Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Couple of Minor interior fixes questions, recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 07:24 PM
Джон
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Couple of Minor interior fixes questions, recommendations?

Hey so I have a G37S 2DR 2010.

The plastic Brushed metal door trim peaces are starting to flake off and look like crap.

Also at the interior door panel on the drivers side is damaged at the lower portion from me kicking it every time I get out because I can't fully open the door due to the very very small parking spots in south korea.

Can anybody recommend me an interior wrap that would closely resemble the stock look? I've tried to find online, the 3m products and nothing really seems how I like it, plus I read mixed reviews.

Also is there some way I can repair the area of damage to the interior door panel? Maybe like a patch of some sort, with the same texture as the panel?

I can't seem to find these materials and I don't even know what they would be called. Thank you!

I'll include photo's of the damage in a bit so that it might be more clear.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:40 PM
hurleyguys

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
the brushed metal part. are you talking about the door pull or the accent that runs along the upper portion of the door?

as for the damage to the door panel. i would just go to a junk yard and find one in decent shape. it would probably be easier and cheaper, then to try to repair the panel.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:16 AM
Джон
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I took the car today to a wrap shop, they quoted me 300$ to wrap the door and dash metal looking trim pieces. Does that seem like a fair price?
I am considering just wrapping them myself with the 3m brushed titanium on amazon.

I'm an aircraft mechanic so I'm already mechanically inclined. what do you guys think?