Wheels & Tires Reviews on wheels & tires for G vehicles.

BF Goodrich GForce Comp 2 A/S Review

Old 01-02-2019, 01:18 AM
ARogers502
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I came to post my own review of these tires but saw this one. I'd like to add another positive experience to this thread, for future readers. When I had my AWD Volvo S60R they were one of the most recommended tires on the Swedespeed forum (18" rims). I purchased them, to replace whatever crappy tire the previous owner put on there. They weren't in terrible shape but for the miles that I saw on the receipt, they were going bad fast. There was an immediate shift in how well the car handled corners. The car tracked nice and straight, no noticeable road noise, they had two years of driving on them and still looked great, handled great on wet streets, carved through corners with a lot of confidence and best of all, they got me through a lot of snow during two winters. I was sold on them.

Now I have an AWD G37XS sedan. I purchased some 20" rims and got these same tires again 245/35/20 size. Same experience. No noticeable road noise, they grip great in the corners. For an all season tire, these things handle sporty. I'll likely never purchase a different tire for a passenger car if I can help it. Not unless it's a BF Goodrich G Force TA KDW, just because I have a lot of money to blow on a gorgeous chunk of rubber haha.

Last edited by ARogers502; 01-02-2019 at 01:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rollo (03-12-2019)
Old 05-25-2022, 03:22 PM
IrishManiac-_0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGrizzDipper
Figured I'd post a review of the tire as I'm happy with them after 500 miles. Bought a set to replace the old Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2's that were on there. The hankooks cost a bit less, not much, but for the money are a good tire. Didn't even get to 30k on those though, and once I hit 20k they lost most advantages they had over an inferior tire. The pros on that were the ride quality and softness, the cons were the cornering and bounciness feel (which does make for a softer/easier ride).

Regarding the GForces, I can sum most of it up with aggressive feel, cornering, and overall stability. Beefy summer performance tire feel comes to mind. Car feels planted to the ground and tires feel firm. Feels like I have wider tires on the car than I used to if that makes any sense, and most noticeable in the turns where I'm going higher speed (car doesn't roll at ALL with these). Not as smooth on the highway but that is negligible/marginal.

At first the tires were slick on asphalt, like first drive with them pulling out of the lot, but then after a mile or so the tread broke in and they've been sticky ever since. Maybe firmer/harder rubber compound would need a bit more time to break in? Also the tire has an aggressive look which I feel is a positive.

Anyone else ride these?
I am currently running these on my car, i have them on my 17" rims and i love these wheels they are super nice, not much else to say about them this guy left an amazing review

Search this Thread