Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Stillen sux(no bucks for me)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 03:36 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Stillen sux(no bucks for me)

Did any get the Stillen bucks? Or was promised them the then told you would not get them?? I was told to tale a long walk of a short pier and hung up on twice,, IMO they have the worst customer service I have ever delt with.

Long story short as some of you know I bought their SC kit along with the tranny and oil coolers over a month ago, I was told by them that I would recieve $500 Stillen bucks on just the SC kit plus additional bucks on the coolers, We talked about using them for brakes or the engine cover for the kit, So I decided to go with Stillen and was going to use the bucks for front pads and rotors, Now after the kit is installed( An had issues with the tune) I was told NOPE your not getting them ... Their excuse was because I bought the kit through my dealer who is an authurized Stillen dealer and which I told Stillen before I bought the kit and was told it would not be an issue.. Now it is an I cant stand them..

Really becasue I did not buy the kit direct from them??? I spent more $$4 buying from the dealer( Sales tax) Which I was told I would not have to spend if I bought direct,, But because I was told it did not matter I went through the dealer for it was easier for me to have them order it and have it shipped to them opposed to having it shipped to me and having to drive it to the dealer ,,,, Stillen service FTL BIG TIME.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:41 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear.

They told you it wouldn't be a problem receiving the gift card even though you didn't purchase through them? That was a screw up on the person that told you that in my opinion. I would imagine it's their policy to not give a gift card if you went through a reseller because NORMALLY authorized resellers get a discount and then mark up the price.

Although I didn't make as big of a purchase as you did, I bought directly through Stillen a little while ago and received gift cards no problems.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:42 PM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by breftayka
Sorry to hear.

They told you it wouldn't be a problem receiving the gift card even though you didn't purchase through them? That was a screw up on that person in my opinion. I would imagine it's their policy to not give a gift card if you went through a reseller because NORMALLY authorized resellers get a discount and then mark up the price.
he still paid more because he went through the dealer. Stillen has to man up and give him his stillen bucks.. They are acting like their reputation is spotless and it can withstand a hit. Gotta love greed...
Old 02-14-2012, 04:08 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
yea we definitly know their rep is not the best
Old 02-14-2012, 08:10 PM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
They had the Stillen bucks deal going when I purchased my SC, exhaust and tranny cooler. My plan was to buy the SC and cooler and use the Stillen bucks to buy the exhaust. My shop is an authorized Stillen dealer also and passed the savings from the Stillen bucks on to me so that I ended up paying the same price purchasing through them as I would directly.

You can't expect a company to sell at wholesale prices to an authorized dealer who marks the price up to or near retail to get their profit then give you a discount based on that sale to the dealer. This would not be a sound business practice in my opinion. Whoever you talked to that indicated that this would be the case either did not understand or was smoking something.

I'm not being a fanboy or anything, just stating facts about how the business works. Any authorized dealer makes profit off the spread between wholesale and what they charge for the retail price. It is up to them to decide what kind of savings they want to pass on to their customers within the agreed upon limits set by the manufactures.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:48 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Sorry bud. I hope it all works out. Definitely not how I'd expect they would treat people who dropped a butt load of cash with them...
Old 02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Peyman

not surprised. bought a grille new they sent me a defective one. they made me drive all the way to them to prove it was defective. then they mailed me another one a month later that the finish on it was all worn off... very disappointing
Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Peyman
not surprised. bought a grille new they sent me a defective one. they made me drive all the way to them to prove it was defective. then they mailed me another one a month later that the finish on it was all worn off... very disappointing
Pretty much all the grilles are like that. They tried telling me that there were two different types of Infiniti emblems and I had the wrong one.....I am not a fan of Stillen at all, except their intake which still doesn't fit 100% but it works good.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
Pretty much all the grilles are like that. They tried telling me that there were two different types of Infiniti emblems and I had the wrong one.....I am not a fan of Stillen at all, except their intake which still doesn't fit 100% but it works good.
They pulled that same BS with the emblem when I had my Stillen grille over a 2 years ago. I was such a noob with Infiniti that I had no idea
Old 02-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Peyman

ha the emblem was another issue that wasn't what i was refering to. many of their grills are slightly warped at the top.
worst $300 you can spend
Old 02-14-2012, 10:03 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
So many negative stories yet people still buy, and that's the reason they don't care.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:07 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Sorry Stillen but I will not e buying any of your products ever. I was going for Gen3s! They supposably work great but don't fit 100%, well I will now choose a different option. I just don't care to support a company with this type of feedback. Sorry to hear OP, not the first I heard from Stillen and bad customer service.

Brings back old memories when I had their splitter and the damn thing would not hold up with there cheap supplied hardware. I called to complain and sure enough they gave me the cold shoulder.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Stillen products never fit 100%. Strange why people still buy from them. I love these name and shame threads though. People need to spread the message.
Let's see if they will man up and honor the stillen bucks atleast
Old 02-15-2012, 01:49 AM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
only thing they have going for them are their gen3s lol
Old 02-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Sorry to hear, patiently awaiting the GTM supercharger.

Quick Reply: Stillen sux(no bucks for me)