D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: 2012 Non Navigation with Bose Bluetooth Streaming + Analog input GROM box

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Crystalave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will this work ona 2013 g37 infiniti, did u install the plug for the aux in between the seats ?
Old 08-14-2016, 01:07 PM
pahanorlando
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Can anyone advise, does iPod connector still works after install? I'd rather keep ipod connection for my iPod classic and use bluetooth streaming for my iPhone.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2016, 10:37 PM
z_scorpio_z

Need help with this. First thanks to the OP for the detailed instructions. I did however get stuck once i get to the last step, where you remove the two difficult screws, the problem is the unit does not come out, there are some plastic tabs (for the first piece) that block the unit (I also did not want to remove the gearbox area). Anyway I got some help and somehow we pryed the plastic out of the way to get the metal tabs over it. However, once I plugged everything (I think, I am worried if I missed a connector), leaving the bt3 extra connector hanging and the satellite radio connector hanging and closed up the entire console (big mistake should have tested it ). The problem is that there is no audio at all, not from FM, AM, USB, GROM etc. In the XM I do see text for GROM and I do see GROM as a BT device and can connect to it from my phone but there is no sounds for GROM or from AM, FM, USB, Car Bluetooth etc. Do I need to disconnect the satellite radio harness from the trunk? Or do you think I missed (or incorrectly) connected some harness.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:53 PM
amh085

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Is anyone having skipping issues when using USB? Spoke to Grom about it and
they said If I didn't unplug the XM connector in the trunk before installation that I
could have audio issues. They also want me to take out the unit and install their update (seems like a pain since I paid someone to install this)

My aux chord works fine but it's really not that loud compared to radio. My main quarrel is the loudness.
I saw a user on here post that the Bluetooth is comparable to radio sound quality. Can anyone confirm this? Wondering If I should spend $50 for the bluetooth dongle ( I have the NIS02U3, assuming most of you have the NISO2B3)
Old 04-30-2018, 11:41 AM
LiquidPlatinum1

To those that disconnected the Xm tuner in the back, which wires control the Xm tuner? I see 3 wires on the left side and a pink and white wire on the right side. I can't find this info anywhere. Thank you.