MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-and-tires-307/)
-   -   Review vossen vvs-086's (https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-and-tires/210278-vossen-vvs-086s.html)

yogregb 07-07-2010 09:08 PM

vossen vvs-086's

Hey guys, had these on for about 3 months, so I feel I can give an informed review at this time. First off, I 'll say this is a great looking wheel that looks good on alot of cars and you will get compliments. Beyond that it gets pretty negative. I don't know if it's the design or I have a defective set, but these wheels retain and trap water between the stainless lip and barrel, so much so, that after 6 days driving to work ( from last wash) I can tap on the lip of the wheel with my knuckles and still see water spit out onto the face! It seems to me that the lip is not properly sealed to the rest of the wheel. I have brought this matter to the attention of Jav at vossen and he has not acted on my behalf yet, after several Pm's , emails and phone calls. Last I heard there were going to test a set of 086's But like I said I'm having trouble getting a response to my problem. Let me be clear, I am not bashing this line of wheels as alot of you have lip design vossen wheels, and I have not heard anyone else with this particular problem all though this IS a new design. I am hoping that these wheels especially the rears can be repaired ,ie ,sealed or a warranty replacements issued. OK, as to the rest of the review, I have one of the center vossen caps peeling it's clear coating, still awaiting a replacement... AS far as offsets, potential buyers should be aware the fronts were stamped +38 and the rears +39. I'm running 245/35 and 275/30 with a mild drop and some negative camber. I had to use a 15mm spacer on the front to make it flush. If I keep this set, I'm going to replace my 275's and run 285's out back to be alot more flush, think it will be perfect then... I feel obligated to share this my auto enthusiast brothers that may be contemplating this particular wheel model. Anybody else with 086's please pm your experience with this model... thanks for reading..

Attachment 84368

soolman32 07-07-2010 10:38 PM

Sucks to hear you're having issues. Water being trapped isn't uncommon after a wash but not for that long in my experience. My XIX X17 also retain some water after a wash but whatever I can't wipe off gets flicked off or evaporate once I get driving. Frankly, aside from the Vossen cap peeling off prematurely, I don't think you were sold a bad quality wheel. Nonetheless, I hope Vossen addresses your concerns and you guys can find a resolution.

yogregb 07-07-2010 11:09 PM

Thanks for your concern, I forgot to mention that I blow off all the water after washes with my compressor but the water is still in there :dunno:

Jav@Vossen 07-07-2010 11:36 PM

Well I talked to you about a week ago and I told you I would test one of the wheels. I had asked you to call me back the next day but I never heard back from you. Well we tested one of the rear 086 wheels and did not have any issues with the water going inside the lip.

Please call me at the office anytime and let me know what you would like to do. I would be happy to get you 2 new rear wheels or a complete different set.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Jav

yogregb 07-08-2010 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jav@Vossen (Post 2934051)
Well I talked to you about a week ago and I told you I would test one of the wheels. I had asked you to call me back the next day but I never heard back from you. Well we tested one of the rear 086 wheels and did not have any issues with the water going inside the lip.

Please call me at the office anytime and let me know what you would like to do. I would be happy to get you 2 new rear wheels or a complete different set.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Jav

Jav, respectfully, I did call you the next day but your phone was off or something, could not leave a message, and remember I gave you my Cell # per your request and did not get a call. I will try that number again tomorrow thanks...

VossenG37S 07-08-2010 02:10 AM

^ that's good news ^ so Jav seems to want to help so just call him up and get this resolved, I hope it works out for you. I never had a problem like this usually I would just wipe off water or it just evaporates, anyway GL keep us posted.

yogregb 07-08-2010 10:49 PM

Update!

All right, here's an update... Talked to 3 different vossen reps today, Jav and Kevin in Florida and Steve the west coast rep. I'm feeling more positive as all 3 seem ready to correct the problem. Steve is coming by my work tomorrow ( turns out he's very close by) to check out my wheels. At this point I'm leaning to wards the fact that only my particular set of rear wheels has a improperly sealed lips. In other words, I think this maybe an isolated case. I'm being told the rear offset is +45 all though I could swear I saw +39 stamped somewhere, guess I'll find out when the wheels come off. So I'm looking to install a spacer in the rear as well, probably a 10mm, I'll ck with Steve tomorrow. I have video of the water coming out of the wheel but it might take me awhile to figure out how to upload it.. anyways, here are some more pics of my ride

Attachment 84380

Attachment 84381

Attachment 84382

Attachment 84383

Attachment 84384

symple84 07-08-2010 11:21 PM

I just got these and so far I am in love with them....no issues what so ever and hopefully your case is an isolated one. Jav is a stand up guy so I am sure your issue will be resolved.

yogregb 07-09-2010 11:32 PM

Getting 2 new rear wheels next week, Steve the vossen west coast rep came by today to look at them, took him five seconds to determine they are defective. Also found out that one of my rear hankooks has a blem and is most likely a second.. so have to see if Lou at amplified will get it replaced for me, I bought them from him.... :icon27:

soolman32 07-09-2010 11:40 PM

Hey glad to hear Vossen came through for you. When did you get the fog lights installed?

yogregb 07-11-2010 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by soolman32 (Post 2935097)
Hey glad to hear Vossen came through for you. When did you get the fog lights installed?

Man, where you been.. check this out..:coolio:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...t-started.html

Update Got a call today, wheels are on a 5 week back order! :banghead:

JoshLee89 07-16-2010 12:41 PM

I greatly respect jav and other members of vossens. They never let customer down even after they already sell their wheels to us. They really know how to take care of customers which ll take vossen higher quaility brand name. Vossen is so reliable and they know how to run real business lol

LightsOut 07-16-2010 02:20 PM

I wouldn't complain about the offsets, since the offset you choose are considered a weak offset anyway.

If I were you, I would of have went with the +20 +25 offset instead.

VossenG37S 07-16-2010 02:41 PM

Yeah switch it up and go aggressive, do these wheels a favor and go 20/25:)

yogregb 07-18-2010 12:14 AM

Well with my spacers I'm at +23 on the front and will be +30 on the back. It will be flush and I still have decent rubber on for a decent ride...