Replacing H&R Trak+ Wheel Spacer Stud

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 12:19 AM
simsrd
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Replacing H&R Trak+ Wheel Spacer Stud

Ok here is the story.... Took my G in yesterday to check for bent wheel after hitting a pothole and sure enough the wheel was bent. The mechanic ended up sealing the tire to reduce the deflation of the tire to get me home.. While putting the wheel back on he stripped the stud on the H&R Trak+ wheel spacer (Spacer that comes with studs installed). My question is can the stud be removed from the spacer to replace with a new one? Any help will be helpful...
Old 01-10-2014, 12:27 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 748 Likes on 356 Posts
I'm shooting from the hip here, but since no one else has ventured an answer, I will take a crack at it.

As you can see here:

H&R Trak+ DRS Wheel Spacers HRDRSSPCR | STILLEN

It looks like the spacer is separate from the actual studs. You can *probably* get it out with a hydraulic press (right way), or knock it out with a hammer (not quite the right way).

The problem from there is, where will you find an extra stud? You might be better off buying a new single spacer.

Sorry about your wheel, at least you caught it.

Cheers
Old 01-10-2014, 12:37 AM
simsrd
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the quick response GoFight.. I was thinking that after I get the stud out of the spacer then I can determine if I can buy one from a local autozone or online. Luckily I still had my factory wheels to put on until I work out the wheel issue and now my spacer issue. I'm going to attempt to remove the stud this weekend and then I'll see if I need to buy a single.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:41 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 748 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by simsrd
Thanks for the quick response GoFight.. I was thinking that after I get the stud out of the spacer then I can determine if I can buy one from a local autozone or online. Luckily I still had my factory wheels to put on until I work out the wheel issue and now my spacer issue. I'm going to attempt to remove the stud this weekend and then I'll see if I need to buy a single.

Try this:

Lug Nuts - Wheel Studs - Wheel Spacers - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

Take the stud to a hardware store to determine size, diameter, and pitch for the threads, then buy the correct stud online.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:25 PM
rmfnla

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Studs are breakable items so they are replaceable. A press is nice but you should be able to pop it out with a heavy hammer and a punch.

I have found NAPA auto parts to have a good selection of stuff like that.