Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:49 PM
4rnr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looks great
Old 08-20-2012, 10:04 PM
zoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice clean job. Looks great. I agree that they look better than strips.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by BLamb
it does look good newt, did you want to hook them up as DRL's? seems several people have used these ebay modules with success:

LED Daytime Running Light DRL Relay Harness Auto Control On/Off Switch Infiniti | eBay
Sorry B, passed right by your post earlier
Interesting switch module. I've got the switch & the relay, all I really want is a simple hot wire to splice into that's only hot when the motor is running and a good place in the firewall to run the switch wires through, wish me luck

Originally Posted by INFINITI G37
that's awesome
Thanks

Originally Posted by sniper27
looks really good. better than all those add on LED strips out there.
It does seem to blend pretty well w/ the rest of the front end, thanks for the kudos!

Originally Posted by sneakers
I have 09xs. Gonna bite my lips and hold off my questions till you write your DIY.
Is your bumper the same as mine? If so no problem, if not then we may have to did a little deeper.
Originally Posted by 4rnr
looks great
Appreciate it
Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 AM
DeepRumble

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That looks amazing. I have been wanting to do something to the bottom part of that front bumper and this sir is what i will be doing. I would love it if you could put together a DIY post on the exact steps/tools necessary to complete this.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:26 AM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Looks like you did a good job making it clean. But are you intended to use these as fogs? How bright are they, they look like they could blind all sorts of people.

For some odd reason I tend to like the bottom fogs faced further away from each other to where they're further than the head lights. I find it weird when fogs are positioned in between the headlights (not even sure if you could understand this).
Agree. They look as though they would be distracting to oncoming drivers. Many of the aftermarket lights are. I would go back to stock.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:18 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by DeepRumble
That looks amazing. I have been wanting to do something to the bottom part of that front bumper and this sir is what i will be doing. I would love it if you could put together a DIY post on the exact steps/tools necessary to complete this.
Thanks Eric, I'll get a DIY together once I find the best (easiest) way to wire them up

Originally Posted by G37CPA
Agree. They look as though they would be distracting to oncoming drivers. Many of the aftermarket lights are. I would go back to stock.
I'll post some pics from a distance once I get them hard wired, they look much more intense from the distance I took those pics, not eye-retina burning at all from a distance, these don't have the deep penetration like HID projectors or traditional halogen fogs. In the mean time you'll just have to trust me
Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Well done! They look very good.
I look fwd to seeing more pics.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Same here. I'm thinking at dusk, without the direct glare. And from a distance. And maybe with a bikini model, if you can swing it. That would be nice.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:21 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by blnewt

Nice install! How are they holding up after vibration/bumps? Would you share a pic showing the light output on the ground at night, with both headlights and fogs turned on?

Oh and .... ouch your bumper on bare concrete...

Originally Posted by blnewt

Originally Posted by Rochester
From these pictures, I like it. As for position of the fogs, look at this picture here:

Look at how the inside line of the headlight assembly draws the eye down over the bumper, to where the fog light is aligned just on the outside of that line.

Whether intentional or otherwise, it's a very good look. Well done, Newt.
^^^ I like that explanation and see the headlight line queues, good catch! As a personal opinion, maybe they could've been installed just a few inches toward the outside of the car, while still keeping that headlight/fogs alignment. Just my opinion though.

Great job! Nice lights
Old 08-24-2012, 02:16 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

For those that are interested the DIY thread is now up, PM me if you have any questions or you can post on this thread
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...in-bumper.html

Last edited by blnewt; 08-24-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:17 PM
G35VSHNG37

pretty awesome
Old 08-24-2012, 02:17 PM
G35VSHNG37

what are your next mods??
Old 08-24-2012, 05:07 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Thx a lot rpm, I'll shoot some street pics soon!
Originally Posted by Rochester
Same here. I'm thinking at dusk, without the direct glare. And from a distance. And maybe with a bikini model, if you can swing it. That would be nice.
Now that you've set the mood I'll see what I can do, might have to get a cardboard cutout to pose next to the car though
Originally Posted by jon23
Nice install! How are they holding up after vibration/bumps? Would you share a pic showing the light output on the ground at night, with both headlights and fogs turned on?
Oh and .... ouch your bumper on bare concrete...
^^^ I like that explanation and see the headlight line queues, good catch! As a personal opinion, maybe they could've been installed just a few inches toward the outside of the car, while still keeping that headlight/fogs alignment. Just my opinion though.
Great job! Nice lights
Thanks Jon, the lights are still rock solid, and several have thought they'd look better w/ a wider spacing, maybe so, but I'm very happy w/ the look & the lights really add a nice touch to the front end. I doubt I'd change a thing if I had to do it over again.
Originally Posted by G35VSHNG37
pretty awesome
Originally Posted by G35VSHNG37
what are your next mods??
Thanks G35V, much appreciated. I plan on carbon wrapping my mirrors & rear valance and if I have a solid run @ the poker tables in Vegas I'd really like to look into a Willwood Big Brake Kit (everyone's got to have a dream )
Old 08-24-2012, 10:10 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Here's a few night pics for those that wanted to see~
Lights off about 40 feet away

Lights off (just the glare from the flash on the Xenons)

Lights on last 2 pics

Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Dark Sarcasm

Looks damn nice, good work.

Quick Reply: Installed LED Fog lights/DRLs in bumper