D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Headlight and Foglight Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 01:56 AM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
Here you go. Just posted some descriptive photos on my site, with links to the full-sized images. They're fairly visible and with the proper length screwdriver, pretty accessible.

gshack » G35 Sedan Headlight Adjustment **** Locations
Thank you so much! I was looking at the wrong ****...the guy who posted the picture on page 2 was wrong! Thanks again!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:59 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
You're welcome. Not sure if that other guy had an '07 or not, so it could be applicable to his ride only.

Then again, OEM's are known to modify parts mid-production, we probably got lucky with the exposed adjusters.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:36 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Originally Posted by soundmike
You're welcome. Not sure if that other guy had an '07 or not, so it could be applicable to his ride only.

Then again, OEM's are known to modify parts mid-production, we probably got lucky with the exposed adjusters.
So I finally found the adjustment screw using your pictures (thank you so much btw). I raised my headlights a couple centimeters. They were well hidden by the wires (since i have AFS there were more wires to have to push aside by the screwdriver to expose the gear.

The post on the second page showing that tamperproof seal isn't the adjustment ****. I heard that adjustment **** was for horizontal adjustment, but I'm not so sure.

Anyways, I got the adjustment correctly this time!
Old 10-02-2010, 02:43 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Very cool. Glad you got it sorted out. I went through the same thing after having had the headlights replaced for stress cracks, it was pretty much pointing to the floor when i got the car back.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Ok so Ive had 1 light replaced and Im dropped on coils. SO I just measure up to the center of my projector then take that measurement and subtract 2 inches. Then take that measurement mark it on the wall back up 25ft and align my beam with that. Right? But what about what someone said that the pass side was suppose to be a little higher. My beam wont be hard to see since I did the TSX-R swap on my lenses.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Buckeye G
Ok so Ive had 1 light replaced and Im dropped on coils. SO I just measure up to the center of my projector then take that measurement and subtract 2 inches. Then take that measurement mark it on the wall back up 25ft and align my beam with that. Right? But what about what someone said that the pass side was suppose to be a little higher. My beam wont be hard to see since I did the TSX-R swap on my lenses.
Yep that's correct! Yeah with the projectors we have a sharp cut-off line. Align both of the cut-off lines together on the wall at first then bump the right about a 1/2" to 1" inch difference above the left cut-off line. Mine is about an inch and I had to recently redo mine as well because I went to coilovers too.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:28 AM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Xcalibur
Yep that's correct! Yeah with the projectors we have a sharp cut-off line. Align both of the cut-off lines together on the wall at first then bump the right about a 1/2" to 1" inch difference above the left cut-off line. Mine is about an inch and I had to recently redo mine as well because I went to coilovers too.
Is it me or do Acura TSX and Acura TL have their headlights aimed way too high? I saw a TSX the other day at a gas station with its headlights on and the beam was raised higher than the headlight level.

I've also noticed that those cars have their headlights aimed pretty high on the highway, judging by the distance between them and the car in front of them. Their beams consistently are on the license plate on the cars in front of them.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:29 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^^I noticed that too, their projectors are the BEST
Old 10-28-2010, 06:06 PM
gooberx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the best write ups!!! Others take note...
Old 10-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks man!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Aggieav8r

I've noticed that my right side was higher and it's bugged the hell out of me - now I know why!

Great post man thanks - I'm checking mine this weekend.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:51 AM
JJsBusaRox

I'm gonna do this tomorrow. Thanks for the write up X!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:28 AM
swagger_jacker

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok so been doing a lot of research on this the last week or so cuz i just had my car lowered on eibach pros with 20's. I noticed my headlights didnt light up the road anymore after the drop. Took the car to the dealer to get them adjusted and they wont touch it for liability reasons (whatever). So i tried to do it myself. Adjusted them up, started the car and they moved back down to level out. Any ideas? Need to get this fixed ASAP can not see $hit at night. 08 sedan with AFS.

Also anyone ever hear of sensors on the suspension that level your headlights if you have too much weight in the rear of the car?
Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 AM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Swagger, just follow the directions on here it is super easy to do. Never heard of sensors on the suspension at least on the coupe idk about the sedan.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:04 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
I recently readjusted my headlights and have the AFS as well but it didn't move back down as you mentioned.

Quick Reply: DIY: Headlight and Foglight Adjustment