Wheels & Tires Reviews on wheels & tires for G vehicles.

Review Pirelli PZero All Season Plus- Initial Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 02:37 PM
cydrive
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Pirelli PZero All Season Plus- Initial Impressions

Had been considering the Pilot A/S 3+ but after getting some feedback from some members here on the ride quality, I decided to go with the Pirelli PZero All Season Plus. These are my initial impressions at 1k miles. Will update after I get some more miles on the car.

Initial Impressions: About 1k miles on tires, 30% city, rest is highway.

1. Tire is quiet. Very quiet. I had put on a set of Primacy MXV4's on my 06 G35x before I sold it and those tires were very quiet. This is a very close second- I have to try and hear the tires.

2. Ride comfort: this was my biggest concern since I had been considering either these, which are supposed to be the softer of the two or the Pilot Sports A/S 3+, which had reports of a “harsh ride”. From purely a ride comfort perspective, I'm glad I didnt get the A/S3+, the Pirellis are pretty firm as they are. They seem to soften impacts on rough roads but only up to a certain point, beyond which you get the full impact: hard hits feed into the chassis and you end up with squeaking plastic bits. I’m guessing this last bit is what is annoying for me since I’ve been buying Nissans for close to 20yrs now and I know what happens when those squeaks begin. The old Pilot A/S 3 is my bench mark for all of these and it used to take all of this a hell of a lot better. Again, just 1k on the tires, Im hoping as I get more miles on them and wear them in this will get better. On the highway or on roads that have slight imperfections they are as smooth as can be.

3. Dry grip:
In a word, awesome. Unplanned test…had to take a right on a county two lane road with a55mph limit. With my nose half way in the lane, I realized I had misjudged the speed of a RAV4 that was approaching from my left that she was moving a bit faster that I thought. Punched the gas almost half way down . Saw traction control blip for a second but car just took off with just loads of grip-felt like it was digging steel claws into the pavement.

4. Steering: Responsive albeit a little vague on feedback especially on the highway. Responds immediately to any steering movement, but if you’re just cruising along, it’s hard to tell what’s going on with the front tires.

Will update when I have put some more miles on the tires

Last edited by cydrive; 05-29-2019 at 08:04 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by cydrive:
KungFooFireman (07-03-2019), Rollo (06-28-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 10:58 PM
cydrive
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cydrive
Had been considering the Pilot A/S 3+ but after getting some feedback from some members here on the ride quality, I decided to go with the Pirelli PZero All Season Plus. These are my initial impressions at 1k miles. Will update after I get some more miles on the car.

Initial Impressions: About 1k miles on tires, 30% city, rest is highway.

1. Tire is quiet. Very quiet. I had put on a set of Primacy MXV4's on my 06 G35x before I sold it and those tires were very quiet. This is a very close second- I have to try and hear the tires.

2. Ride comfort: this was my biggest concern since I had been considering either these, which are supposed to be the softer of the two or the Pilot Sports A/S 3+, which had reports of a “harsh ride”. From purely a ride comfort perspective, I'm glad I didnt get the A/S3+, the Pirellis are pretty firm as they are. They seem to soften impacts on rough roads but only up to a certain point, beyond which you get the full impact: hard hits feed into the chassis and you end up with squeaking plastic bits. I’m guessing this last bit is what is annoying for me since I’ve been buying Nissans for close to 20yrs now and I know what happens when those squeaks begin. The old Pilot A/S 3 is my bench mark for all of these and it used to take all of this a hell of a lot better. Again, just 1k on the tires, Im hoping as I get more miles on them and wear them in this will get better. On the highway or on roads that have slight imperfections they are as smooth as can be.

3. Dry grip:
In a word, awesome. Unplanned test…had to take a right on a county two lane road with a55mph limit. With my nose half way in the lane, I realized I had misjudged the speed of a RAV4 that was approaching from my left that she was moving a bit faster that I thought. Punched the gas almost half way down . Saw traction control blip for a second but car just took off with just loads of grip-felt like it was digging steel claws into the pavement.

4. Steering: Responsive albeit a little vague on feedback especially on the highway. Responds immediately to any steering movement, but if you’re just cruising along, it’s hard to tell what’s going on with the front tires.

Will update when I have put some more miles on the tires
Small update:

Currentlyhave about 7500 on the tires. I havent really been pushing the car at all so just some small observations.

1. Noise comfort: Tire remains very quiet. Can hear the tires a little bit but by comparison the Pilot A/S 3's i use for a benchmark were just outright bellowing.

2. Ride comfort: my initial impressions remain the same here. On rough pavement or expansion joints they have just a little bit of give and then you get the full impact reverbarating through the car. Find myself really watching my speed in such areas which unfortunately is 90% of my daily commute. The old A/S 3's definitely get the crown here and by a long shot.

3. I havent noticed anything untoward on dry or wet grip but again, i havent been pushing it much.

I run winter tires so i wont be able to provide winter feedback but ill say that if youre in a similar situation and have decent roads, you'll be happy with them.

Will keep providing feedback here as i go.