MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback (https://www.myg37.com/forums/vendor-comments-reviews-feedback-371/)
-   -   Carbon Fiber Duckbill trunk....from Concept Automotive (aka Strafe Automotive) (https://www.myg37.com/forums/vendor-comments-reviews-feedback/238548-carbon-fiber-duckbill-trunk-from-concept-automotive-aka-strafe-automotive.html)

saparda 08-06-2012 05:58 PM

Carbon Fiber Duckbill trunk....from Concept Automotive (aka Strafe Automotive)

3 Attachment(s)
hello to all,

so I've been looking for a Duckbill trunk since January and i was waiting for the Autokits-X trunk to finish but unfortunately they told me they will not make a CF version out of it, so i had to pick between the CSL trunk or the AMS trunk!....i picked the AMS but i got the CSL instead lol, here is the story!

Autokits-X do not have these trunks in stock so i had to look for them some where else, so i contacted Concept Automotive (previously Strafe Automotive) and my god that was a bad move!, i sent them an email in April to get a quote for the AMS trunk and they gave me a quote ($750 shipped), they told me through emails that they can get it for me in a week.

finally i made the move in June to purchase the trunk, couple of days after i placed the order i sent them an email to check what's going on because i did not get any conformation email, all i got is an invoice posted on their website. they replied saying that the trunk is in production!? even though they told me they can get it for me in a week, i asked them if that will take months?, they said no, so i said ok cool will wait.

after a month and a half they finally finished the trunk!!! (placed the order on 16th of June....they shipped the trunk on 25th of July) and during that time i sent them alot of emails asking for updates but all i get is "we are waiting for the supplier", and they take a week to reply.

into shipping!, i noticed that my Credit Card has been charged so i emailed them and they told me they shipped the trunk, they gave me a tracking number to a 3 piece package and weights 103lbs!, i was confused so i asked them what's going!? , they said they cant get me any information now, wait until Monday. sent them an email on Monday and until now no replies lol, so i called the shipping company and asked for the supplier information, they said that the package was shipped from carbodykits!!! and they gave me the guy phone number, i called the guy and he said that the tracking number is for 3 packages going to different addresses! and on top of that he forgot to write down my mailbox reference number but he fixed his mistake and called the shipping company and gave them the number.

FINALLY! i got the package today and there are no damages on the trunk because of bad production or shipping but i almost had a stroke because it's a CSL trunk!! not AMS!! WTF! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: , and i even asked the guy if he got any pictures of the trunk before he shipped it just to make sure, and he said no, i even gave him a picture of STOOF trunk, and he said yes that's the trunk. now i cant do anything because the trunk is here and shipping it to the US will cost a lot! so i live with what i got! :icon27:

in the end, i will never buy from them again and personally i don't recommend them, it's just unfortunate that we have a limited number of vendors that can provide/make products for the G couple!.

so here is what i think of Concept Automotive or carbodykits :confused2: ....i dont know :dunno::-

Communication (3/10)
shipping (6/10)
Price (8.5/10)
Quality (8.5/10)
fitment (85%)
one side is perfectly fit and the other side have a small gap!, i think it can be fixed, i just need to spend more time lining the trunk.

i'm happy to forward the emails to anyone if they want to check. just let me know.

pictures (will post day pictures later):-

Attachment 163483

Attachment 163484

Attachment 163485

soolman32 08-06-2012 10:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Sucks that after all that you still didn't get what you ordered. If it's any consolation, it does look pretty good.

saparda 08-06-2012 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by soolman32 (Post 3503754)
Thanks for the feedback. Sucks that after all that you still didn't get what you ordered. If it's any consolation, it does look pretty good.

haha thanks man that actually made me feel better about the trunk cuz i'm kinda not digging the CSL style.

will post more pictures later, you can barely see posted pictures of duckbill trunks here in the forum!!

Weiboy718 08-06-2012 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by saparda (Post 3503765)
haha thanks man that actually made me feel better about the trunk cuz i'm kinda not digging the CSL style.

will post more pictures later, you can barely see posted pictures of duckbill trunks here in the forum!!

Maybe this might help you out even more!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2wm4847.jpg

Rikter 08-07-2012 12:11 AM

I second not using strafe. I ordered up an emblessless grill for '08 G37 Coupe. After telling me it is in stock I was later emailed that they were waiting for it to be shipped from their supplier to them and then to me. Whatever. So then it gets shipped finally but stopped at the border due to incomplete paperwork. It then ships back to them but according to fedex they moved shops so it sits at fedex. All this time Strafe is telling me they will deal with it blah blah. I had to go through my credit card company to get my money back. What a hassle. AVOID!

saparda 08-07-2012 09:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
took some day photos, hope you like them :)

Attachment 163463

Attachment 163464

DRQKNHT 08-07-2012 12:28 PM

I think the trunk def looks good! The hassle is a big pain...but its good to know you got your trunk...and it fits well.

ZeRo 2 SiXtY 10-15-2012 11:25 PM

where exactly did you order this trunk?>> link please if u can pm me

sa1977 10-18-2012 09:09 PM

I like its aggressive look.

G37-Pearl 10-30-2012 05:26 AM

thats bad , good you have the trunk at least & it look good bro

i heart ricers 04-14-2015 09:55 AM

whats the difference in ams vs csl ???