Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
Because it looks sexy, oh wait I have a coupe... Nvm lolz jk jk hehe
Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Prior to reacting to Mr Cherkof you must first acknowledge his constant neediness for attention. His responses may be marginally amusing at first but they're actually pretty sad when you consider the circumstances. Didn't realize why he even bothers until I realized how much he must cherish creating a little blip of internet buzz.
I don’t know who this Mr.Cherkof is, but it’s nice to know you don’t mean me.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Yazovets

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I chose the sedan because to me sedans always look better than coupes.

The massive, long doors on a coupe (not just the G) just isn't my cup of tea.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:31 PM
forrmark

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
In addition to my G sedan, I have a mustang convertible. It's a pain in the neck having to move the seat every time someone sits in the back as well as having no room in the back seat.
By the way, I just received an offer for a BMW 3 series in the mail. They are offering $1,500 off the price and you know they give you four years of free maintenance. Very tempting.

Last edited by forrmark; 08-27-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: added to post
Old 08-27-2014, 10:55 PM
USMC93V

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It sucks to get beat on the road or track by a car that carries a baby seat in the back!
The following 3 users liked this post by USMC93V:
blnewt (08-27-2014), jsheets (08-28-2014), twin_snails (08-28-2014)
Old 08-27-2014, 11:55 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Awesome^^^
Old 08-28-2014, 05:24 AM
x818ray
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
my coupe was stolen and with a 6mo old baby my girl/dad/mom/friends convinced me to get a sedan. its a good car and all but its nowhere near as exciting to own/drive. space/comfort and the whole getting the car seat in and out of the coupe was never an issue in my book to begin with. at 2 1/2yrs my son jumps in the back seat of the sedan on his own and I tie him down which should've been just as easy with the coupe. I should've just bought another coupe. lol overall both great cars.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:35 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
Woops, this thread is so old that I forgot I made that remark. My bad.

But again, you seem quite obsessed with your hatred for me. Your reasons for disliking an old person that much must run deep and is none of my business, but perhaps to keep your sanity you may want to take your own advice given in an earlier post in this thread:

And speaking of post ******, you’ve already posted almost 20 times here. To me, that qualifies. Now why don’t we both just move on?
Ok, I've read this thread and enjoyed reading what people have had to say (for the most part) but I can't help but chime in on this one.

Chekov, Rochester doesn't hate anyone and I can guarantee that he has no dislike for older people. No, that's just not it at all. I would say if he harbors any non-preference of you it's more due to your unsolicited special brand of cheer that you seem enjoy spreading in this thread.

Naturally, there are hundreds of threads numbering in the thousands of posts here with varying and subjective opinions and preferences. Are people going to have an interest in every thread posted? Of course not and the great thing about a forum on the interwebs is the freedom of choice not to read it if it doesn't tickle your fancy.

There's no need to bash and disparage a thread that isn't up to your lofty standards of what should and should not be discussed for whatever reason or another. Your only posts in this thread have been to bash it and call it redundant, and calculate Rochester's total posts to the thread and his post per day count. If you don't like the thread-- you don't have to read it.

The last time I checked, this was an enthusiast forum for Infiniti owners who LOVE their cars and enjoy sharing that connection with other like-minded members in the community. With that being said, there are people that post more frequently than others because they truly enjoy being part of the community and contributing to the discussion.

If you're going to gift us with your (very) unique and special variety of snarky joy, you can't honestly expect to sand paper the lion's @$$ (with your comments and snide remarks) and expect to come out verbally unscathed in the process.

I can guarantee you'll win more friends with honey rather than vinegar.

Last edited by twin_snails; 08-28-2014 at 06:55 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by twin_snails:
blnewt (08-28-2014), Rochester (08-28-2014)
Old 08-28-2014, 08:21 AM
Twista

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm still trying to figure that question out. I originally wanted to go with a Z but seeing as this was going to be my daily driver and I live in chicago where the weather sucks all the time, I wanted the benefits of having awd. Now the decision to go with a sedan instead of the coupe was like everyone else. Having a two door is hard when you have more than one passenger and having a coupe before. People and their dirty shoes like to scuff up things back there getting in and out and wanted to avoid that. I also like the room of the sedan more it's a lot more room to move around and doesn't feel as tight as the coupe. But I do love the coupe styling 10x better and there's a lot more mods available for the coupe. But I think once I do a few cosmetic mods I will be a little better off with my decision.

Infiniti needs to come out with their version of a sedan coupe like audi and bmw. Then we will be in business as I truly love the look of the a7.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Lots of posts here about needing four doors, space, baby-seats and what-not. And while those are all valid, personal reasons... I almost never, ever, have people in my back seat. When I do, it's usually little kids coming to or from a sleepover for my girls. And that's a short trip.

Sometimes having a sport sedan is about going sport without overtly looking sport.

Then again, last night I drove downtown for some Greek take-out. Parked the car on the road, and when I came out there was a small crowd of young men all around the car. Nervous for a moment, until realizing they were respecting it. So... I guess that whole "not-looking-sport" thing might be a lot of philosophical BS, LOL.

Originally Posted by twin_snails
The last time I checked, this was an enthusiast forum for Infiniti owners who LOVE their cars and enjoy sharing that connection with other like-minded members in the community. With that being said, there are people that post more frequently than others because they truly enjoy being part of the community and contributing to the discussion.
Spot on. I enjoy this forum for positive reasons, not for some twisted rush trolls like Chekov get putting other people down. That's just messed up.

Last edited by Rochester; 08-28-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:41 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Lots of posts here about needing four doors, space, baby-seats and what-not. And while those are all valid, personal reasons... I almost never, ever, have people in my back seat. When I do, it's usually little kids coming to or from a sleepover for my girls. And that's a short trip.

Sometimes having a sport sedan is about going sport without overtly looking sport.

Then again, last night I drove downtown for some Greek take-out. Parked the car on the road, and when I came out there was a small crowd of young men all around the car. Nervous for a moment, until realizing they were respecting it. So... I guess that whole "not-looking-sport" thing might be a lot of philosophical BS, LOL.

Spot on. I enjoy this forum for positive reasons, not for some twisted rush trolls like Chekov get putting other people down. That's just messed up.
I had a 2004 G35 sport coupe with a 6 speed that I loved. An absolutely great car, but the trunk was pretty non-existent. While this is not one I've seen mentioned so far, I wanted to add in the aftermarket stereo that I had in the Honda Accord that I traded for the G35. The box would not fit. That was disappointing, but being new to Infiniti and the G35, the VQ35 exhaust tone more than made up for that. If I had my laptop backpack and had to get groceries, I almost always wound up starting in the trunk, and finishing the loading of said groceries in the front seat.

Fast forward to 2010 with my sedan purchase where I was trying to a) have more room overall and b) be more forward-thinking about marriage and family at some point and my reasons for purchase are summed up. Granted, I didn't do a single mod to the 2004 Coupe but with the 2010, it's been the most heavily modded car I've ever owned. Advantage coupe for out of the box performance. The sedan is fantastic, but has needed some massage though modding.

Rochester, I think what you said about always having people come up to it holds true with my own experience. I agree, when you look at the dozens of other pedestrian sedan offerings, the Infinitis are among the sportier (for the price) rides out there. It's also nice to have something different than the BMW's and Lexus's out there. With both Infiniti's, I've had random people come up to me at the carwash (mostly) and just want to talk about the car and how it looks. I've never experienced that with any other brand. It serves as a reminder that they've been great purchases when they (in natural un-modded form) seem to draw people out to talk about them. Not that I need to be reminded, but it speaks to the enthusiast in me.

On the last part, I couldn't agree more. It comes down to choice of respectfully disagreeing. For many years, I was a passive member with not a lot of contribution. But you and Newt have helped me so much with a variety of topics and I wanted to become more involved in the community. It's been a positive experience and conversing in chat/opinion/subjective threads, contributing (even if only in a small way), and helping others solve problems is fun.

Last edited by twin_snails; 08-28-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
Rochester, I think what you said about always having people come up to it holds true with my own experience. I agree, when you look at the dozens of other pedestrian sedan offerings, the Infinitis are among the sportier (for the price) rides out there.
Well, maybe so. But in this case it was my Vossens that sparked the attention. And their shock that this Infiniti Sedan was a 6MT. Either way, long stares after I pulled away from the curb.

It happens. I don't mind.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:02 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Those Vossens you have are quite the attention grabbers. Very clean, classy and looks quite nice on a MW sport sedan. I don't think I've ever seen a 6MT sedan in person, so definitely a rarity. I heard a figure several years back (from a dealer maybe) that only 5% of buyers opt for the 6MT in the G lineup. I don't know how accurate that figure was but it's a bit scary because then the offering of a 6MT then comes down to a business case, and currently, only the Q60S can be had with one. When I bought the 2010, there simply were not any 6MT's to be had. Anywhere. So I had to go 7AT. I do miss my 6MT at times. But now with the FI exhaust, I find myself occasionally switching to manual mode to get those GT-R sounding downshift throttle blips on deceleration.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:18 PM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Why was a sedan my choice? It wasn't. I'm married, its her car, its what she wanted. She wanted red exterior, black interior and no wood grain, and since she wears (and sometimes removes) the pants, its what I bought. I envy you guys because I rarely get to mod it, much less drive it. And when I do, its WOT as much as possible.

(I hear you making that whip cracking noise - stop it)
Old 08-28-2014, 04:28 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Well, maybe so. But in this case it was my Vossens that sparked the attention. And their shock that this Infiniti Sedan was a 6MT. Either way, long stares after I pulled away from the curb.

It happens. I don't mind.
Funny you guys mention that because a lot of people don't know just how capable the G sedan is. When I tell them it's a manual they are either in disbelief that it comes with one or they are shocked I would buy such a car with that option. Then they see me throwing on wheels, suspension, exhaust, etc. and ask why would I do that to a luxury car? That's when I laugh and say, "get in, I'll show you why". LOL

What they don't know (and I'm kind of glad they don't) is that the G sedan is basically a Z with 4 doors (obviously heavier though). Also, I love being the only modded G sedan in a sea of other stock g sedan owners out there using it as their every day commuter car (not that there is anything wrong with that). So much that I might even downshift (to let the exhaust be heard) when next to one just to show them what they are missing.
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (08-28-2014)

Quick Reply: Why was a Sedan your choice?