Build Threads

DuuMaa's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 02:02 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
What's up K! Great stuff so far, can't wait for the build to unfold and see it in person!
Old 05-15-2016, 05:10 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Some pretty unique stuff here. That honeycomb etching is like nothing I've ever seen. That's a fascinating detail.

/subbed
Thank you! You can get pretty much any 2d design you want etched onto the lens, takes customizing your headlights to a whole new level.

Originally Posted by qmantran
Are you in the DFW area? It's nice to see someone with such a clean G that is local. I'm in the south dallas area. I see you have some type of DFW decal on the rear window.
Thanks! Yes I am, I stay in the garland area. Its a DFW G Club sticker, there is a group on facebook.
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (05-17-2016)
Old 05-15-2016, 05:10 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ttv36
What's up K! Great stuff so far, can't wait for the build to unfold and see it in person!
What up man! I'll be in Houston next weekend, hopefully I have time and we can meet up, I'd like to finally be able to check out your car as well.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:20 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

A few more things that I have done to the car.

- Carsmo Stereo and A/C *****
- GTR push button thingie
- AMS Carbon Fiber Shift ****
- Zenclosures Sub Box
- 2 12" RE SE-X Subs
- Crossfire X51700D Amp
- Kicker 0 AWG Wire
- Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn Module
- Diode Dynamics Reverse and License Plate Lights

Last edited by DuuMaa; 05-15-2016 at 05:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DuuMaa:
Diode Dynamics (05-19-2016), twin_snails (05-17-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 10:08 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

When I put the HKS axleback on I also went ahead and got Uprev put on the car. Baselined at 281whp and after a few runs it made 287whp, not much but will be taking the uprev off. Ecutek will be on the car in the next couple week and tuned to be a flex fuel car so we can get some more data for our tuners.

twin_snails (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 03:48 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Great build so far. Can't wait to hear some exhaust clips.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:37 PM
Mkhlmnn

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by PhoQ
Exhaust
As of right now, the exhaust is mocked up on the car and Tomei is helping me out on this project with supplying me with the titanium piping
I'll be checking daily until I see a sound clip

I've always thought singles had a slighly more higher pitch JDM exotic sound and dual exhaust and even more so on x pipes and H pipes have a deeper lower growl.

Have you looked into getting the other side of the bumper exhaust outlet covered and blended into the bumper so it looks like the single exit was factory? Would look pretty awesome that way I think.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:57 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Great to see you today Kevin! Thanks for sharing the details of your G. Very clean and has to be one of my favorite LP sedans so far.

If you happen to come across any full headlights, let me know and I will be on them. Been wanting to do mine for a while.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:44 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by guy from norcal
Great build so far. Can't wait to hear some exhaust clips.
Piping just came in yesterday, waiting for a lift to clear up so I can finish this thing. Stay posted tonight!

Originally Posted by Mkhlmnn
I'll be checking daily until I see a sound clip

I've always thought singles had a slighly more higher pitch JDM exotic sound and dual exhaust and even more so on x pipes and H pipes have a deeper lower growl.

Have you looked into getting the other side of the bumper exhaust outlet covered and blended into the bumper so it looks like the single exit was factory? Would look pretty awesome that way I think.
I don't care much for the duals, unless it were a true dual. The single is more than enough for the power lever I will be at for now, until the motor comes out.

Originally Posted by twin_snails
Great to see you today Kevin! Thanks for sharing the details of your G. Very clean and has to be one of my favorite LP sedans so far.

If you happen to come across any full headlights, let me know and I will be on them. Been wanting to do mine for a while.
It was nice to see you agian. No problem, the build will come slowly and it'll be update here once parts start rolling in. Until then, my car is stock asides from what you see here.

I'll keep you posted, I found mine on the facebook group. Bought 4 lights for $200.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Mkhlmnn

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I don't care much for the duals, unless it were a true dual. The single is more than enough for the power lever I will be at for now, until the motor comes out.
I think you may have misread, I think the single can you are doing is unique and awesome, and I bet it will sound better than my true duals on my car. Our engines seem to have a higher pitch more skyline like with the single can. (Coupes) always sound better to me than the sedans too.

However what I was saying if you had a bodyshop fill in the exhaust outlet you're not using on the bumper so it only had a single exit would look awesome like this:

Obviously s2000 but same idea, custom single exit bumper on car with dual exhaust.
VQpoppa (05-19-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 01:01 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
A few more things that I have done to the car.

- Carsmo Stereo and A/C *****
- GTR push button thingie
- AMS Carbon Fiber Shift ****
- Zenclosures Sub Box
- 2 12" RE SE-X Subs
- Crossfire X51700D Amp
- Kicker 0 AWG Wire
- Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn Module
- Diode Dynamics Reverse and License Plate Lights

i dont know why i never got this enclosure when i was in USA. fack
Old 05-19-2016, 12:10 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mkhlmnn
I think you may have misread, I think the single can you are doing is unique and awesome, and I bet it will sound better than my true duals on my car. Our engines seem to have a higher pitch more skyline like with the single can. (Coupes) always sound better to me than the sedans too.

However what I was saying if you had a bodyshop fill in the exhaust outlet you're not using on the bumper so it only had a single exit would look awesome like this:

Obviously s2000 but same idea, custom single exit bumper on car with dual exhaust.
Totally misread that. LOL, but yeah. I like the sound of a single as well, plus it is a simpler look. Weight savings as well, getting the parts ready for the future so I don't have to buy things twice.

I see, I should be able to get a body shop to do this for me. Looks clean on the s2000!

Originally Posted by Djfarhan
i dont know why i never got this enclosure when i was in USA. fack
I was skeptical on this as there weren't many reviews on this box, but fitment is on point and I can't complain about it.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:25 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

Exhaust is finally on. Got it installed last night, finished around midnight. Sound clip of it starting up is on my instagram. Sounds a lot meaner and came out nice IMO. Onto some photos.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:39 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looks clean! havent seen single exhaust on a G37
Old 05-19-2016, 04:03 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Looking great and sounds awesome Kevin! Really digging that spoiler too...it makes me wish I'd gotten it on my when I bought it.

Quick Reply: DuuMaa's Build Thread