Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

My Migliore's Review: Original Blend

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up My Migliore's Review: Original Blend

So I picked up a sample from Don weeks ago to give it a try. Had seen quite a few good reviews on this site and my research on the web showed complete satisfaction with the products.

Let me be the first to say I'm always very skeptical and hesitant about products that aren't sold mainstream and are sold by independent "distributors". I tend to stick to professional detailing products like the Menzerna line, Pinnacle, Chemical Guys, etc. Products like this a industry proven to provide excellent results.

Well... Migliore's has changed my perception of products like this. I'll always hold judgement and have more respect for the smaller exclusive guys until I have tried their products.

First Impression After Opening Migliore's Original (10 out of 10)
Pleasantly surprised. The wax is much different than your typical carnuba wax. I'm was so amazed at the percentage of wax and oils that appear to be packed into this product. Not to mention, that it smells great. A perfect citrus smell that is quite addicting.

Application on Migliore's Original (9 out of 10)
Prior to applying the Migliore's the car was of course cleaned and prepped for a sealant and wax. I started off using my Menzerna FMJ which I've always been pleased with. It provides excellent durability and in my opinion provides a nice base for a topping with a Carnuba wax. In the past, I've normally used Poorboys Natty's Blue on top of the Menzerna FMJ.

Application of the product was a breeze. When applying with a microfiber pad, it was very easy to get a smooth and consistent layer of Migliore's on the car. The product is very smooth as well. A nice thin layer is all you need with this stuff and due to all the oils, it makes it especially easy to do. The last thing you want to do when applying a wax is to apply too much or have an uneven application.

Removal of Migliore's Original (8 out of 10)
Removal of the Migliore’s was on par with other fine waxes I’ve used. For me, after a first pass of removal with a microfiber, I did not some oily residue left, however, with another pass with a clean microfiber the residue was easily removed. I did notice that if I let it dry a bit longer that it was easier to remove. I also pulled my G37 out into the driveway where it was a bit warmer and still not in direct sunlight and removal was significantly improved. I guess it’s something you gotta try with waxes. The wax did not produce any dust or flakes of excess wax. Very smooth removal.

Final Impression After Using Migliore’s Original (9 out of 10)
AN OUTSTANDING PRODUCT! I’m very pleased with the Migliore’s Original. As mentioned above, application of the product was a breeze and removal was consistent with other fine waxes. The wax produced a nice dark and wet look to my G37. I’m very picky about waxes used on black cars… some fine waxes are overly shiny. I prefer a nice dark, deep, wet look, which was easily accomplished with the Migliore.

I will use Migliore’s again and would gladly recommend the product to others. It is consistent with other fine carnuba waxes and very competively priced. The guys at Migliores have a winner with this one for sure. I can’t wait to try the Primo Blend soon.

Last edited by Blackjack; 10-12-2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:36 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good review Blackjack. You will need to let us know about durability in a couple of weeks to let us know if this product lasts.

BTW, I need a neighborhood Blackjack to detail my car.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Good review Blackjack. You will need to let us know about durability in a couple of weeks to let us know if this product lasts.

BTW, I need a neighborhood Blackjack to detail my car.
Of course. So far so good. I did this a few weekends ago and just now getting around to putting up my review. I've washed the G once since doing it and it looked just like I had just put it on. Very nice beading & sheeting properties.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:54 AM
XtatiC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks great...
Old 10-12-2008, 03:11 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Applied by hand or with PC? Great results...
Old 10-12-2008, 03:18 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Hand.... You wouldn't want to apply with PC.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:42 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks great man, how hard is it to apply with hand, i never really apply anything on my car except for ultima soap and water and ultima car guard plus(wax replacement)
Old 10-12-2008, 04:46 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jnguyennikka
looks great man, how hard is it to apply with hand, i never really apply anything on my car except for ultima soap and water and ultima car guard plus(wax replacement)
Easy to apply with a microfiber pad. Removal is on-par with other fine waxes.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot for the great review, Brian.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Your results are similar to mine Blackjack. The difference is that I used the Migliore Original Liquid wax. I applied with a PC using a black pad simply to speed up the process and get a good even coat. The consistency was a bit "chunky" and not a creamy smooth texture like most liquid waxes. It did not dry to a chalky haze like many paste waxes; it seemed to stay a bit oily. Removal was a lot like your experience in that I had to go over it with a MF twice to make sure that I got it all off. The results however, were just like yours. Very deep and wet looking. Pretty good durability too. I'd definitely recommend this product to anybody who cares about their precious car's exterior. A great product at a good price.

Last edited by Black Betty; 10-12-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Damn typos.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Seer

good reviews
Old 10-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Your results are similar to mine Blackjack. The difference is that I used the Migliore Original Liquid wax. I applied with a PC using a black pad simply to speed up the process and get a good even coat. The consistency was a bit "chunky" and not a creamy smooth texture like most liquid waxes. It did not dry to a chalky haze like many paste waxes; it seemed to stay a bit oily. Removal was a lot like your experience in that I had to go over it with a MF twice to make sure trhat I got it all off. The results however, were just like yours. Very dep and wet looking. Pretty good durability too. I'd definitely recommend this prodcut to anybody who cares about their brecious car's exterior. A great product at a good price.
Thanks BB! I'm was curious about the Liquid Wax. In the past, I'd always been a big fan of liquid waxes, but paste waxes are growing on me.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Seer

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Thanks BB! I'm was curious about the Liquid Wax. In the past, I'd always been a big fan of liquid waxes, but paste waxes are growing on me.

ever try stacking them? Paste on the bottom, liquid on top, a lot of wax blenders are doing this now. It' really creates an amazing unique look. I'm sure this can be accomplished with the migliore lineup.

As long as the liquid wax is polymere free, and is just a natural carnauba like the paste, since polymeres need a bare surface to bond/cross link to.

Last edited by Seer; 10-12-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seer
ever try stacking them? Paste on the bottom, liquid on top, a lot of wax blenders are doing this now. It' really creates an amazing unique look. I'm sure this can be accomplished with the migliore lineup.

As long as the liquid wax is polymere free, and is just a natural carnauba like the paste, since polymeres need a bare surface to bond/cross link to.
Yep, you would be able to do this with Migliore!
Old 10-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Seer

Originally Posted by Don@Migliore
Yep, you would be able to do this with Migliore!
should do a package deal with both products, it really does do the best of both worlds type of finish