MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-and-tires-307/)
-   -   tpms install (https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-and-tires/203653-tpms-install.html)

fakhoury07 01-19-2010 08:04 PM

tpms install

if i get new tpms does it automatically connect with my computer or do i have to get it reprogramed..

Thanks

BocaIvan 01-20-2010 07:56 AM

I'm pretty sure they will need to be reprogramed

Reiki_Rocket 01-20-2010 10:12 PM

You'll need to take it to the dealer and have it "registered" to the computer.

beerme986 01-20-2010 10:15 PM

i believe if you get OEM tpms, then it will sync automatically.

Reiki_Rocket 01-21-2010 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by beerme986 (Post 2847852)
i believe if you get OEM tpms, then it will sync automatically.

Nope. I just went through this when I put my winter wheel set on the car. They've got oem sensors and both the tire place and the dealer confirmed that sensors have to be registered to the computer every time they are swapped/replaced.

Apparently the computer can only see one set of sensors at a time though, which sucks since every time I switch between wheel sets I have to take it into the dealer to have the sensors re-registered.

Neal@tirerack 01-26-2010 06:42 PM

Every time a sensor is introduced (oem to second set, second set to oem, etc) they need to be registered at the dealer or with our Quickset tool.

beerme986 01-26-2010 09:15 PM

maybe im not reading this right but ..if we use the OEM sensors that came with the car, move them to new wheels, do we have to get them reprogrammed?

Lucky_One 01-26-2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by beerme986 (Post 2851428)
maybe im not reading this right but ..if we use the OEM sensors that came with the car, move them to new wheels, do we have to get them reprogrammed?

I think you should be ok in that situation. but i think each sensor is corner specific.

Apparently the computer can only see one set of sensors at a time though, which sucks since every time I switch between wheel sets I have to take it into the dealer to have the sensors re-registered.
yes sir. I believe most people have one set of tpms on their summer wheels, and when time comes to change to winter wheels, they dont switch the sensors and just deal with the light on the dash. This way you save money on reregistration on the sensors

Gunit37 01-29-2010 05:14 PM

I got a question...If I swap my (A) wheels to (B) wheels without programming the (B) sensors, would my (A) wheels sensors still work if I decide to switch back?

Blackjack 01-29-2010 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack (Post 2851330)
Every time a sensor is introduced (oem to second set, second set to oem, etc) they need to be registered at the dealer or with our Quickset tool.

Can you post some information on this Quickset tool, Neal?

Neal@tirerack 01-29-2010 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Blackjack (Post 2853033)
Can you post some information on this Quickset tool, Neal?

What questions on it do you have?

Originally Posted by Gunit37 (Post 2853029)
I got a question...If I swap my (A) wheels to (B) wheels without programming the (B) sensors, would my (A) wheels sensors still work if I decide to switch back?

No. You have to reset the B sensors so they are recognized while using them, then have to rest to the A sensors once you put them on. Every time you reset a new set to the car its wipes out the previous set. Only a few cars, like the IS350 I had, have an A/B sensor button on the dash so you program once and switch between the two sets.

Gunit37 01-29-2010 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack (Post 2853036)
What questions on it do you have?

No. You have to reset the B sensors so they are recognized while using them, then have to rest to the A sensors once you put them on. Every time you reset a new set to the car its wipes out the previous set. Only a few cars, like the IS350 I had, have an A/B sensor button on the dash so you program once and switch between the two sets.

What if I drive with B wheels without getting the sensors programed, lets say two days later, I put my A wheels back, would A sensors work?

beerme986 01-29-2010 11:43 PM

+1 on more info about quickset tool. but I found the following link for infoin the meantime: ATEQ TPMS Quickset Tool

seems like a worthwhile investment for those with winter and summer wheels.

Neal@tirerack 02-01-2010 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gunit37 (Post 2853044)
What if I drive with B wheels without getting the sensors programed, lets say two days later, I put my A wheels back, would A sensors work?

Yes as sensors B were never programmed in, thus not overwriting sensor set A.

Originally Posted by beerme986 (Post 2853177)
ATEQ TPMS Quickset Tool
seems like a worthwhile investment for those with winter and summer wheels.

Pretty much sums it up

rlb 02-17-2010 02:51 AM

Neal,
The Tire Rack website says that 2010 G37's cannot use the ATEQ Quickset tool. They have to go to the dealer to be reprogrammed. Is this correct?