hit a curb in my 2012 g37 xs

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 01:13 PM
anthony816

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hit a curb in my 2012 g37 xs

1st time on. Last week i hit a curb in the ice while taking a corner, my wheels were strait when i hit and both my front and rear tires hit the curb. my car didnt look damaged but i could feel it a noise and it shook at high speeds so I ended up finding out when i took my car to get aligned that one of my wheels were bent and outside wheel had scratches. so i rotated my bent wheel from the front to the back this eliminated most of the shaking i was feeling at speeds around 60 mph and up, but i could still hear something like a grinding sound coming from my front driver side where i had the impact. to my untrained eye it didn't look like any crazy damage but there is, i was thinking maybe control arm, ball joint tie rod, im not sure. i hope its not anything crazy like a bent axle. has this happened to anyone or can anyone help me narrow this down? i also have my bent tire being repaired, i bought new wheels and tires for it but it sounded and felt worse than before so im giving them back and putting my stock wheels and tires back on when there ready next week.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Slideways88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would definitely drive with caution but you seem to have the right idea checking the suspension. Theres a few reasons as to why your experiencing the shaking your describing. My advice is to check it all for the sake of safety