TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Itb09-009 FRONT BRAKE SQUEAL / SQUEAK NOISE

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 05:24 PM
JiMMyHaT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sahiwal007
dont you have a sport model? isnt the tsb for non-sport models?
I also have the 6mt sport model but my vin # and build date fall within the range on the tsb. I brought my car in for routine service some time ago and complained about the squeal, but they "failed to replicate the sound", pretty much telling me i'm full of sh*t. This was also prior to this tsb. Maybe the "non-sport" thing is just a typo on the tsb. My dealer says as long as it falls within the vin range they will honor the tsb. My appointment is monday 3/16. I'll let u guys know what happens.

Last edited by JiMMyHaT; 03-12-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JiMMyHaT
I also have the 6mt sport model but my vin # and build date fall within the range on the tsb. I brought my car in for routine service some time ago and complained about the squeal, but they "failed to replicate the sound", pretty much telling me i'm full of sh*t. This was also prior to this tsb. Maybe the "non-sport" thing is just a typo on the tsb. My dealer says as long as it falls within the vin range they will honor the tsb. My appointment is monday 3/16. I'll let u guys know what happens.
They seem to convienently forget to check for squeal as the first thing when they get in the car, after circling the lot and pulling into the bay, usually the squeal is gone. I don't know what they don't understand when I say first thing in the morning put the car in reverse and listen. Ofcourse, they drive it around to the bay, then put it in reverse and say, "I don't hear anything." Freakin' Rocket Scientists over there.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:43 PM
mjunod
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I started noticing the squeal in reverse backing out of the garage in the mornings about 6 weeks ago. Mentioned it today when in for normal maintenance. (Had not seen this thread yet.) I was first told this is normal on damp cools mornings. But they called later when the car was done and said they heard the loud squeal in their service bay and since I was under 12,000 miles (11,811) they did the work under warranty. Repair order has slightly different part number D1060-JL00A. The repair order stated "Found brakes had cracks and excessive build up. Replaced pads and cut rotors to correct noise."

I have a 2008 G37 Journey with Sport Package. VIN starts with JNKCV.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:18 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine only squeals going forward. And it seemed like it was coming from the rear brakes as well. I took the whole rear brake assenbly aprt to clean and lube it. It does seem to help a bit, but is not entirly gone. I have 30k miles on my car, so I highly doubt this tsb will work for me.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Twice now I've complained to them about it, they just keep cleaning the brakes up, and telling me that it just happens sometimes with big brakes, but I don't even have Sport Brakes. Another reason I hate the local dealership that I get service from.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:40 PM
t-bone1924

Had mine done today under the TSB-- my mileage is under 12K. Thanks for the new front brakes Infiniti!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by fmrlegend
Mine only squeals going forward. And it seemed like it was coming from the rear brakes as well. I took the whole rear brake assenbly aprt to clean and lube it. It does seem to help a bit, but is not entirly gone. I have 30k miles on my car, so I highly doubt this tsb will work for me.
you never know dude. i would take it anyway and ask, and dont mention any mileage restriction. just be like wtf is this squeel yo?

it doesn't hurt to take it in, not sure how the service is at ur dealer.. but some are actually nice and will do it for you even you are at like.... oh idk, like 35k miles or something.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

You know what, since I have this TSB in hand, I'll have more leverage this time about the brakes squealling. I'll try it next week (3/21) and let you guys know the outcome
Old 03-21-2009, 07:21 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys I have 8500 miles on mines n i have the same noise we all complaint about. Now I have a G37S would they fix it or is strictly non-sport?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:03 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Problem solved!! I took the front brakes out today n I found out the noise is due to a lot brake dust built in between one of the pads, cleaned really well n lubed it..Good as new no more noise :-)
Old 03-23-2009, 03:21 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by jadams
ITB09-009
February 10, 2009
FRONT BRAKE SQUEAL / SQUEAK NOISE

APPLIED VEHICLES: 2007 - 2008 G35 Sedan (V36) Sport Models ONLY
2008 - 2009 G37 Coupe (CV36) Non-Sport Models ONLY
APPLIED VIN: Vehicles built before JNKCV6(****)M604451
APPLIED DATE: Vehicles built before November 7, 2008
IF YOU CONFIRM
Squeal/Squeak noise from front brakes.
ACTION
Replace the front brake pads and front brake hardware kit with the parts listed in the Parts Information section
of this bulletin.
Refer to the appropriate section of the Electronic Service Manual for removal and installation procedure.
Road test the vehicle to confirm the issue is resolved.
PARTS INFORMATION
DESCRIPTION PART# QUANTITY
Pad Kit – Front Disc brake D1060-JK00B 1
Hardware Kit – Front Disc Brake D1080-JK00B 1
CLAIMS INFORMATION
Submit a Primary Failed Part (PP) line claim using the following claims coding:
DESCRIPTION PFP OP CODE SYM DIA FRT
RPL Pad Sets Both Sides D1060-JK00B PB19AA DD 32 (1)
(1) Reference the current Infiniti Warranty Flat Rate Manual and use the indicated FRT.

So this only applies to non Sport models? That sucks cause mine squeaks a lot in reverse. Mine is a sport 6mt tho.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:40 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
you never know dude. i would take it anyway and ask, and dont mention any mileage restriction. just be like wtf is this squeel yo?

it doesn't hurt to take it in, not sure how the service is at ur dealer.. but some are actually nice and will do it for you even you are at like.... oh idk, like 35k miles or something.

Took it in and they made an appt for next Monday. She didn't even ask about the mileage. So we'll see how it goes next week.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by fmrlegend
Took it in and they made an appt for next Monday. She didn't even ask about the mileage. So we'll see how it goes next week.

nice. let us know how it goes.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:19 PM
370GT

I just took it in again today, for the 3rd time for this squeal. They replaced the pads for free and im at 15k miles. They also replaced my muffler for the second time. I pick the car up tomorrow. Ill let you guys know if the sound is still there.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:50 PM
370GT

Got new pads, rotors cut, new muffler put in, and inspection done all for $10. =] The annoying sound is gone. Must have been the pads. Thank god my dealer is mod friendly.

Quick Reply: Itb09-009 FRONT BRAKE SQUEAL / SQUEAK NOISE