Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Dynotronics, Stay away ,

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:40 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Thumbs down Dynotronics, Stay away ,

Hi guys,

So I'm not sure how many of you cross over to the Z forum but as some of you guys know over here I was trying or at least of thinking of getting a tune with ECUtek and wanted to post a dyno sheet to compare to my UPREV tune. Well! I decided to go with Joe and Dynotronics( In Oct). I since was unable to get him do a tune because we was unreachable most of the time on top of telling me he can not work on a Friday night( was the first day I tried to have my ECU read), Took me over two weeks just to get him to do a ROM dump then he disappeared for another 10 days and I had to have another tuner tell me my ECU was ready? I finally said forget it and asked for a refund, Sent his equipment back and am still waiting 3 weeks later for my $660 back. Just FYI is you guys are thinking of using him for a tune, IMO If you want to go ECUtek I would go with RT or Viscotti or Stay with UPREV and Alex and Motion Lab. Also since there is NO proff that ECUtek is any better than UPREV at this point..
Please see the below or Jump over the the"Group Buy " Thread Dynotronics started where my post are about me not receiving my $$ back.

OK

been really trying to not air this but too much is too much..
So we all know I was looking for a ECUteck dyno to compare to the UPREV tune Ihad. So I reached out to a few guys and Dynoytonics was one of course. Idecided to go this route and was contacted by email and I paid right away( Thatwas OCt 22) What’s the date again? It took only a few days to get to me, An Iset it up on my laptop and hooked up the car, ECU not found. I sent Joe a textand email nothing for a few days, So I called him on a Friday night when I gothome. I tell him that the ECU is found and he tells me I can not call on aFriday night and expect him to fix anything??? Really it was like 645pm my timeso like 545pm his. An he is at the track all that weekend so would have to benext week. So like a week later I finally get him to log on remotely and do aECU dump and he tells me it will take like 2 day at the most.. 10 days later noword from him at all!! I finally call him and get him on the phone and tell himI will no longer be using this software and would like a refund, He tells methat's cool would rather you be happy ?
Ok thought that was nice since I just wasted over a month on my time justtrying to get this set up. Its been 2 weeks since they received all theequipment back and I Still have NO refund, I have talked to him three times nowand say "OH its the payment site we use", Well that's BS cause I justcalled them an they said they was NEVER a refund issued. So here it 10+dayslater and they are just keeping my money, When I talked to him today he pushedit off to his accounting person and gave me an excuse he was out of theoffice.. He may have been, but I do want my cash back the $660 I sent from mydebit card. BTW I was told again last week I would receive my refund VIA PayPal by the end of the Day Thursday Dec 17 th? Even tho I didn't use PayPal? I used their recommended Intuit?

His reply :
The issue with Mikes refundis pretty simple, now that we figured out what the problem was; we could notget Paypal to give him a refund, problem was that Mike did not pay with Paypal,he used our Intuit link on the invoices that we sent out.

Mike, I'm sorry for the delay, but it was one of those Duh moments when wefinally got a return call from Paypal after yelling at them about the wholething.

Long story short; refund sent, should be back in your account/credit cardshortly. Sorry about that Mike, but since the Group Buy was a paypal link deal,I and the bookeeper kept trying to figure out why they were not giving you arefund.

And, as far as Mikes file being delayed in the first place; some calibrationsARE unknown when we first get them, and we promptly send them off to EcuTek todefine them, and include them in the software. Mikes car was one of those, andfor some reason it took longer than normal. Which is why we told Mike we had noproblem with a full refund. If nothing else, we do our level best at customerservice..

<o></o>
Old 12-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
Thats too long to get a return on anything. are you still going to try ECUtek from a different tuner or are you going to stay away. This is one reason why I cant find a good tuner here in NY. Some people always have horror stories and with my luck it will probably happen to me
Old 12-26-2013, 09:16 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
I've not found one single tuner in S. Florida that can be contacted or that has a dyno, etc. They all claim to be great tuners working on "exotic" cars..... But they can't be reached or they don't have the right equipment / software for the G & Z..... It's frustrating. I'm sorry about your luck with a hack. That's bad business anywhere you're from.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:39 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

First thanx for moving this , So sorry you had to move it.
I didn't put this here cause he is not a vendor here, But over on The Z forum.
An no I'm staying away from ECUtek all together, I went back to UPREV and going through Alex @ Motion Lab.

Warped I would try Motion Lab too, There are in NC. I'm doing Etunes with him, and Sunny go to RT or Real Dynamics. I know those guys are good. I didn't want to drive to a tuner, An the reason I didn't do Etunes with them , Is Alex has kinda earned a shot with me he was been helping me along the way for the last year of and on with some other things when I had my SC. Very cool guy, They even sent me a Xmas card!

Customer service is A+
The following users liked this post:
Sunny G (12-26-2013)
Old 12-26-2013, 09:43 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Thx. I'll look into motion labs.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
First thanx for moving this , So sorry you had to move it.
I didn't put this here cause he is not a vendor here, But over on The Z forum.
An no I'm staying away from ECUtek all together, I went back to UPREV and going through Alex @ Motion Lab.

Warped I would try Motion Lab too, There are in NC. I'm doing Etunes with him, and Sunny go to RT or Real Dynamics. I know those guys are good. I didn't want to drive to a tuner, An the reason I didn't do Etunes with them , Is Alex has kinda earned a shot with me he was been helping me along the way for the last year of and on with some other things when I had my SC. Very cool guy, They even sent me a Xmas card!

Customer service is A+
No problem. Any vendor reviews whether praise or criticism go here for any vendor you use and want to give a shout out or a relate bad experience. They don't necessarily have to be vendors on our forum.

And thanks for sharing your experience with all of us.
ANMVQ (12-26-2013)
Old 12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
No problem. Any vendor reviews whether praise or criticism go here for any vendor you use and want to give a shout out or a relate bad experience. They don't necessarily have to be vendors on our forum.

And thanks for sharing your experience with all of us.
Ah ok thanx Betty, Sure thing just don't want someone else to losw their $$$. I know of one other on the Z forum who is having the same experience with him also , But they didn't and still haven't said anything publicly. I at this point could care less. LOL
Sunny G (12-26-2013)
Old 12-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Thanks and would it be possible to give me their website and who to talk to specificaly?. I dont mind driving far but not too far.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:53 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Sunny G
Thanks and would it be possible to give me their website and who to talk to specificaly?. I dont mind driving far but not too far.
Vince is at RT and Alex is the guy at real auto dynamics. They both vendors on here and the Z forum. RT tunning and Real auto Dynamics.
Sunny G (12-26-2013)
Old 12-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Again thank you. I'll post up results when I am done
Old 01-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Visconti

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Really stinks you had all these problems.

Good luck with your new car!