MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-and-tires-307/)
-   -   Good tire recommendations for 2023 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-and-tires/302547-good-tire-recommendations-for-2023-a.html)

Kd93 02-23-2023 12:41 PM

Good tire recommendations for 2023

What tires do you guys recommend? I'm in Michigan so I'll have to go with all season tires with good grip. Currently running Goodyear eagle rsa and they're pretty good but looking to upgrade.

iCrap 02-23-2023 01:18 PM

Conti DSW for some nice grippy all seasons, and they work in the snow too.

Kd93 02-23-2023 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by iCrap (Post 4320059)
Conti DSW for some nice grippy all seasons, and they work in the snow too.

Wow, those look good. When i searched them up they came as Dws06, is that correct?

iCrap 02-23-2023 02:16 PM

Oh yeah sorry DWS, i had that wrong. (Dry, wet, snow) Yes that is correct. Great tires.

Kd93 02-23-2023 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by iCrap (Post 4320062)
Oh yeah sorry DWS, i had that wrong. (Dry, wet, snow) Yes that is correct. Great tires.

ah ok, thanks a lot man, these will definitely be my next setup.

thescreensavers 02-23-2023 04:54 PM

+1 for Either DWS or Michelin Pilot All Season 4, which ever you can get cheaper.

I have the Michelins since I got a great deal on them(stock sizing) and for all seasons they have a surprising good level of grip in the dry.

Krzysztof47 02-23-2023 07:26 PM

Best tire I have ever used yet on my G is the Michelin CrossClimate 2's. Excellent ride quality and amazing traction. Its classified as an all weather tire. Probably makes winter tires irrelevant. You will not be disappointed! Just keep in mind they have a speed rating of H and they seem to decrease MPG by a small amount according to reviews.

Though tires are highly subjective. One will say a certain tire is amazing and another will say they are terrible. AWD on the G with the CC2's makes for an absolute beast in the snow, just crazy how good the traction is IMO.

I tried the Continental DWS 06+ and they were the worst tires I used on the G, they have a stupid high speed rating of W so they are extremely stiff and rode a like crap. An over-hyped tire IMO, just my 2 cents. My main problem with them was ride comfort, which some care about and others don't. I used the Michelin A/S 3+ when I had the stock brakes and they had good traction but also had a poor ride quality. When I went from 17 to 18 my ride quality actually improved with the H rated tires, so just some food for thought!

Kd93 02-23-2023 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by thescreensavers (Post 4320064)
+1 for Either DWS or Michelin Pilot All Season 4, which ever you can get cheaper.

I have the Michelins since I got a great deal on them(stock sizing) and for all seasons they have a surprising good level of grip in the dry.

Ya the Michelin pilots are a favorite to most. I never heard of the DWS till now, they seem amazing based off reviews.

Kd93 02-23-2023 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Krzysztof47 (Post 4320072)
Best tire I have ever used yet on my G is the Michelin CrossClimate 2's. Excellent ride quality and amazing traction. Its classified as an all weather tire. Probably makes winter tires irrelevant. You will not be disappointed! Just keep in mind they have a speed rating of H and they seem to decrease MPG by a small amount according to reviews.

Though tires are highly subjective. One will say a certain tire is amazing and another will say they are terrible. AWD on the G with the CC2's makes for an absolute beast in the snow, just crazy how good the traction is IMO.

I tried the Continental DWS 06+ and they were the worst tires I used on the G, they have a stupid high speed rating of W so they are extremely stiff and rode a like crap. An over-hyped tire IMO, just my 2 cents. My main problem with them was ride comfort, which some care about and others don't. I used the Michelin A/S 3+ when I had the stock brakes and they had good traction but also had a poor ride quality. When I went from 17 to 18 my ride quality actually improved with the H rated tires, so just some food for thought!

Oh wow, I'm surprised you didn't like the DWS since almost everyone has positive opinions on them, I personally never tried em so I cant state my opinion on them. I'm definitely going to check out the crossclimates as well since my G is awd as well, thank you.

Krzysztof47 02-23-2023 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kd93 (Post 4320075)
Oh wow, I'm surprised you didn't like the DWS since almost everyone has positive opinions on them, I personally never tried em so I cant state my opinion on them. I'm definitely going to check out the crossclimates as well since my G is awd as well, thank you.

Just my 2 cents, and like I said, peoples opinions on tires is very subjective. Some like a stiffer ride while others might like a softer ride, etc. I will say again the CrossClimate 2's are an incredible tire IMO, the ride quality and traction are exceptional. Some tires allow you to try them for 60 days and return them without issue I believe. Hope you find a set you like!

Yeah AWD with the CC2's is crazy, can tackle snow without issue. Lot of All season tires can handle light snow, whereas the CC2's are all weather (not all season) and are very good for slick conditions and heavy snow! I drove my G home from work when the highways weren't plowed and it just cut through the snow like nothing at an impressive speed.

thescreensavers 02-23-2023 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kd93 (Post 4320074)
Ya the Michelin pilots are a favorite to most. I never heard of the DWS till now, they seem amazing based off reviews.

I had DWS on my G35 great tires you will not be disappointed.

Here is a great review comparing these tires with some info

and here is a video comparing some of Michelin offerings