Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Remote starter installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 06:44 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok, so i did a hard reset, reflashed the unit and got the same results - no start. So i decided to go back through and check the wires, it looks like my tap on the PTS button didn't fully connect. Re did the tap and it starts....

I noticed that once the car is started, if you do 3x lock it will not shut off - is this normal? or is this what everyone else is doing?

with the dball2 i could start and shut off the car with the 3x lock.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:20 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Any one tried this?
EVO-NIST1 | Preloaded module & T-Harness combo for 2007+ Nissan and Infiniti Push-To-Start vehicles. | Fortin

I'm thinking about trying it. They provide an install guide on thier site. I'm pretty sure someone posted a video of how to install this set up
Old 12-19-2014, 02:11 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyfox16
So you didn't run the one green wire with the metal pin on the end over to the passenger side and yours still starts?

I just tried installed the dballpro2 and all I'm having is issues. I'm able to program it fine. I hit lock x3 and i see the dball led blink green, my parking lights flash then the unit starts to blink orange and red. it repeats this about 3 times then it doesn't do anything. I tried re flashing it multiple times and still no luck. not sure what i am doing wrong.

last time with the dball2 everything plugged in an it started right up.

i did NOT install anything to my BCM, just the one PTS connection. For whatever reason my harness didn't have the wires with pins on it, it even looked like they were missing from the plug that connects to the dball2. Try doing the programming with the fob in the port, I'm pretty sure that's what did the trick for me.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:15 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Mine is auto and i have the yellow loop cut. Do we know what the green wire to the BCM is doing? I saw above that someone didnt even connect that wire and it still worked. Otherwise its all plug and play except for the PTS tap which is why i am stumped.

I know when i used the dball2 last year i had to connect 3 wires to the BCM and i see now its only showing 1 wire in the manual - is this because of a newer firmware for the dball2?

Ill do a hard reset on the dball and reprogram it and make a video later today.
i believe the BCM wire is just for the door locks, which the dball can be programmed to communicate via the bus. My dealer even told me that those wires are not needed and since my harness was missing them i figured i would go ahead and try the install without them. I can guarantee you that everything is working and I've been using it every day several times a day.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:29 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Originally Posted by botlfed98
i believe the BCM wire is just for the door locks, which the dball can be programmed to communicate via the bus. My dealer even told me that those wires are not needed and since my harness was missing them i figured i would go ahead and try the install without them. I can guarantee you that everything is working and I've been using it every day several times a day.
Did you install the dball2 or the dball2PRO?
EDIT: i see from your picture before that you used the dball2.

Did you select any different options when you flashed the unit on your computer?
Old 12-19-2014, 03:43 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Did you install the dball2 or the dball2PRO?
EDIT: i see from your picture before that you used the dball2.

Did you select any different options when you flashed the unit on your computer?

dball2, didn't change any options. Did have to contact the company to have the 3x lock feature added back in on their end for the flash...was pretty much a fiasco
Old 12-30-2014, 10:18 AM
MylilG

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Has anyone been able to flash a new dball unit with a older (3x start) firmware to be able to use that function or is flashing a dball unit locked in to the website and can only be flashed with the new firmware without the 3x start feature?

I feel like an idiot for waiting to get the dball, which was much cheaper than going with the 4x10 or the dball2pro. I wanted the 3x start function but seems like that might be my only route. Or is it?
Old 12-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MylilG
Has anyone been able to flash a new dball unit with a older (3x start) firmware to be able to use that function or is flashing a dball unit locked in to the website and can only be flashed with the new firmware without the 3x start feature?

I feel like an idiot for waiting to get the dball, which was much cheaper than going with the 4x10 or the dball2pro. I wanted the 3x start function but seems like that might be my only route. Or is it?
I have the dball2pro and the regular dball2 and when i tried to program the dball2 last week - it would not let me pick 3x lock start - even though i have previously programed one last winter and it did have that feature. I then did the online chat and told the person i purchased it before they took the feature away - i just hadnt programmed it yet but he said there was nothing they could do. I tried to start a new chat but it came up with the same person "Dale" so i didnt bother trying another time.

There are posts above from a user who was able to get them to re-enable that 3x lock feature - but they wouldnt do it for me so i just kept the dball2pro installed. Its pretty much the same install between both units. It seems like the dball2pro is hard to find in stock and on ebay it has a crazy mark up right now.

I paid $75 for my dball2pro and now on ebay its around $225.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:44 AM
MylilG

I have the dball2pro and the regular dball2 and when i tried to program the dball2 last week - it would not let me pick 3x lock start - even though i have previously programed one last winter and it did have that feature. I then did the online chat and told the person i purchased it before they took the feature away - i just hadnt programmed it yet but he said there was nothing they could do. I tried to start a new chat but it came up with the same person "Dale" so i didnt bother trying another time.

There are posts above from a user who was able to get them to re-enable that 3x lock feature - but they wouldnt do it for me so i just kept the dball2pro installed. Its pretty much the same install between both units. It seems like the dball2pro is hard to find in stock and on ebay it has a crazy mark up right now.

I paid $75 for my dball2pro and now on ebay its around $225.
I appreciate the response. The mark up on it is ridiculous. I think I'll try going the 4x10 route since it'll be a little cheaper than the dball2pro one. I only want the 3x lock to start feature. Just sucks having to pay almost double because I didn't buy it before October.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:46 PM
MylilG

Just to confirm, is the installation for the 4x10 exactly like the dball2pro?
Has anyone here actually have a 4x10 installed?
It uses the thniss3c harness so I assume its the same install.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

if you go to xpresskits and put in your year/make/model info you can look at the install guide - it looks like its the same hookup as the dbal2pro since they both use the same t harness. You need to tap the PTS button wire and run one wire over to Pin 37 on the BCM. Im not sure what the difference between the two units is though.

The only thing i found is once i start the car with the 3x lock - i cannot get it to shut off if i hit 3x lock again. With my previous G37 and the dball2 i was able to do this.

They also make kits like this: Python 4211P - where it looks like you get the 4x10 and a 2 way remote package. I already have the remotes and i waiting for the correct antenna cable to come so hopefully i can have the 3x lock start and the 2000' foot range remote work as well.
The following users liked this post:
MylilG (12-30-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 08:54 AM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Update for those who are going to install the DBall2PRO and/or want to add a long range remote.

I was able to hookup 2 python 2-way remotes with a range of 2000 feet. (Even though i park close to my office window - the oem remote wasnt cutting it)

Viper and python both make RF Kits that include everything you need to add a longer range remote to the dball2pro.

I purchased the python kit with the responder one remotes. These are small one button remotes. It came with an antenna and a special antenna cable with a valet button for programming. Both remotes programmed pretty quick and i now have the option of using the 3x lock on the oem remote and i can grab the other two long range remotes. They even beep and flash the remote led to confirm the car started.

Just thought i would share incase others are finding the oem remote range to not be very good. You should also be able to go this route with the dball or dball2 if you dont care about the 3x lock on the oem remote. The dball and regular dball2 will require the XL202 module to add the remotes.
Attached Thumbnails Remote starter installed!-photo-dec-30-4-42-04-pm.jpg  
Old 12-31-2014, 07:09 PM
ay37
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I used a 4x10. Exactly like the dball2pro. Uses the harness ending with a "c" as you specified.

Update for those who are going to install the DBall2PRO and/or want to add a long range remote.

I was able to hookup 2 python 2-way remotes with a range of 2000 feet. (Even though i park close to my office window - the oem remote wasnt cutting it)

Viper and python both make RF Kits that include everything you need to add a longer range remote to the dball2pro.

I purchased the python kit with the responder one remotes. These are small one button remotes. It came with an antenna and a special antenna cable with a valet button for programming. Both remotes programmed pretty quick and i now have the option of using the 3x lock on the oem remote and i can grab the other two long range remotes. They even beep and flash the remote led to confirm the car started.

Just thought i would share incase others are finding the oem remote range to not be very good. You should also be able to go this route with the dball or dball2 if you dont care about the 3x lock on the oem remote. The dball and regular dball2 will require the XL202 module to add the remotes.
Awesome post! ... I agree that the factory remote range doesn't cut it. After some time, I'm starting to crave more range. I'm used to long range aftermarket systems, but I was really hoping the OEM would be good enough. I think I'm gonna have to buy this

EDIT: after searching online, I'm finding it difficult to locate anyone that sells the python 9211P... I'll check with my local dealer I guess... the XL202 module is easy to find though.
maybe different part number? is this the same? It is a full system though, unlike the one you showed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PYTHON-4203P-REMOTE-CAR-STARTER-/281547730520?pt=US_Remote_Start_Entry_Systems&hash=item418d8d6e58
EDIT2: scratch that... i looked up the viper and clifford models as well, and I think i like the clifford 1 buttons better (looks wise). all the same, just different looking remotes. they make a 4205X and 9211X for clifford. the 4205X is the full system, and the 9211X is the add-on kit. Both are pretty much the same price though online lol...

EDIT3: just ordered the 9211x and xl202 from a local dealer. should have it soon. hope it's easy. ;;; after reading over skyfox's post, i realized i probably won't need the xl202 since i have a 4x10 which is equivalent to a dball2pro. i now noticed he said that only the older modules would need it. so i'll see about returning that as long as i don't need it.

Last edited by ay37; 01-03-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:27 AM
chgkcku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do some DIY for these. Ill consider doing it too.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:07 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
I second that idea too

Quick Reply: Remote starter installed!