Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

"Warning" Kranson Forged Lies, Scam, BS

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Warning" Kranson Forged Lies, Scam, BS

Originally from G35Driver: http://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-t...ml#post4943576

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
If you are thinking of buying a new set of Kranson Forged wheels DON'T. I recently had my last and final encounter with Carlos at HDM / Kranson Forged or what ever else they are calling themselfs now.

I was upgrading the lips on the current wheels, so I spoke to Carlos on the phone and he said yes we have the fronts instock, but the rears I cant find. I told him please find them and I will drive down cash in hand and pay for them.

He then calls me back he must have used the other 5.5 rear lips that were ordered with Shanes, on demo wheels that he possible sent out of state to other retailers.... That he could not find the paperwork on what he sent out (mostly because there is no paper work im sure)

I reluctantly drive an hour south to his shop to go bring my 3.5 lips to exchange them for 4.5 plus $200 a lip. He also tells me to bring $200 deposit on the 5.5 so he can get the order started, as he can not find the 5.5 in his shop. Total $600 cash I bring to him.

He tells me that the rear 5.5 lips will be a wait of 4-6 weeks etc... So we throw the new 4.5 lips in the truck and I head out. I notice that these lips were drilled for valve stems, so I try to call him to explain that I need no drilled because my inners are drilled.

(Background I have 2 cell numbers and a shop number.) So he doges my calls and I finaly get his sister on the phone by calling the shop. She says he is in but with a customer or some crap... I finally get a hold of him, and he has some excuse that he wasnt in the shop.... when his sister told me he was. I explain that the 4.5 lips he gave me were drilled, he says of ya the company that makes him the lips messed up the order and drilled them all. So I tell him that isnt gonna work for me. So tells me the next shipment will be coming in on Wednesday, that he has more 4.5 on order.

I wait until Wednesday then try to call him, then he tells me well the shipment must have be split up into two orders, that he just tracked the second shipment and it will be here monday. Well Monday rolls around this week and I call him.... No answer, and his voicemail is full. I call the shop no answer. Text him, no answer.

So now I am fuming and I call the manufactor of the lips, and ask them if they will sell me new lips direct, and I ask them if they can tell me if my order has been placed with them for the 5.5 lips... after talking with a few people there. They tell me they can not divulge that information to me, which I can understand they do not want to ruin the business relationship they have.

Guess what not even 10 min after I get off the phone with Triangle tool and die, boom Carols is on the phone. Triangle must have called him and told him that I was seeking alternative means to source the lips. He calls me Bro what are you doing calling triangle, that I told you the lips would be here blah blah blah. That I am hooking you up etc. A joke right $400 plus the old lips. So I tell net time answer the phone and I wont have to do this... I also ask him if the new shipment came in. He responds to me I am not at the shop I will call you in 15 min when I get there.

3 hours later I get a call, the lips are drilled again. So he tells me he will call them and they should be able to send them to him with in the week. At this point I have had it, I ask him if he has 4" in stock and I would settle for that, he tells me that he would go check to make sure he has 4" non drilled on the shelf, that he would call me back in a few min.

2 hours later, no call. I try to call all the numbers, nothing no answer full voicemail. So I test him, either come up with 4.5, 4, or the cash and I am done with you BS. Not even a min later I get a call, with him whining that he doesnt need this abuse and I can come pick up my money and old lips.

Fastforeward to today, I do not call him. I just show up at his shop to confront him and get my refund. He tells me bro I dont know why you are acting like this etc, etc, etc. I stop listening to him from the second he say me walk in. I told him I want my old lips, here are you drilled 4.5 and give me the cash.

This is where his true scumbag colors come out. He gives me the lips and digs in his wallet and hands me $400. I tell him what about the other $200 for the 5.5 that I gave you a deposit for? He said no bro you only gave me $400. I explain that $400 was for the new front and $200 deposit for the rear with a balance of $200 and my rear lips after the new came in. So Total $800 and the 4 original lips. He then gets all defensive that he owns a tire kingdom with 12 bays and that he is to busy for this crap. I tell give me the money and don't worry about me beacuse I will never do business with him again. He then try to spell out for me why I only gave him $400 which is a blatant lie. $100 per lip and $200 deposit.

Carlos stole $200 buck from me, caused me many headaches because he is a lowlife scumbag. I will make sure not only does he lose that $200 in business but 100x because I am going to put this on every car forum that I am on.

Hey Carlos was the $200 bucks worth it now
I hope that scumbag Carlos gets what he deserves.

Can a mod please sticky this, please?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
That's why I keep reconsidering 100 times before getting wheels shipped to me
Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ive heard other issues with them as well about extended waits and promises left unfullfilled
Old 03-11-2010, 10:36 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn. Where are they located? What kind of cars do they mainly do?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:49 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

They are in FL. They just started getting into the 350Z/G35 crowd. They offer wheels with insane big lips.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Loi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where at in FL?! I'm in florida and if they are under 5'8" and 160 lbs I can beat their a$$ for ya!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Moved to the vendor feedback section. Thanks for the heads up Green Goblin has been a reputable member of the G community for some time. Thanks for posting it here for us.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Wow, I didnt even know it was Green Goblin. He was their main spokes person on G35Driver. I can't believe they would screw over their main client like that and such a prolific member on the boards. Extremly bad business move on their part.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:48 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dame that sucks ball$. Karma is definitely a biatch. Hope that guy gets what he deserves and some.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
ShanesG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Wow, I didnt even know it was Green Goblin. He was their main spokes person on G35Driver. I can't believe they would screw over their main client like that and such a prolific member on the boards. Extremly bad business move on their part.
I was actually the 1st lol and originally was going to help them get theor name out and be their official vendor here's my experience...

Alright, well fvck ballz where do i start. Ima just tell my entire experience.
So as i'm about to put in my order for some work meisters, someone makes a thread with Kransons wheels. They looked so much like bbs gt-2's(my favorites wheels) that i had to find out more about them. So i contacted the OP and he told me it was his friends wheel company called Kranson Forged and he was gauging interest in this community. I go on to get His buddy's(Carlos) contact info and proceed to call him. I had talked to Carlos a few time about everything i wanted, specs, color, lips, etc. as well as discussing price. He seemed like a really stand up guy, really helpful, all that good stuff. So after getting everything squared away i sent them my 50% deposit for the wheels.
This was April 18th of last year.

Now when i had initially talked to Carlos i was informed that it will take about 6-8 weeks for the wheels to be finish and HE WOULD BE IN CONTACT WITH ME THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS. Awesome right. Yeah not so much...
So after sending my deposit THE COMMUNICATION WAS REAL GOOD........for about a week. So i don't hear anything or call for about 4 weeks. I then give them a call to get an update. After about 5 calls i finally get through to him. He gives me an excuse as to why he wasn't able to get to the phone. Ok fine no prob. Faces are done, he sends pics, all is good.

Couple weeks go by, again no calls, no email, nothing. So again i must take it upon myself to get ahold of him. Again it takes me more than a handful of call to 3+ different numbers. Finally get ahold of him. Lips are still being made, blah blah. Now keep in mind i couldn't careless about the time. I know custom wheels take time and that was never an issue for me, all i ever asked of Carlos was just to simply keep me int he loop and let me know whats going on even if nothing is going on.

Snap and i almost forgot, after i had ordered, the OP who made the original thread(Mike) was now working with him and was suppose to be helping me as well. Well i donno who this guy is but he is possibly the 2nd worst employee of all time, right behind Carlos. This guy didn't KNOW **** ABOUT WTF WAS GOING ON, EVER. He could not once give me an update on what was going on. Yet he had plenty of time to ask me about trying to hook him up with an inven front So finally i tell him i want to go through Carlos and Carlos only, i will not speak with anyone else since he can't even do his fvcking job.

So this BS went on for a total of 4 effing months. In that time frame i maybe got 3 texts/calls/emails from them giving me any kind of update or anything. And one was asking for the rest of the payment so the lips can be paid for....errr wtf. Stupidly i agreed and paid them in full before them being finish. So now he has my wheels and my money, whats the rush now.

Now i prob called this guy over 100 times in these 4 months and actually got ahold of him about 10 times. Every effing time i talked to him he had some BS excuss, frankly it got ridiculous. Some of these excusses included

-My phone died and i had to get a new one
-My wife is int he hospital so i have been there all week
-Someone at the lip manufactuer died so they stopped work for a few days
-We had a few employees that weren't doing their job so we had to fire them i'm in the process of restructuring
-My phone died....again
-I've been super busy getting investors for the company
-I've been super busy trying to get my own CNC machines so i can do most of the work in house

I mean the fvcking excuses went on and on and on. I mean how the hell does this guy even have a life, i mean he should be a effing millionaire with all this crap hes supposedly doing.

It was funny how you could never get ahold of him, yet when you threatened to do a chargeback, or cancel, or show any kind of back bone so to speak, he'd come running like flys on ****.

I actually had to send this guy a text asking how effing hard is to fvcking give me a call back when he says, "ill call you in a couple hours" then 8+ hours go by. And he calls me screaming to me about how his kid reads his phone and doesn't appriciate the language that i used. LMFAO you gotta be ****ing kidding me...This guy is more than just a piece of work, i have never met anyone like this guy. We had a few of these heated discussions and each time he forgets that we are paying effing customers not some random guy on the street who you can just talk shiit too.

So fast forward finally after 4 months i get my wheels. They turned out perfect, thankfully, through all that BS at least the wheels looked amazing.
Fast forward another month or so i start to see a small crack on both of my rear lips, which ends up progressing into a crack almost all the way around. Now i know this wasn't his fault and moreso were just defective lips sent to him by Triangle, but holy fvck ballz, does this really have to happen to me after all that BS, now i gotta deal with this fvcking guy again. So i attemp to call him yet again to get this squared away. Again phone call after phone call, no answer, get ahold of a receptionist at HDM tell me she will have him call back he busy with a customer(heard that one too about 50 times) Again no call back. RAGE. So i send him a nice lil text telling him to fvckin get back to be cause his lips are cracking and i didn't pay for this ****, etc, etc. HOLY MAGIC, he somehow i available now, gives me a call tells me to send to wheels back he will replace them. Ok, so finally he actually keeps in contact with me over the next few day before they go out, send DB Shenker to pick the wheels up, done. Get the wheels back slap them on the car. good to go.

All in all, this transaction with Kranson was BY FAR the worst experience i have ever had with anyone in my entire life. If he didn't have so much of my money things would not have played out so nicely. Luckily i was able to keep my cool, for the most part, through this entire fiasco. I was just about to send my wheels back to him to get new front lips as well, then Danny tell me what had just happened to him and the $200. I seriously can't believe it, but i can't say that i would expect anything else from that lowlife. I will now have to try and purchase new lips from Triangle themselves, there is no way im about to risk anymore time and money with this guy.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:01 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Wow, just wow.

So a total of 2 very well known members get wheels and both beyond screwed. Im sure that is really going to help the company.