Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I suspect it would look better on every color Sedan, with exception to Black, in which case it's just murdered.
At what point is a car considered murdered??

I ask because my car is black, and I'd like to do a black grill and window trim, but don't want to go so far as blacked out headlights, wheels, etc.

My old Mazda 6s had the oem black grill and the window trim was black from the factory and I never considered it murdered
Old 12-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
At what point is a car considered murdered?
I'm just throwing words out there.

My point was a 100% black grille on a black G would look odd. Here's what I would do: go body-color gloss black on the edge (like I did with the white), then gun-metal, or satin-black, on the slats.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:30 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 749 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
At what point is a car considered murdered??
This might be the funniest thing I've seen on this site.

"At what point is a car considered a '***** magnet'? Is there...a scale? some device for measuring the amount of attraction?"
Old 12-06-2013, 04:25 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
I guess I'm on death row but not quite murdered, have a few contrasting parts to go w/ the death

With the mirror covers off

And before I "murdered" my exhaust cans, lol

Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
I'm just throwing words out there.

My point was a 100% black grille on a black G would look odd. Here's what I would do: go body-color gloss black on the edge (like I did with the white), then gun-metal, or satin-black, on the slats.
Hey now, what are you trying to say?!?

It's not everyone's taste for certain though I do think murdered is the term no?

I went black on black on black on my front end though I'm still on chrome wheels. Still debating the Mt Fuji on the front but I like the way it looks now.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:37 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

That's what I keep telling her. Hasn't helped. But I'm easy so here ya go

Before
Name:  iPhone111013009_zps5a2f3278.jpg
Views: 5840
Size:  3.72 MB

After
Name:  iPhone111013042_zps852adf4d.jpg
Views: 5774
Size:  2.19 MB
Name:  iPhone111013044_zps22cbba9f.jpg
Views: 5807
Size:  2.68 MB[/URL][/IMG]
Old 12-06-2013, 05:47 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Thanks! Got the idea from LOLURMAD, who had it done at 180Custom. When I first saw LOLURMAD's grille, I just about flipped with a "THAT'S IT!!!" moment. It was perfect. So I printed the picture out on photo paper, and set it right here on my desk, taunting me for months.

Somewhere on the Forum there's a person who had this done with his Graphite Shadow S-Sedan, and it looks freaking gorgeous. I suspect it would look better on every color Sedan, with exception to Black, in which case it's just murdered.
Just realized LOLURMAD is parting his out and looking for a stock grill. May be a good swap for someone close?
Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
if it was all black or black with graphite on the edge I would have grabbed it already long time ago :X

Somewhere on the Forum there's a person who had this done with his Graphite Shadow S-Sedan, and it looks freaking gorgeous. I suspect it would look better on every color Sedan, with exception to Black, in which case it's just murdered.
I have seen that as well, can't remember who it was and yes it did look great but I was kind of skeptical about it as well as perfectly matching the color :/
Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that any non-resonated HFC would sound great matched to the OEM Exhaust. But it's completely arbitrary how it would sound when matched with an aftermarket cat-back, because there are so many options out there. And unfortunately, more often than not it sounds raspy.

However, it seems the *resonated* HFC from Fast Intentions always sounds good, no matter what it's matched with. I believe the downside is that when it's on an OEM exhaust, it's rather muted.

Suppose I'll find out this Spring. There a cat here named Alfredo who recently put a RHFC on his OEM exhaust, and he was unimpressed. RexHavoc (here) will be be doing the same in a few weeks. And then there's me in a few months.

Not too long ago I saw a thread where someone had a pair of test-pipes configured with Helmholtz resonators. That's pretty fascinating. ARK uses that technology with their cat-back.
I do have the FI RHFCs installed (about 9 months ago) and agree with Rochester. The resonated HFCs do not have any rasp and are amazingly well built. No CELs either. As for sound you don't really hear them until 3.5 to 4k rpm and they are a bit silent with an OEM exhaust. My SRIs have been installed recently, which are louder than the RHFCs.

I had the install performed at a shop and took about 1 to 1.5 hrs. The hardest part of the install was removing the bolts to the existing cats, which took two guys, from what I observed.

Rochester - I know I still owe you a visit! Hopefully in the next few weeks after I get my exhaust and tune.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Choman
I do have the FI RHFCs installed (about 9 months ago) and agree with Rochester. The resonated HFCs do not have any rasp and are amazingly well built. No CELs either. As for sound you don't really hear them until 3.5 to 4k rpm and they are a bit silent with an OEM exhaust. My SRIs have been installed recently, which are louder than the RHFCs.

I had the install performed at a shop and took about 1 to 1.5 hrs. The hardest part of the install was removing the bolts to the existing cats, which took two guys, from what I observed.

Rochester - I know I still owe you a visit! Hopefully in the next few weeks after I get my exhaust and tune.

hmm looks like I might have found myself a local 6MT sedan buddy

yeah as matter of fact I think my SRIs were even louder than my Berk non-resonated HFCs on stock exhaust
Old 12-06-2013, 06:07 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

When you say a bit silent, is it deeper or about the same?
Old 12-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Before

After
Yep, that front end is murdered. But still better than the OEM chrome. I like it...

...with exception to the painted INFINITI logo. And in this case, I don't mean go back to chrome. But paint it an off shade to the gloss black. Or buy one of those logo-less grilles. Yeah, probably that last one.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
This might be the funniest thing I've seen on this site.

"At what point is a car considered a '***** magnet'? Is there...a scale? some device for measuring the amount of attraction?"
Glad I could make you laugh.

I think the 2 car seats in the back exclude my G from being a ***** magnet
Old 12-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Whenever, man. I almost never go anywhere. Of course, it is Winter, and having a 1:1 meetup is kind of unpleasant when it's below freezing and the cars are covered in road salt. Sounds like you're going all in on mods. With RHFC, SRI, CBE and a tune, it's going to be hard to compare what's what in what you've done. Still want to try, though.

You know, this thread is turning into a 6MT owners club. No wait... newt and rex. LOL

Last edited by Rochester; 12-06-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Mik3G37S

Whenever, man. I almost never go anywhere. Of course, it is Winter, and having a 1:1 meetup is kind of unpleasant when it's below freezing and the cars are covered in road salt. Sounds like you're going all in on mods. With RHFC, SRI, CBE and a tune, it's going to be hard to compare what's what in what you've done. Still want to try, though.
hmm.. since he's from around here maybe whenever he'd be willing to drive up there I might as well come along too haha

You know, this thread is turning into a 6MT owners club. No wait... newt and rex. LOL
LMAO that was pretty funny with the emoticon to it

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread