" thing might be a lot of philosophical BS, LOL. Spot on. I enjoy this forum for positive reasons, not for some twisted rush trolls like Chekov get putting other people down. That's just messed up.
Oh, that was your car?
Old 08-30-2014, 05:31 AM
hookedoncars2

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack10525
Wow. If I had to buy a sedan it most definitely would not have been anything from infiniti. All their sedans look horrible. So many better choices: BMW, Acura, Audi, Lexus....
Looks horrible? What are you smoking? Love the G sedan look. In fact, I've owned an Acura TL SH-AWD, same year as my G (2009). The G has it all over the TL (looks and otherwise), with the exception that the TL had an awesome ELS surround sound system and nicer NAV. I should emphasize HAD, since the TL is no longer the G's stablemate.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (08-30-2014)
Old 05-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Nradford93

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the g sedan as my first car and i love it, I at times did want the coupe but looking back I'm so glad I got the sedan, it's roomy, it comfortable and it still performs very well! I recently caught the mod bug and I love how many things I can do to this car. Plus you can't have as much fun in the backseat of the coupe lol
Old 05-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Tuckermaclain
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Chose the sedan so I could take my whole family if I needed to. I regret not getting the coupe.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Flakman
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
The coupe looks cool, but the sedan has such a nice style to it. Was always on the fence wtih the G35, but once the new G37 came out I thought it looked bada$$. I tend to like the look of sedans better. Personally I don't think liking the coupes or sedans are mutually exclusive. The styling on the sedans is awesome, and when tastefully modded, they look even better. The coupes are great, but so limiting in a DD. I wouldn't mind having a couple for a second car to go tracking with or something like that, but overall, prefer the sedan.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:43 PM
qgoat
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=10Gee37exeS;3738269]+1

And the "ease" of having an extra set of doors...The 2 coupes I've had were '94 Eclipse GS-T and '04 GTO. It's just a PITA to fold the front seat forward to get people/things into the back. The worst was the GTO which the mechanism to slide the seat forward was motorized and extremely SLOW!!!! And people always got their belt loop caught on the seatbelt holder..getting strangled by the seatbelt itself was a diferent story. Oh and finally when I get hookers, I like to get more than one at a time and it's easier to just pull up and everyone just get in.... So far the best car is the WRX Wagon...'cause you can fit another in the back. BOGO Wednesdays! WooHoo![/QUOTE

I had an 04 GTO as well. Really loved that car. It was the last coupe that I owned. I went with a Lexus gs400 after that which got me hooked on the sport sedan concept. I now have a g37x and I love it. It feels almost as fast as the GTO...minus the torque. Above 60 mph, that GTO was a BEAST but the g will definitely give it a run for the money! I chose the g sedan because its practical, classy, and fast! I love the sound the engine makes too. Great all around car.👍👍👍😀
Old 05-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Halo
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have been a Camaro guy forever, had four of them. Been a while since I had one, but always figured somehow I would get the newest style eventually. Well with three kids and a house and all the other adult bills, just does not seem realistic anymore. So after many years driving an older Altima, S10, minivan, etc. I had enough of driving cars around I do not like. Some people could careless what they drive, it is just a means from point A to point B. I am not one of those people. I have always loved nice cars, and really missed just modding my camaro's and washing it every weekend and stuff like that.

So last year I told my wife I am buying something else I like and can enjoy while I drive. Well it just so happened this guy I work with had this sweet lowered black car with 20's, tint, and a few other basic mods. It was a 2010 G37x sedan. I found it sporty and a really sleek car. Right away I started doing research and knew that was the car I wanted. I love the fact how sweet the sedan looks, yet still is 4 doors for the family stuff, and it has some good power to it.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:32 PM
RichP74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tote way too many adults and kids around to get a coupe.

Once I do get a coupe after the kids are gone, it will be something like a Z or even Mustang.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:49 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
In all honesty I wish I had gotten a coupe lol

no family here. I just got the sedan because I was thinking what if the bros want to go out tonight or something what a PITA to load up a full car in the coupe

now my car is lowered and I cant have a full car so like I said wish I got a coupe lol
i am also convinced that if i spent a fraction of what i did to my sedan to a coupe id be breaking more necks
Old 05-12-2015, 03:52 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Because the infiniti g37 coupe is one of the ugliest coupes when viewed from the side and especially the rear. Looks feminine like the lexus SC
Old 05-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy

no family here. I just got the sedan because I was thinking what if the bros want to go out tonight or something what a PITA to load up a full car in the coupe
This is a reason to get a coupe! When your friends want to go out: aww, sorry guys, I don't have enough room to fit you in. Lets take so-and-so's car.

You go from designated driver to designated drunk. Winning
The following users liked this post:
moteel (05-12-2015)

Quick Reply: Why was a Sedan your choice?