Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help How much for paint jobs? Vinyl wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 08:23 PM
mydreamcar_g37x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question How much for paint jobs? Vinyl wrap?

Anyone get their sedan (or coupe) painted? Fully?

So, I *know* the prices will vary greatly depending on paint type, job size, etc... but I really have no experience with paint, so I will ask anyways -

Guesstimation/Ballpark : How much money would it / did it cost to get a full, good paint job? Same color? / Different color?

Is it thousands of dollars?

I don't want to do it myself because I do not trust my ability whatsoever and I want it to look nice

What about full vehicle wraps? Will those be cheaper? Will they screw up your car if you leave them on too long? Can they go through a car wash?

Are these dumb questions?
Old 02-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Lucasmdemele
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Full

platinum package best of the best same color looking about 3k depending on your area more for color change color sand and buff painting door jambs under trunk under hood it can get very pricey
Old 02-11-2017, 06:28 PM
HowCurious

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump. I'm curious too
Old 02-11-2017, 07:22 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Vehicle wraps are a good option, I've heard they're good for about 5 years and can be tough to remove if left longer than that but that depends on how it's stored. If you leave it in full sun during work 5 days a week that could shorten that "safe" time frame.

Pricing varies greatly w/ wraps, places like So Cal where there's more competition you could probably get a full wrap for under $2k. There's also spray-dipping your entire car and this is gaining traction, it's basically plasti-dipping your car w/ plasti dip bought in bulk and the colors available are pretty impressive. They even have colors that change shade depending on the light, not really up on this but I think they can be done for about 1/2 of what a wrap costs, and a wrap is about 1/2 of what a full paint job costs. Here's a great build thread that shows what can be done w/ the plastidip car finishes, I think his pics of that start at about page 7 or 8.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...ld-thread.html