Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Baker Tuning . . tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs down Baker Tuning . . tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk . . . .

They're not vendors here but they do sell parts for our cars so I'm posting this up as a heads up for you guys.

These guys screwed my friend over big time after spending a lot of $$$ with them. He was too nice with them and he finished last on this one.

Read on . . . . . .

My experience with baker tuning - Nissan 370Z Forum
Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
So not only do JDM companies have to deal with cheap knock-offs hurting their businesses, but they now also have to deal with horrible distributors?? I'm sorry for your friend man that really sucks.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:17 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Damn dude. I've never heard of them but now I'm staying away from them for sure.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
That really sucks for your friend . Thanks for letting us know about this vendor
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I know a few members including myself who have ordered from Top Secret and received incomplete products (materials, screws, coils not assembled). So I believe their intakes had no screws from T.S.
Cant comment on the packaging because it looks 100% better than what my 3rd T.S. diffuser came in from T.S.'s actual US rep (if he still has that title)
However Baker should have informed him that the product wasnt complete beforehand.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
*Baker Tuning is owned and operated by Baker Nissan in Houston TX. Maybe that's the problem

RYs06MT Not sure if you're the guy that received a damaged Top Secret diffuser? Take into consideration how many hands handled that package. That's why I would never order directly from Japan. Especially something as fragile as carbon fiber. If you order from a reputable US dealer like bulletproof, you have insurance and can get a live human on the phone IF a problem occurs. International direct shipping is always a gamble.

Last edited by IPL 370GT; 03-07-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:33 PM
RYs06MT

Well I didn't want to bring this here but according to Top Secret only them, shipping company and their rep handled my product. It came straight from Japan to John L in Texas. Was inspected then to me. (I had a 9 or 10 month wait, i cant remember) Package was terrible, customer service was crap and T.S. sent a rep out to view my damaged product and still took 2 months to refund me.

The person in the other country who got coils that werent fully assembled was also shipped the product from T.S. direct.
And I know an ex member who ordered a T.S. diffuser from BPA and it came without brackets. And no I'm not putting the blame on BPA, clearly T.S. has a pattern on shipping incomplete orders to the U.S. so I choose not to do business with them.
I'm glad you're happy and your BPA orders have all been a success, my BPA orders have all been a success, and I bought my first diffuser from AMPD with 0 problems. Not until I dealt with T.S. direct did I have problems. Now I'm no longer a customer.
I wasn't defending Baker, I was just saying I believe T.S. sent them incomplete products. They have a reputation for that over the past few years.
I'm glad you were able to find substitutes for your missing mounting brackets, but for what you paid from a top jdm tuner hardware/instructions should have been included, period. IMO

Last edited by RYs06MT; 03-06-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I saw this a while back on the Z forum. It's sad that crap like this happens.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:04 PM
IPL 370GT

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Well I didn't want to bring this here but according to Top Secret only them, shipping company and their rep handled my product. It came straight from Japan to John L in Texas. Was inspected then to me. (I had a 9 or 10 month wait, i cant remember) Package was terrible, customer service was crap and T.S. sent a rep out to view my damaged product and still took 2 months to refund me.

The person in the other country who got coils that werent fully assembled was also shipped the product from T.S. direct.
And I know an ex member who ordered a T.S. diffuser from BPA and it came without brackets. And no I'm not putting the blame on BPA, clearly T.S. has a pattern on shipping incomplete orders to the U.S. so I choose not to do business with them.
I'm glad you're happy and your BPA orders have all been a success, my BPA orders have all been a success, and I bought my first diffuser from AMPD with 0 problems. Not until I dealt with T.S. direct did I have problems. Now I'm no longer a customer.
I wasn't defending Baker, I was just saying I believe T.S. sent them incomplete products. They have a reputation for that over the past few years.
I'm glad you were able to find substitutes for your missing mounting brackets, but for what you paid from a top jdm tuner hardware/instructions should have been included, period. IMO
This thread is pertaining to Baker Tuning and I don't want to get off topic. However, did you ever file a dispute with Paypal or your bank? I'm assuming this is a Paypal transaction. Part of dealing with BPA direct or a US vendor is, they've already handled any shipping damages from Japan. They order in-bulk and you're then in turn dealing with a US distributor. If you have any issue with the product it's easier to fix. Worst case scenario.. File a claim, get a refund and wipe your hands.

Yes, I agree Top Secret seems to forget boxing up the little and somewhat important accessories.

I understand your frustration... This is a good example of why I deal using Amex and Paypal. If Paypal doesn't make good of the situation, Amex always refunds your money. The important thing to do is keep documentation, tracking numbers, take pictures and keep emails from the vendor until the transaction is complete.

Last edited by IPL 370GT; 03-06-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:27 PM
RYs06MT

At the time BPA was not selling G37 T.S. parts and I wasn't interested in modifying a 350/370 diffuser. At the time T.S. direct was the only way to get G37 parts in the US, through their rep John. They weren't shipping BPA G37 parts at the time. It was handled eventually. We'll end this here.
But I strongly believe Baker should have informed the customer at the time.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:45 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
I am not adding anything more to this thread after this post, but I will just say that this does not surprise me...

For clarification, Bulletproof Automotive, although the US distributor for Top Secret, does not deal with Top Secret G37 parts.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 PM
IPL 370GT

OP is addressing issues pretaining to Baker Tuning. Hopefully going forward it can stay on track
Old 03-06-2013, 08:40 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Even if TS forgot the little important things or packaged the product poorly, Baker Tuning should have addressed the problem rather than ignore it. I made this thread because of the way it was handled on their part. Very poor customer service. It's too late for my friend but if it can save at least one of us here the trouble then it has done its part.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:23 AM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I wanna order something from Japan again I would go for GT-RR.com again without a doubt.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
Doesn't surprise me. Baker himself tried to pass a fast one on my wife buying her Murano and I caught it. DO NOT BUY FROM BAKER NISSAN! - Texas & South Central - GT-R Life

Quick Reply: Baker Tuning . . tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk . . . .