Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Stillen sux(no bucks for me)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:49 PM
mj_39

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Friend had the same thing happen to him, bought high flow cats from them. They didn't fit, after months of going back and forth they finally toke them back. Guess what they did. Rewelded the problematic cats and sent them back months later?

I have there catback on my car, fits great, sounds great. But for the price you pay for the exhaust from them you'd expect there clamps to be much much better. Absolute crap!

There intakes seem great and show decent gains however I dont think I'll ever buy a Stillen product again! Not worth the potential headaches!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:25 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It is not very often that I respond to threads of this nature. However, in this situation I do feel it is important to do so.

To start with, we have been servicing automotive enthusiasts for over 27 years and we take great pride in that. We have many customers who have grown with the company from the early days in their 300ZX's through their 350's and now into their 370Z's and G's. We strive to give our customer's the best product and best service. With that being said, there are always two sides to every story and I would like to speak directly to the OP's post.

Any time a customer informs me of a situation where they were treated discourteously or in the case of this accusation, hung up on. I take it extremely seriously. I want to speak with all of the STILLEN representative's involved in the situation and try to understand what happened. In this case, I spoke with Josh (josh@stillen on the forum) and one of our longest tenured sales rep Dean. This particular customer spoke with both of our representatives regarding his supercharger purchase and his reasoning for choosing to buy through the dealer. I spoke with both Josh and Dean separately and they told me the exact same thing. The OP had arranged an agreement with his dealership that they would honor the factory warranty if the kit was purchased through them. Both Josh and Dean informed the OP that the STILLEN bucks would not carry through to a dealer sale and were only a retail promotion. The OP said that due to the offer from the dealer of honoring the factory warranty he would still purchase through the dealership. We all understood that as it was a great deal.

In regards to the accusation of being hung up. Again, everyone involved said that this is incorrect. At no time did they ever terminate the call early. With that being said, the only time I have ever seen a phone call terminated prematurely is when the customer is using foul language and is mistreating our employees.

In regards to some of the other posts in this thread, specifically the accusation that we do not manufacture our own urethane, I am simply waiting for my graphic artist to get back from lunch at which time we will be filming a little video to prove we do in fact manufacture our own products.

On that topic, as I have done many times, if anyone would like a tour of our facility I would like to invite you to shoot me an email kmillen@stillen.com and we can schedule a time to come down and take a tour. I am here at least six days a week and would be happy to show you around our facilities.

Last edited by kyle@stillen; 02-15-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just shot this video. Please excuse the poor quality as it was shot with my phone. Also, it's a bit chilly out there today with the rain and what not...

One of the key differences in the STILLEN splitters is that we prep and paint the splitters prior to shipping. Poly-urethane does not have any UV protection in it so the black finish can dull and grey over the years. Also, urethane does need some prep work prior to painting such as sanding/smoothing as well as the occasional need for blending. Splitters are one of those items that many people like to DIY in their driveways so we take the extra time to sand, prep, and paint the splitter prior to shipping. Hence the reason for the additional cost.

IMG_0207.MOV - YouTube
Old 02-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guys, I've been to STILLENs facility and they do indeed manufacture their own parts. I've seen racks after racks of molds there with each cars model. They even build their own pulleys and drill/slot their own brake rotors. I'm only saying this because I really did took an tour of STILLENs facility and see what was being done there. to back up my story that i ain't BS'ing here's the pic's

Last edited by Weiboy718; 02-15-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:05 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Hey Kyle,
Just for arguments sake. Dean is the one who hung up on me and a actually yelled at me a separate tome. Some of you'd story is right. I did choose the dealer for the "install" an not Kaizen Tuning for fact that if the dealer installed and only installed the kit the warrenty would hold true. There "never" was a discussion that I had to buy it from them for the warrenty. So explain to me if"your guys at stillen told me I would not have gotten the stillen bucks if I purchased your kit throufht the dealer then why did I chose to pay the extra $$$ on sales tax. I would have to be an idiot. I paid cash for the kit and install and would have made no difference where I sent the cash. Josh himself said he would look into it along with your sales manager in whom a spoke to on the phone. Nobody has called me back and the last time I called Dean hung up on me. Might want to get the story right.

An never did I use foul language with Dean. All tho I did say I should have went GTM cause the car would not start with your first tune and the way " He was taking to me" let's just say I have been in a customer service job for most of my life and being almost 40 I really do not think I would have started swearing on the phone. All tho I was being yelled at and told I did not listen. ;/.

Last edited by ANMVQ; 02-15-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Hey Kyle,
Just for arguments sake. Dean is the one who hung up on me and a actually yelled at me a separate tome. Some of you'd story is right. I did choose the dealer for the "install" an not Kaizen Tuning for fact that if the dealer installed and only installed the kit the warrenty would hold true. There "never" was a discussion that I had to buy it from them for the warrenty. So explain to me if"your guys at stillen told me I would not have gotten the stillen bucks if I purchased your kit throufht the dealer then why did I chose to pay the extra $$$ on sales tax. I would have to be an idiot. I paid cash for the kit and install and would have made no difference where I sent the cash. Josh himself said he would look into it along with your sales manager in whom a spoke to on the phone. Nobody has called me back and the last time I called Dean hung up on me. Might want to get the story right.

An never did I use foul language with Dean. All tho I did say I should have went GTM cause the car would not start with your first tune and the way " He was taking to me" let's just say I have been in a customer service job for most of my life and being almost 40 I really do not think I would have started swearing on the phone. All tho I was being yelled at and told I did not listen. ;/.

I'm with you all the way. I have seen Stillen do this way too many times. They will say anything to get you to purchase their product. They will promise things and then later completely change their mind. They will use their "company history" and "company reputation" to refute complaints from customers. Maybe you can get away with this once or twice. But when there are so many people complaining about your business practices, it's obvious that something is wrong with your company.

Every time Kyle or Josh comes out to respond to a complaint, it is always the customer that was wrong. Stillen is always the victim. Apparently Stillen always do the right things but the customers are out there to get them.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:37 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
From personal experience all the aero parts I've bought from them fit 100% (two splitters & roof wing) ... Also have their sway bars which I have no complaint about. However I would never buy their motor performance parts. Ive seen first hand that they don't fit 100%. Their tune is also garbage in my opinion....

But good job on the areo parts Stillen.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:24 PM
QCityFinest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VossenG37S
Sorry Stillen but I will not e buying any of your products ever. I was going for Gen3s! They supposably work great but don't fit 100%, well I will now choose a different option. I just don't care to support a company with this type of feedback. Sorry to hear OP, not the first I heard from Stillen and bad customer service.

Brings back old memories when I had their splitter and the damn thing would not hold up with there cheap supplied hardware. I called to complain and sure enough they gave me the cold shoulder.
Ok guys I have been extremely aggravated with Stillen over the past month about my Gen3 I ordered... All I ask is to be told when something is out of stock or on BACK ORDER which is a completely different thing..then told 2 different ship dates only to be told today I will be waiting 2-3 more weeks! NOT MUCH REMORSE on their end...Was told there is nothing to be done and asked if i wanted to cancel my order...Was wondering what other option for the CAI you guys would suggest.. I really wanted the Gen3 but have been very unhappy with how they have handled this situation and I work in retail... About 100% certain I will NEVER order from them again...

Last edited by QCityFinest; 02-24-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:39 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Gen 3's will make power, It's been proven on here and they made power on my car before my SC, BUT I would NEVER buy a damn thing again from them.. If you noticed they where on in this thread once and when I corrected the story they never came back in to post nor did I get a PM or phone call from them.. I LOVE how he turned his reply to my post into a invite to see their shop.. LOL Turned into a ad post, I would cancel and look eleswhere,, I knwo the R2C's made good power just not as much as the Gen 3's, like 5-6 WHP less but for the service I got when I purchased the R2C's for my wifes car 2 years ago I would buy those again.. Will never touch a Stillen product again, :/

Just love how it was all about how I did not listen, or understand what they said... Any normal company would try to fix the customer issue but because they got my 6k and I can not take the kit off and return it they could care less.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I will settle for R2C or even Injen CAI, I jus want the sound! if they make a lil power then great!!! they will sound really good with no fitment issues/cutting etc...
Old 02-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Zack342
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This information is very compelling and disappointing at the same time. I was seriously leaning towards the Stillen SC over the GTM even though it is expected to produce less power. I had liked the fact the stillen would require less "hacking" of my car. however I am not sure if i would ever want to do business with a company like this...
Old 02-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ whoa! What you mean by less hacking on the STILLEN kit? I think you got them mixed up. The GTM kit requires less hacking up your car is the truth and use most of the oem parts.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:26 PM
QCityFinest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to jump off the thread topic but got my R2Cs today!! Super Excited!!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:20 PM
mj_39

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Where did Stillen go?
Old 03-02-2012, 12:18 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Did not want to get the cause the customer service sux,, I wish I could turn the clock back.. Really do. having 10k in parts and labor on your car that you know you will get NO HELP with really sux.

Quick Reply: Stillen sux(no bucks for me)