Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Diode Dynamics- lack of support :( - RESOLVED - I jumped the gun

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Gurp925
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diode Dynamics- lack of support :( - RESOLVED - I jumped the gun

Hey guys!,

First of let me say that they have great products, and fast shipping and so forth that is not the problem, but with my situation i placed an order and and forgotten one bulb, so i contacted them saying would you just be able to charge me for the one bulb and send it with the same package. I went to bed because it was late to wake up to being double charged full amounts for the both orders. I then contacted them saying what happened and Paul from the support team tells me no problem you should see the charge reflected on your card within two days, two days turns into a week and on. So i call them back and ask whats going on and i am told that the payment was void and they never received it in the first place, I mean it could just be a misunderstanding on there part but I should not have to to all this trouble for something that is not my fault. Long story short I'm just waiting on Paul to get back from investigating.

That is my rant..
Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Rikter

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Have you contacted your credit card company to verify that only 1 or 2 charges was made to your credit card to validify the statement that only one charge was done? Financial statements could be behind on reflecting the true nature of the charges rather than the real time confirmation by someone at your credit card company.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Gurp925
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rikter
Have you contacted your credit card company to verify that only 1 or 2 charges was made to your credit card to validify the statement that only one charge was done? Financial statements could be behind on reflecting the true nature of the charges rather than the real time confirmation by someone at your credit card company.
Hey, I called them before i called diode, and they have not received any funds, as well they confirmed the payment leaving my account. They offered me an investigation into the matter which can take up to 30 days, which i agreed to.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Gurp925
Registered Member

Paul from Diode has resolved the issue for now, i will wait another week and see what happens.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:50 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Sorry to hear about the lack of support you claim to have received by DD. I had a couple of small issues arise after receiving my order from them and they promptly handled the situation and took real good care of me. The guys over there DD are great and I didn't even have to get Paul involved. Good Luck and I hope he remedies this problem ASAP for you.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:25 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Go with V-LED's .... never had any issues with any LED's I have ordered from them. That's about $750 worth of LED's for 5 cars over the past several years
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Gurp925
Hey guys!,

First of let me say that they have great products, and fast shipping and so forth that is not the problem, but with my situation i placed an order and and forgotten one bulb, so i contacted them saying would you just be able to charge me for the one bulb and send it with the same package. I went to bed because it was late to wake up to being double charged full amounts for the both orders. I then contacted them saying what happened and Paul from the support team tells me no problem you should see the charge reflected on your card within two days, two days turns into a week and on. So i call them back and ask whats going on and i am told that the payment was void and they never received it in the first place, I mean it could just be a misunderstanding on there part but I should not have to to all this trouble for something that is not my fault. Long story short I'm just waiting on Paul to get back from investigating.

That is my rant..

Shouldnt this go in vendor feedback section?

Trending Topics

Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 PM
CutInactiveMods

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Shouldnt this go in vendor feedback section?
Yes, as a matter of fact it does. Obviously you know this. We can wait until a moderator happens to see it, or report it right away. I will go ahead and take care of that right now. Maybe next time just report it without posting, saves time.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/site-fe...-location.html
Old 03-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Gurp925
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CutInactiveMods
Yes, as a matter of fact it does. Obviously you know this. We can wait until a moderator happens to see it, or report it right away. I will go ahead and take care of that right now. Maybe next time just report it without posting, saves time.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/site-fe...-location.html
Oh, sorry my bad
Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Gurp925
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Go with V-LED's .... never had any issues with any LED's I have ordered from them. That's about $750 worth of LED's for 5 cars over the past several years
Yeah i ordered my D2S from them quality stuff from both companies.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
I'm sorry for your trouble, but this is just the way the financial system works. This has nothing to do with our service or support. We have been extremely responsive and have done as much as possible for you. You called twice yesterday and talked to both Nick and I, and we each explained the situation in full to you. How is this lack of support? I'll explain once more:

You made an order. Your card was authorized... not charged. We do not charge until we ship. It is a only a pending transaction, to make sure the card is OK. Same thing happens when you use your card at a gas station, restaurant, etc.

You added something. Your card was authorized for the higher amount. (again, NOT charged)

We voided the original authorization. It was not charged. It is still pending on your account. Usually, it takes 2-3 days for a voided transaction to be removed from your statement. This is simply the time it takes for banks and the financial system to process the command. However, as both Nick and I have explained, the fact that it is an international transaction is likely slowing down the process. There is literally nothing more we can do, as the transaction has been voided. If we could do something, we would. If you call your bank, they won't be able to help because it is still a pending transaction.

Please see the screenshot of my console below. You can see that the first transaction was voided promptly (that is why it also says $0)

Usually it takes a bit longer to process internationally. It will be removed from your account any day. And it is not a charge, it is an authorization- so it will not appear on your monthly statement.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 03-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Gurp925
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
I'm sorry for your trouble, but this is just the way the financial system works. This has nothing to do with our service or support. We have been extremely responsive and have done as much as possible for you. You called twice yesterday and talked to both Nick and I, and we each explained the situation in full to you. How is this lack of support? I'll explain once more:

You made an order. Your card was authorized... not charged. We do not charge until we ship. It is a only a pending transaction, to make sure the card is OK. Same thing happens when you use your card at a gas station, restaurant, etc.

You added something. Your card was authorized for the higher amount. (again, NOT charged)

We voided the original authorization. It was not charged. It is still pending on your account. Usually, it takes 2-3 days for a voided transaction to be removed from your statement. This is simply the time it takes for banks and the financial system to process the command. However, as both Nick and I have explained, the fact that it is an international transaction is likely slowing down the process. There is literally nothing more we can do, as the transaction has been voided. If we could do something, we would. If you call your bank, they won't be able to help because it is still a pending transaction.

Please see the screenshot of my console below. You can see that the first transaction was voided promptly (that is why it also says $0)

Usually it takes a bit longer to process internationally. It will be removed from your account any day. And it is not a charge, it is an authorization- so it will not appear on your monthly statement.

Thanks,
Paul
As stated earlier matter was settled but thanks.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Perhaps in the future before coming into the forum to complain about poor support from a vendor, be sure you thoroughly understand how credit card transactions work and make sure there is actually an issue to complain about first. And also show a bit of patience and actually allow things to work out before bashing the vendor for lack of support when they clearly voided the initial transaction and tried to explain it to you over the phone on more than one occasion. You posted a complaint about Diode Dynamics for all the world to see and then an hour and a half later post that it is resolved. that means you should have worked to fully understand what was going on in the first place before complaining. This thread was completely unnecessary and it's quite clear that the issue lies with you and not with the vendor yo are complaining about.