Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Whats up with GTM?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 11:57 PM
mezzo
Green Eyes!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
So,

i got my car back today. I have issues with the valvebody upgrade though at this time. Shifting is now worse. Every gear, no matter how much im on the throttle, and in either mode, i feel the car lurch forward a bit. Shifting is jerky in every gear. To say the least im not happy. Its not as pronounced as i lay into the pedal and shift gears faster but its still definitely there.

Im not sure if having 3.7 gears in my car has anything to do with the issue combined with the changes made in the TQ table of uprev... Possibly because of the quicker gear ratio the TQ table needs to be tweaked from what GTM specifies??? Just wondering..

Taking her back into the shop Friday to take the tech on the road with me and do some datalogging as well. Were thinking the TQ tables need to be tweaked a bit. Hopefully this is all this issue is just software and not anything actually wrong physically with the valvebody. or anything else for that matter. Going to call Sam tomorrow as well and see he what he thinks.

Post back soon. Nice to have my ride back!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:01 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
I can understand your frustration.
Seems like they are trying to get to straight.
Not making excuses, just don't get them.
They make top quality products, yet the final job always seems to have a not happy customer.
Thought GTM was the hands down place for g/z/gtr etc.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by mezzo
So,

i got my car back today. I have issues with the valvebody upgrade though at this time. Shifting is now worse. Every gear, no matter how much im on the throttle, and in either mode, i feel the car lurch forward a bit. Shifting is jerky in every gear. To say the least im not happy. Its not as pronounced as i lay into the pedal and shift gears faster but its still definitely there.

Im not sure if having 3.7 gears in my car has anything to do with the issue combined with the changes made in the TQ table of uprev... Possibly because of the quicker gear ratio the TQ table needs to be tweaked from what GTM specifies??? Just wondering..

Taking her back into the shop Friday to take the tech on the road with me and do some datalogging as well. Were thinking the TQ tables need to be tweaked a bit. Hopefully this is all this issue is just software and not anything actually wrong physically with the valvebody. or anything else for that matter. Going to call Sam tomorrow as well and see he what he thinks.

Post back soon. Nice to have my ride back!
That sucks. I dropped off my Level 10 Valvebody and Torque Converter yesterday. They should be able to tune it on the dyno appropriately. They had some of the GTM parts as well that finally arrived, but I told them not to use them.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
I can understand your frustration.
Seems like they are trying to get to straight.
Not making excuses, just don't get them.
They make top quality products, yet the final job always seems to have a not happy customer.
Thought GTM was the hands down place for g/z/gtr etc.
GTM used to be something good. A leader in the FI and aftermarket performance market for VQs.

What happened? Who knows and at this point who cares? They should be blasted as a POS company on the forums so others do not have to go through the same horrible experience.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I know nothing about GTM other than for a long time I heard good things.

I do however, understand business.

What most likely happened. Through their old and good reputation had a lot of customers, got overwhelmed, due to greediness, never told customers they were overwhelmed, never outsourced (which could be a good thing) and never hired extra employees.

They then had to start rushing through projects and it was a never ending cycle. Rush through projects to get them done, mess them up, have them come back to have them fixed, then get more overwhelmed with new orders and return orders and the cycle continues.

It has happened before and completely destroyed good small business's, some make a come back some don't.

This is strictly opinion, it may not be anything close to what happened, you may not agree with it, I'm not going to defend it, there is a very good chance I'm 100% wrong, just a thought.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:42 PM
mezzo
Green Eyes!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Lt8Che
That sucks. I dropped off my Level 10 Valvebody and Torque Converter yesterday. They should be able to tune it on the dyno appropriately. They had some of the GTM parts as well that finally arrived, but I told them not to use them.
Let me know how it works out. I'm heading into tomorrow 9am to drive around with my tuner. Tweak things.

I take back what i said about it being worse. Thinking about it, the lag between shifts is substantially better. Basically gone. But my concern is the way the car is shifting. Its not smooth. So hopefully tweaking the TQ tables further with my tuner will resolve this issue. Or maybe this is how its suppose to be? Anyway. know more tomorrow!

UPDATE: So just got off the phone with Sam. What i described to him is what i am suppose to be experiencing. The shifting is more aggressive and harder because of the valvebody upgrade and the added line pressure. This will result in what i described to you guys. Like i said the lag is next to gone which is a huge improvement. I asked Sam if tweaking the TQ tables further to smooth out the shifting was doable. He advised me not to as it may affect the condition of the transmission.

So im not sure now if i want to even mess with the TQ table at all.

Last edited by mezzo; 04-17-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Last of the parts from GTM finally arrived. Will post FS items soon!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Valvebody and Torque Converter both for sale, direct modified parts. No wait.