MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback (https://www.myg37.com/forums/vendor-comments-reviews-feedback-371/)
-   -   Problems with JEB Performance. Has this happened with anyone else? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/vendor-comments-reviews-feedback/229550-problems-with-jeb-performance-has-this-happened-with-anyone-else.html)

sammy917 12-07-2011 11:43 PM

Problems with JEB Performance. Has this happened with anyone else?

On 11/19/11 I ordered a set of Hotchkis sway bars from John at JEB Performance. The money was sent via paypal using the money sent as gift method, per John's instructions. (the price included 2-3 day UPS shipping) Afterward, i messaged him notifying him of the order and provided him with a shipping address. He promptly responded, thanking me for the purchase. He also notified me that JEB would be closed thanksgiving week, and that the order would be shipped on Monday, 11/28/11. It is now December 7th, and nothing has come in the mail. After many unreturned messages via the forum, I called JEB Performance and spoke to John. Things seemed okay as he gave me a tracking number, but as it turns out the tracking number is one digit short of a legitimate one. He promised to email the tracking number as well, and I've yet to receive anything. After more unanswered calls that day and two more unanswered calls since (one of which included a voicemail), I turn to the forum for guidance. Because the money was sent as a gift on paypal, per John's instructions, it isn't possible to take any course of action with them. This is no way to do business.

Doing business through this site with a seemingly legitimate dealer elicits some confidence of not getting ripped off. Other transactions via this forum have been flawless, thanks both to the site and the vendors. This was my first time dealing with JEB Performance. I'm 17 and this was supposed to be a birthday present from my parents as a small diy project. Not only am I a bit worried, but my mom is extremely concerned regarding the progress of the order.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

This isn't intended to bash JEB Performance, it's just a plea for a little bit of guidance and maybe even some answers.

surfjax87 12-08-2011 12:08 AM

Sorry to hear this, I bought my Invidia exhaust through JEB and it was smooth sailing. John responded quick to all my questions. I didn't have to send my paypal as a gift though.

Dj1ofDet 12-08-2011 12:11 AM

Maybe he's having a problem accepting your payment or something. On my personal recommendation, if your order falls through order from FB Parts. I've had good success with them!

Mike 12-08-2011 12:21 AM

Ask for a tracking number via PM on the forum as well.

I've spent a few grand with JEB and never had a problem. He does take a few days to respond sometimes when the load gets heavy (like around holidays), but he does ALWAYS eventually respond.

JSolo 12-08-2011 12:48 AM

The whole idea of money as a gift is so that the seller doesn't get hit with paypal fees. Not sure how well that works if you have a business or premier account since it seems I always get hit with fees. Anyways, I paid him directly last time using a credit card. No issues.

For me, it was worth the extra few bucks of having credit card protection just in case...

jorwick 12-08-2011 01:55 AM

+1 on a great experience multiple times with him for me. John is not a big shop that carries a lot of stuff in stock but no worries he will come through for you.

movinon 12-08-2011 09:01 AM

Regardless of how busy he is, he should at least return your call or send an e-mail to let you know what is going on.
Tom

breftayka 12-08-2011 10:47 AM

Perhaps he could be more responsive, but you never know what he is dealing with at the time...

I would rest assured with this one. Your item will arrive soon.

Chi-City-G 12-08-2011 11:23 AM

John will make sure this gets corrected. +1 also for great experiences with him and I have spent thousands with him. But even the first few smaller purchases went very well to assure that he doesn't only take care of the bigger customers.

I understand your concern but he will make it right I guarantee it. It could be a problem with Hotchkis if he did not have them in stock as well. He should definitely get back to you though and I am sure he will soon.

SRG 12-08-2011 12:39 PM

unfortunately you're not the only one posting about JEB but i never had any problems with John....I think he's just super busy....keep calling him.

ImPLiCiTv36 12-08-2011 06:45 PM

I actually have nothing but good to say about him bought my invidia from him.

Djfarhan 12-08-2011 07:57 PM

no problems here

TastefullyDoneG 12-08-2011 08:28 PM

John is a great guy! I bought something from him and he personally delivered it to my house LOL. Also I sent him the payment marked as a gift so he wouldn't be hit with paypal fees.

sammy917 12-09-2011 09:57 AM

Thanks for the assurance guys, appreciate the feedback. it's good to know that he does have a good reputation but the lack of contact is just a little disconcerting. nothing yet, and its 12/9. i'll keep you guys posted and let you know what happens.

Legz 12-09-2011 11:36 AM

I personally never had any problem with John... But this may sound a little trouble, their website is no longer active.. And doesn't matter how trust worthy a vendor is, never send money as gift, because now you can't dispute it via paypal I believe..