Upcoming Events Upcoming G37/G35/350Z Events

Meet Ride along in memory of Paul Walker

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 11:18 AM
randyg37s

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Ride along in memory of Paul Walker

Hey guys, as most of you already know we recently lost someone really close to our hearts Paul Walker R.I.P. Man i still cant believe it most of us looked up to this guy as a car enthusiast, his passion for cars and the great person he was on/off the screen. Our condolences go out to both familys Walker's and Roger Rodas which was also in the accident. This upcoming thursday the 5th 8:00 PM we will host a tribute for them, the plan is to meet up at London Square 13550 SW 120th St, Miami, FL 33186 around 8:30 we'll headout in a group to one of the locations where fast and the furious 2 was recorded, close to the water where we will lay some flowers down. The ending location not yet decided. Anyways anyone is more then welcome to show up lets show some respect to the legend Paul Walker. ill be there with many who already confirmed attendance.
The following 3 users liked this post by randyg37s:
blnewt (12-09-2013), BluestickG (12-03-2013), ShaneLaf (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 11:42 AM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
If I could go I would. RIP Paul Walker and Roger Rodas. I used to work with them at my last job. We had a close relationship with Roger's company, AE Performance (Always Evolving). I can't believe they are gone. The 1st FnF movie was what really got me into car modification...They will be missed!
The following 2 users liked this post by BluestickG:
blnewt (12-09-2013), randyg37s (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 01:37 PM
randyg37s

Originally Posted by BluestickG
If I could go I would. RIP Paul Walker and Roger Rodas. I used to work with them at my last job. We had a close relationship with Roger's company, AE Performance (Always Evolving). I can't believe they are gone. The 1st FnF movie was what really got me into car modification...They will be missed!
thats awesome that you got to meet them bro, but its so unreal and sad how this happened. Yeah man that movie started all. But even off the screen he was passionate about cars :/ may they rest in peace
Old 12-03-2013, 04:00 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by randyg37s
thats awesome that you got to meet them bro, but its so unreal and sad how this happened. Yeah man that movie started all. But even off the screen he was passionate about cars :/ may they rest in peace
Yeah he truly was an idol for all car enthusiast. Just shows how life can be taken away so easily
Old 12-03-2013, 04:30 PM
randyg37s

Originally Posted by BluestickG
Yeah he truly was an idol for all car enthusiast. Just shows how life can be taken away so easily
yeah man all we can do now is keep his legacy alive
Old 12-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Wow. I'm really surprised by some of the posts. Maybe because I'm old or because I hated all those FF movies (I quit watching after the first one) and thought they were absolutely horrible, but I had no idea Paul Walker was so respected and well thought of as a car enthusiast by younger people. I only know him as an actor from a handful of movie roles that I've seen him in. At any rate, his passing is an untimely tragedy and 40 is way to young to go.

Be safe on your memorial ride guys.
The following users liked this post:
randyg37s (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 08:14 AM
randyg37s

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Wow. I'm really surprised by some of the posts. Maybe because I'm old or because I hated all those FF movies (I quit watching after the first one) and thought they were absolutely horrible, but I had no idea Paul Walker was so respected and well thought of as a car enthusiast by younger people. I only know him as an actor from a handful of movie roles that I've seen him in. At any rate, his passing is an untimely tragedy and 40 is way to young to go.

Be safe on your memorial ride guys.
i can see where you coming from bro not everyone liked them and yeah that first movie was the really good one. But its just really sad to see him go, he was involved with cars in his daily life, i believe he had a airplane hangar with 17 cars lol. thanks for the words bro!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:44 AM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Every comment I read on reddit from people, ranging from those who only knew him in passing to those that personally grew up with him, all said that he was a real car enthusiast (not just for show) and that more importantly he was a real class act. In the CNN article they mention about how one time at a jewelry store he saw a service member gasp at the cost of an engagement ring. Paul then walked up to the manager and told him to put their ring on his tab. He also pretty much dedicated his life to charity work helping out in disaster relief zones. He was always one of the first responders to major world wide incidents as that was what his charity was all about. On a personal note, at Hudson Grill (local upscale sports bar in Midtown ATL where I live) I once asked the manager who were some of the coolest people to roll through and who were some of the douchiest. He mentioned Paul by name. Said he waited for table like everyone else w/ his party, didnt complain or ask for any special treatment. Paid for everyone's meal came out to like $300 and then left a $500 tip. Also mentioned that Tim Teblow was a real a-hole who demanded special VIP treatment for just him and 2 other buddies. Anyway last Sunday I ate a tuna on white no crust in his honor. I wish I was in FL I'd totally join you guys. I may not be there in person but I will be there in spirit.
The following 2 users liked this post by hinomura:
blnewt (12-09-2013), randyg37s (12-08-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 08:28 PM
randyg37s

Originally Posted by hinomura
Every comment I read on reddit from people, ranging from those who only knew him in passing to those that personally grew up with him, all said that he was a real car enthusiast (not just for show) and that more importantly he was a real class act. In the CNN article they mention about how one time at a jewelry store he saw a service member gasp at the cost of an engagement ring. Paul then walked up to the manager and told him to put their ring on his tab. He also pretty much dedicated his life to charity work helping out in disaster relief zones. He was always one of the first responders to major world wide incidents as that was what his charity was all about. On a personal note, at Hudson Grill (local upscale sports bar in Midtown ATL where I live) I once asked the manager who were some of the coolest people to roll through and who were some of the douchiest. He mentioned Paul by name. Said he waited for table like everyone else w/ his party, didnt complain or ask for any special treatment. Paid for everyone's meal came out to like $300 and then left a $500 tip. Also mentioned that Tim Teblow was a real a-hole who demanded special VIP treatment for just him and 2 other buddies. Anyway last Sunday I ate a tuna on white no crust in his honor. I wish I was in FL I'd totally join you guys. I may not be there in person but I will be there in spirit.
Man thanks for sharing this with us. Thats why i have so much respect for paul he did many humble things. The ride along went well many ppl showed up. He'll be missed
Old 12-09-2013, 09:37 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Awesome that you guys were able to pay your respects that way, I'm sure he's giving the thumbs-up from above. Seemed like a guy that truly cared about much more than just some passing fame, may he RIP.
The following users liked this post:
randyg37s (12-10-2013)