Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Remote starter installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 10:12 PM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Snaoum
Wow that's weird. Typically Nissan and Infiniti unlock when car shuts off, yet your saying you didn't hook up and of those wires.
Wait it's normal for them to unlock when they shut off? I had one installed and I find that quite unsettling; I was about to go back to them to fix that.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:03 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
When I turn off my car and open the door all four doors unlocked. If I remember correctly I think there's a setting you can change within the touchscreen interface in the comfort zone. Not sure if this exists on both non-navigation and navigation models however it exists on my navigation model.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Rodknock
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Reviving this thread. Have a question concerning the BCM connector.
Just how much does the white locking tab have to be pulled back in order to get the wires inserted into the plug?
I'm kinda like a bull in a China shop, and I don't want to break those fragile little connectors, as I already managed to do to one of them.
Also are those terminals indexed as to how they go into the plug?
Thanks a bunch in advance. Trying to get this remote start put in, as snow is already flying here.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:32 AM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
i never hooked wires to my BCM....
Old 11-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Rodknock
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The system i have has 2 wires that go to blank spots on pin 15 and pin 37..
Here's from my instruction sheet.

3.Locate the empty pin-15 of the green 40-pin plug at the BCM. Reference the plug shape in the diagram on the next page and test functionality of the circuit by probing the empty pin with a meter for verification, this is where you will connect the Green (-) Unlock wire in pin-A4 of the 20-pin plug of the EVO-ALL.

The purpose of this connection is to unlock your door with the aftermarket DS4 remotes before entering the vehicle when it is running from a remote start. Otherwise the vehicle will shut down when any door is opened.

4. Locate the empty pin-37 (pin-17 for Murano) of the green 40-pin plug at the BCM. Reference the plug shape in the diagram on the next page and test functionality of the circuit by probing the empty pin with a meter for verification, this is where you will connect the White (-) Lock wire in pin-A5 of the 20-pin plug of the EVO-ALL.

The purpose of this connection is to lock your door with the aftermarket DS4 remotes.

somewhere around page 9 on here it showed it being done with a pic, just wondering what all is involved. I'll mess with it again tomorrow and see if I can screw it up..haha
Old 12-06-2015, 09:32 PM
EdsNotHere
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just installed mine today. $78 from Amazon and no need for the flash link.

Plug harness included.

White with black stripes to start button
Brown to park lamp
Pink with black stripe to door jamb switch.

Just follow the instructions in the video and works like a charm.

Amazon.com: Fortin - EVO-NIST1 - Stand-Alone Add-On Vehicle Remote Start Car Starter System For Nissan Infiniti With Push-To-Start Smart Key: Automotive Amazon.com: Fortin - EVO-NIST1 - Stand-Alone Add-On Vehicle Remote Start Car Starter System For Nissan Infiniti With Push-To-Start Smart Key: Automotive

Old 12-06-2015, 10:04 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by EdsNotHere
Just installed mine today. $78 from Amazon and no need for the flash link.

Plug harness included.

White with black stripes to start button
Brown to park lamp
Pink with black stripe to door jamb switch.

Just follow the instructions in the video and works like a charm.

Amazon.com: Fortin - EVO-NIST1 - Stand-Alone Add-On Vehicle Remote Start Car Starter System For Nissan Infiniti With Push-To-Start Smart Key: Automotive

2012 Infiniti G37 Remote Start Installation - YouTube

I'm confused. Blazeplacid said you need the flash link. The description for the Fortin EVO-NIST1 says

separate FLASH-LINK required for DCryptor for vehicles without keyport

Programming with separate FLASH-LINK required

However you say you did it without the purchase of the flash link?

What is the flash link for?
Old 12-07-2015, 12:33 AM
EdsNotHere
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
I'm confused. Blazeplacid said you need the flash link. The description for the Fortin EVO-NIST1 says

Programming with separate FLASH-LINK required

However you say you did it without the purchase of the flash link?

What is the flash link for?
I assume to program other features. I watched the vid and he shows the programming steps and works just like he shows. I let mine run and it shut off after 20 min. I opened the window and remote started it and left the fob inside and reached in and unlocked the door and opened it. The car shut off. No way to steal it without the fob.

Just make sure when programming when all the lights are alternating, wait till the yellow starts blinking all by itself. I kept thinking it was blinking with the red and blue and when done I was getting a blinking red light. After I waited till it was yellow only and finished the steps it worked perfect.

Last edited by EdsNotHere; 12-08-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:38 PM
tbulsara

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
just ordered mine.. lets see how it turns out...
Old 01-06-2016, 12:37 AM
MegaTruong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
The description for the Fortin EVO-NIST1 says

Our cars have the keyport, therefore you don't need the flash link. The video shows the entire install.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:32 AM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
What long-range antenna is he using in this video? Anyone know?
Old 04-11-2016, 02:50 PM
G10
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
I am wondering if anyone here has just gone to a Nissan dealership to get their auto starter. The Altima's and Maxima's have started to come with optional auto starter
and the Key fob isn't much different to our current one.

Take a look at this remote starter from ebay

let's hear your thought are on this option.

Thanks
G10
Old 04-12-2016, 02:11 AM
rlb
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So which is easier to install, the Fortin EVO-NIST1 or the DBALL2 with harness? Any advantage of one vs the other? I thought I read that as of July 2015 DE reversed their decision and now allows 3x lock on the DBALL2? I'm looking for the easiest install without cutting or splicing wires preferably.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:03 AM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by rlb
So which is easier to install, the Fortin EVO-NIST1 or the DBALL2 with harness? Any advantage of one vs the other? I thought I read that as of July 2015 DE reversed their decision and now allows 3x lock on the DBALL2? I'm looking for the easiest install without cutting or splicing wires preferably.
I've no experience with the DBALL, but the Fortin was simple to install. Though, you will need to tap a few wires, as the video shows.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Andyg90
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Fortin for me. I expected install to realistically take 7-9 hours (always run into hiccups) but I got it done in 3.5 hours. Highly recommend

Quick Reply: Remote starter installed!