Go Back  MyG37 > Reviews > Wheels & Tires
Reload this Page >

Review Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3+

Notices
Wheels & Tires Reviews on wheels & tires for G vehicles.

Review Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3+

Old 04-27-2019, 11:02 AM
Rollo

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3+

So for my yearly tire replacement this time I decided to try the Michelin AS/3+ because I was able to get Discount Tire to honor the mileage warranty on the Bridgestone 980AS, which made my cost for the Michelins around 600 dollars. See my review of the Bridgestone tires for details about them.

I run a square set up on my coupe so that I an rotate them. 245/40-19

I've had the Michelins on for a couple thousand miles now and their performance is excellent in all ways. I would rate them at slightly better than the 980 in cornering and turn-in feel, equal in wet traction while new, and better at hydroplane resistance while new. These are definitely the best tires I have had on this car while they are new.

They are virtually silent and the ride is very similar to the bridgestones, which is to say excellent. I live in an area with mostly great roads so I can't speak to the ride quality for those of you who have to drive in the northeast.

Cornering is awesome. I do quite a bit of spirited driving and these feel rock solid in hard turns and the limits of adhesion in dry are above any safe speed on the street. The car feels just a little more eager to turn, almost as if the car is leaning into the turn. I have these same tires on my son's old BMW 328i coupe and that feeling is even more pronounced.

I have had a couple of brief opportunities to drive in heavy rain and the hydroplane resistance when new is very good. It feels on par with the DWS06 when it was new, slightly better than the 980AS.

The traction in wet is similar to the 980AS which was amazing. I will be doubly amazed if it is as good when worn but while new it is excellent--I don't have to work hard at all not to spin the rear tires on wet pavement and traction limits in curves are very high and you can feel when you are getting close to breaking loose.

I will update this review again when the tires have some real miles on them.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rollo:
cydrive (04-29-2019), slartibartfast (04-27-2019)