Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Whats up with GTM?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 11:13 PM
AZNnite

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whats up with GTM?!

Man.....three weeks ago I sent my valvebody in to get it reworked and was quoted 2-3 days for time of completion....If all went as planned, Id be giving a review on how well it went. Instead its been almost a month and Sam does not return calls or emails unless you call and happen to reach him. Kept saying it would be done by Monday, then Thus, then early next week etc....I was so close on purchasing either a Twin SC or Twin Turbo kit from him but glad I didnt.

Am I the only one hes jerking around? Or are there others experiencing this nonsense.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:44 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
sorry to hear about your troubles, you have unfortunately picked the wrong company to deal with. you should have done a little more research about them
if you have a lot of time i suggest you go through the below thread
GTM MHI Kit Group Buy Participants... - Page 19 - Nissan 370Z Forum
lot of people are waiting on parts from gtm. anyone who still does business with them better look for other alternatives.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:52 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Should of done your homework on GTM ...
The following users liked this post:
Elperuano (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 03:24 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
When I did my Valvebody with GTM I called before hand, paid up front, called every hour of every day pretty much after as well. Then paid more money because when my VB arrived they said it didn't look like it was in good shape so they wouldn't work with it and made me buy a new one.

On top of all of that... I got back the new one in amazing packaging.. which was quite impressive, but I never received my old one back.... EVER. I asked to be sure I get my old one back several times... that was almost a year ago.. Emails have gone out and calls have been done.. They keep telling me they will send it back to me, but I have yet to receive it... Actually reminds me I should email and call some more wondering where the hell it is.

SAM, or someone in GTM... Give me back my old VB please!

Just a quick side note: STILLEN... When I sent in my supercharger for warranty, they had to give me a new Supercharger because the old one was not going to be fixable.. They not only sent the new one super quick, but I asked for the broken one back too, and they sent it in the same package for free... Now that's Service!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:28 AM
JerseyG37s

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
LMAO GTM i love it they are absolutely terrible... IMHO one of the worst companies i have ever delt with... but thats only my one opinion...
Old 03-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Presto

i got out of their cheapo TT kit GB when i noticed everything going wrong, thank God.
Id rather be NA than go TT with some company with 0 customer service, fake promises, cheap Chinese parts.
The following users liked this post:
JerseyG37s (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 04:25 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
So sad to see a company like GTM lead the field, then rack up bad press like this. They obviously need to shell out for a business manager, let Sam concentrate on the prodcuts, and get their shait together.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by AZNnite
Man.....three weeks ago I sent my valvebody in to get it reworked and was quoted 2-3 days for time of completion....If all went as planned, Id be giving a review on how well it went. Instead its been almost a month and Sam does not return calls or emails unless you call and happen to reach him. Kept saying it would be done by Monday, then Thus, then early next week etc....I was so close on purchasing either a Twin SC or Twin Turbo kit from him but glad I didnt.

Am I the only one hes jerking around? Or are there others experiencing this nonsense.
AZNnite, we are in the exact same boat. I sent a valvebody and torque converter in for inhouse upgrades. They've had my components for over a month now and continue to push the delivery another "day or two" or say to "check back next week".

It has been five weeks now!!! When are we going to get our transmission components back. It pains me to see such terrible customer service and continued false promises. It always seems like a new story. I do not know what to do anymore, I wish I knew the truth of the matter beforehand. I am SOL out of TX2K and a couple of other events. I just want my car back together with the parts I have paid for!

Does anyone have any good recommendations for AZNnite and myself? Thanks!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:22 PM
AZNnite

Whoa! Guess I wasnt the only guy....

Im sorry that there are many problems other fellow members are experiencing with the same vender.
I just called my credit card company today and filed a dispute for refund. Looks like Im in the hole again having to buy another valvebody from Infiniti as I cannot wait any longer.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:19 AM
Presto

Originally Posted by Lt8Che

Does anyone have any good recommendations for AZNnite and myself? Thanks!
Fast intentions and boosted performance for TT kits.
i think FI is even working on some AT upgrades as well, so no more relying on gtm for valvebody etc.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:46 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by AZNnite
Whoa! Guess I wasnt the only guy....

Im sorry that there are many problems other fellow members are experiencing with the same vender.
I just called my credit card company today and filed a dispute for refund. Looks like Im in the hole again having to buy another valvebody from Infiniti as I cannot wait any longer.
Looks like your in the same boat I was...
Old 03-13-2014, 10:51 AM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 232 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by MyocyteX
So sad to see a company like GTM lead the field, then rack up bad press like this. They obviously need to shell out for a business manager, let Sam concentrate on the prodcuts, and get their shait together.
Exactly. This is why so many small businesses fail.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Haha be patient, not to scare you, but I got my AWD TT kit 2+ years later of full payment... Was super concerned/scared etc etc... but meh, got it 2 years later and everything's fine. Good kit btw!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:56 PM
4rnr

Originally Posted by Legz
Haha be patient, not to scare you, but I got my AWD TT kit 2+ years later of full payment... Was super concerned/scared etc etc... but meh, got it 2 years later and everything's fine. Good kit btw!
2 years later ? after you made "full payment" I wouldn't have waited that long, they would have already been sued.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:38 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Nothing but horror stories I have read about them.
I was I'm the FI boat also and almost went GTM but all he thing I was reading
Pushed me away went with Stillen had a small hiccup service after that was perfect
Warranty SC was good but my install failed . Just gla I didn't wait 2 years for delivery
BTW Your nuts for waiting that long with a company with this rep. They could have closed
Down and taken your $$

Quick Reply: Whats up with GTM?!