Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Tanabe Axleback and deleting resonator

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 11:44 AM
dmallen2010
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Tanabe Axleback and deleting resonator

Looking to get some more sound out of my exhaust. The Tanabe axleback is a great looking exhaust, love it! Just want more sound, without drone.

I found a video of someone who deleted their resonators with the Tanabe axleback, it sounds good but it's only rev's (no driving under load). Link below.

Does anybody on this forum have this setup?
Is there drone? (Comments on the youtube video say no, but I'm skeptical)
Is the exhaust loud in the car?

Looking to make a decision on deleting the resonators or replacing them with vibrant 1790's that others have done on this forum
Old 03-15-2017, 11:49 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Did you delete the original thread where this was posted...?

So maybe just shorten the stock resonator; or is that what the Vibrant resonator you mentioned does? The delete leaves the tone raspy and pitched IMO. Have you considered a custom exhaust at 2.5''? Have it run from the cat to the Tanabe, that could get you some tone without sacrificing the low rumble.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:57 AM
dmallen2010
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, I did as I posted it as a review...

Yes, replacing the stock resonators with vibrant 1790's resonators. The sedans stock resonators are 18" long where the vibrant 1790 are 12" long. Others on this forum have gone that route. Which I'm considering as well.

Replacing the exhaust from the cats to the mufflers would be more than I'd want to spend. Since I already have Tanabe.

Last edited by dmallen2010; 03-15-2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: english