Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Stillen sux(no bucks for me)

Old 02-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Mysticalism

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is that so? Josh not replying a msg from me
Old 02-15-2012, 07:23 AM
NoKaOi G37X
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Did any get the Stillen bucks? Or was promised them the then told you would not get them?? I was told to tale a long walk of a short pier and hung up on twice,, IMO they have the worst customer service I have ever delt with.

Long story short as some of you know I bought their SC kit along with the tranny and oil coolers over a month ago, I was told by them that I would recieve $500 Stillen bucks on just the SC kit plus additional bucks on the coolers, We talked about using them for brakes or the engine cover for the kit, So I decided to go with Stillen and was going to use the bucks for front pads and rotors, Now after the kit is installed( An had issues with the tune) I was told NOPE your not getting them ... Their excuse was because I bought the kit through my dealer who is an authurized Stillen dealer and which I told Stillen before I bought the kit and was told it would not be an issue.. Now it is an I cant stand them..

Really becasue I did not buy the kit direct from them??? I spent more $$4 buying from the dealer( Sales tax) Which I was told I would not have to spend if I bought direct,, But because I was told it did not matter I went through the dealer for it was easier for me to have them order it and have it shipped to them opposed to having it shipped to me and having to drive it to the dealer ,,,, Stillen service FTL BIG TIME.

WOW! I thought you got these so I called Stillen asked about them. The guy told me that I couldn't get Stillen Bucks because I bought mine through the dealership and not directly from them. He explained that when they give Stillen Bucks it's like a discount for future purchase. This way they get your money and you get something to buy in the future. vs a straight percentage off you may or may not be back to buy something.

After following your adventure with Stillen I feel for you man. It makes me not so excited about getting my stuff put on. I wish you luck and hope they do the right thing.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Great, all this bad talk about Stillen and I just bought a splitter from them. Hopefully it fits.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ I would strongly advise you to buy some nuts and bolts and install those altogether on the splitter. The hardware they provide will not support it and will fly off
Old 02-15-2012, 11:31 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
^ I would strongly advise you to buy some nuts and bolts and install those altogether on the splitter. The hardware they provide will not support it and will fly off
What kind of nuts and bolts should I use? i guess I should add as many as I want to ensure it stays on. I don't plan on using the turnbuckles.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ just pick up any from the hardware store. Be sure to get washers too. I would install about 10 of them to be safe but you will need to drill thru your stock bumper.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Great, all this bad talk about Stillen and I just bought a splitter from them. Hopefully it fits.
How much did you pay for the splitter? I hope you didnt get ripped off by Stillen. I recently found out that stillen doesnt make the splitters. It is made by Street Scene and it is simply sold by Stillen and they make a huge profit off of you. The same exact splitter is sold by amazon for much less and free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Scene-9...9324133&sr=8-6
Old 02-15-2012, 12:05 PM
ARod221

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Modme
How much did you pay for the splitter? I hope you didnt get ripped off by Stillen. I recently found out that stillen doesnt make the splitters. It is made by Street Scene and it is simply sold by Stillen and they make a huge profit off of you. The same exact splitter is sold by amazon for much less and free shipping:

Amazon.com: Street Scene 950-70346 Front Splitter: Automotive
interesting....I had no idea!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Modme

Don't convict them yet. If you click on the picture in the link it shows a different splitter.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
^ just pick up any from the hardware store. Be sure to get washers too. I would install about 10 of them to be safe but you will need to drill thru your stock bumper.
Thanks man. No need to worry about the bumper cracking?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:42 PM
BosMaSwaG37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I bought their catback back in Dec. I was originally going to buy it from the dealer but before I did I went to their website and saw the offer on the bucks so I asked the dealer if the website offer would be honored and he said he called Stillen and they said it would. Either he lied and was just trying to get me to the pull the trigger or you're getting jerked around. I ended up buying directly from stillen because I didn't want to pay dealer install price.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Don't convict them yet. If you click on the picture in the link it shows a different splitter.
That's a generic picture that they use for all splitters. For example, if you look at their splitter for a Camero: http://www.amazon.com/Street-Scene-9...9328860&sr=1-1 It shows the same generic picture.

I called the company street scene and confirmed that stillen uses the one produced by street scene.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:01 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Stillen customer service blows .. I had some issues with a few things I ordered and they basically told me to screw off as well.. Their intakes fit like CHIT !!!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:12 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Dal1307, ,I contacted Stillen a few times and talked them about the the Stillen bucks, I was told no matter who I bought it from, Them or a authorized dealer.. Hell the reason I went Stillen was the dealer Warrenty and the bucks... All the the dealer warrenty was a HUGE + for me the Bucks would have been nice, I just dont like being told stories, I spent MORE buying from the dealer and if I was told I would not get them because of that then when in the hell would I have not gone through Stillen??? Stillen is JUST full of SHAT, In if my dealer would have warrentied the GTM kit a would have waited,,.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Unbelievable. Those bastards recently raised their pricing on the splitter citing higher production costs. I just sent them this email.

Care to expound on why the exact same splitter is being sold for $50 less than your so called "Stillen" splitter?

If Street Scene is the actual maker of this splitter and you are selling it as yours then I find this completely unprofessional and can't believe you are charging $50 more to boot.

Regards,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stillen sux(no bucks for me)