MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   TSB - Technical Bulletins (https://www.myg37.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins-12/)
-   -   My dealership just performed ITB09-037 for my prematurely warped rotors. (https://www.myg37.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/198221-my-dealership-just-performed-itb09-037-for-my-prematurely-warped-rotors.html)

DetroitG37Joe 08-14-2009 12:37 AM

My dealership just performed ITB09-037 for my prematurely warped rotors.

My 2008 G37S Coupe recently started giving me pretty nasty steering wheel vibration under braking from higher speeds (50+ MPH). As we all know this is usually from warped rotors that need turning/re-machining but at 12.5K miles, I knew that this was way too premature for my vehicle. Especially considering how gently I typically drive.

So I took the car in and turns out that, yes it was prematurely warped rotors. So they re-machined them for me - and fortunately they found that a brand new, fresh out of the ever baking-Infiniti oven TSB applied to my car.

My work order says it's ITB09-037. So they machined the rotors as per ITB PX43AA 2.3 & they overnighted 2 backing plates that serve as heat shields to go with the rotors on my front wheels to keep them from overheating so as to prevent future premature wear. The car brakes like a charm now and apparently these are the 2 part numbers for both front rotors as per my work order:

PLATE-BAFFLE-41151-JL30A and
PLATE-BAFFLE-41161-JL30A.

Another nice thing is that now not only is the braking smooth (no vibrating wheel) but my squeal in reverse is GONE.

Turned my car in Wednesday at noon, got a loaner, and got the car back next day evening. G37x sedan is fun but I always miss my baby when she's in the shop.

Depressing...
This is like the 7th warranty/TSB type issue I have fixed on my G. It's pissing me off because I keep praying each issue is the last for a while but I keep having to go back. If my G continues this way my life will really suck after warranty is up. On the brightside I now have a work order number for a free warranty service that I can still use to apply for a gift from infinitiserviceevent.com. If there's a such thing as karma then I'll win something cool.

-Joe

rAiN 08-14-2009 05:15 AM

i started getting this vibration, should i consider taking it to dealership?

Mid-Life Crisis 08-14-2009 07:22 AM

I've had braking vibrations since 12K miles and the dealer said they would turn the rotors at a future date (24K rings a bell). My vibrations are tolerable but anoying. I'm at 19K now but a TSB would be a much better solution. Thanks for the info.

WhosUrBuddiee 08-14-2009 07:36 AM

Maybe you will win a free G37 convertible. Thank you for the info. Great post too.

RISKY GUY 08-14-2009 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by rAiN (Post 2717158)
i started getting this vibration, should i consider taking it to dealership?

if it is at 65 & up it could also be wheel balancing.

these factory tires do require alot of care.

DetroitG37Joe 08-14-2009 07:59 PM

I would suggest anyone that gets the wheel vibration upon braking from higher speeds (50+MPH) to see if this TSB applies - chances are it does. Any vibration upon strictly acceleration only would probably not be the rotors.

nogoodname 08-14-2009 08:19 PM

anyone have a copy of the TSB, the pdf file???

JLai 08-15-2009 12:59 AM

I need a copy of this TSB as well.

ProstylezG37 08-19-2009 08:11 PM

can i get a copy too? going back for every tsb issue possible in a few weeks...closing in on 33k miles so i better get to it ...and they gonna fix that whining problem...WOOP WOOP!:driving:

DetroitG37Joe 08-23-2009 09:42 PM

Sorry fellas, I have no idea how to get the PDF - but mentioning the TSB by identfication number may be sufficient. Can anyone else that knows how to get their hands on the TSBs perhaps get the documentation on this one?

shabbo 08-24-2009 07:40 PM

Re-surfacing warped rotors will only make them even more fragile to warping.

And heatsheilds only protect the hoses,seals boots etc by typically containg the heat (unless they have vents built-in or something). This could cause further heat problems and rotor warping ?

I'm confused over this...

JLai 08-24-2009 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by shabbo (Post 2733320)
Re-surfacing warped rotors will only make them even more fragile to warping.

And heatsheilds only protect the hoses,seals boots etc by typically containg the heat (unless they have vents built-in or something). This could cause further heat problems and rotor warping ?

I'm confused over this...

I dunno if its so much a heat shield as much as a baffle to direct air flow to the rotors. :dunno:

DetroitG37Joe 08-27-2009 05:11 PM

Yeah, the work order says they were baffles that were installed so maybe like JLai said they may direct air to the rotors? I don't know! One thing's for sure, they better not warp again anytime soon - or they're gonna hear it from me.

nogoodname 08-27-2009 05:14 PM

i checked for the file and i can't find it... too new, not online yet

The Jewbag 08-30-2009 12:19 PM

I don't post much on here, but I'm a pretty active member over at g35nyc.com.

I've been having the same problem, only mine steering wheel started to vibrate at about 8,000 miles. Since then, the dealership has resurfaced my rotors twice, but to no avail. Actually, it's worse now (I'm at about 13,000 miles now), as there is an added grinding feeling when I hit the brakes. The dealership says my pads and rotors look fine though (don't ask me how that makes sense when they admit they feel the problem when they drive my car), and told me that if I continued to have this problem, they would swap my rotors and pads out (this was before the TSB came out). That all changed when they decided to blame the problem on my painted calipers. They will not install these heat shields or what ever they are because of my painted calipers.