TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Itb08-028: Noise From Bank 2 Vvel Actuator

Old 06-18-2018, 12:43 AM
bocatrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine noise with 2017 QX50 when cold

Hi guys. I understand I own a QX50, but our engines are similar. Sorry to bring up an old thread, but after purchasing my 2017 QX50 in January of 2017, my car has what appears to be an engine knock after a cold startup, that starts in about 5 minutes of warming up and disappears after 15-20 minutes of driving. It is noticeable and definitely a lower end sound such as a rod, but could be the cam. I've done a fair amount of research on the VX37VHR engine with the Variable Valve Event and lift engine (VVEL). I left my car at the dealership last Saturday and will check in tomorrow. It definitely is not normal, and after spending close to 45K for the car new, I'm not planning on accepting any oil change as a fix. Has anyone found out anything new for this fix? I'm not sure if any software update or TSB applies to my car, but I'm looking into it. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. We all share the same engine design. Thanks all.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:20 PM
bocatrip

Originally Posted by bocatrip
Hi guys. I understand I own a QX50, but our engines are similar. Sorry to bring up an old thread, but after purchasing my 2017 QX50 in January of 2017, my car has what appears to be an engine knock after a cold startup, that starts in about 5 minutes of warming up and disappears after 15-20 minutes of driving. It is noticeable and definitely a lower end sound such as a rod, but could be the cam. I've done a fair amount of research on the VX37VHR engine with the Variable Valve Event and lift engine (VVEL). I left my car at the dealership last Saturday and will check in tomorrow. It definitely is not normal, and after spending close to 45K for the car new, I'm not planning on accepting any oil change as a fix. Has anyone found out anything new for this fix? I'm not sure if any software update or TSB applies to my car, but I'm looking into it. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. We all share the same engine design. Thanks all.
. Picked up Car from dealership. Shop foreman is telling me I am hearing the normal VVEL sounds. Any thoughts? Sounds like BS.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:34 PM
bocatrip

Originally Posted by bocatrip
. Picked up Car from dealership. Shop foreman is telling me I am hearing the normal VVEL sounds. Any thoughts? Sounds like BS.
I've dropped my car back at dealership and am insisting that the knocking sound gets addressed. If not done to my satisfaction I am planning on doing whatever is necessary to have it repaired. My car is 18 months old with 14,000 miles. It should not be knocking! To be continued.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:07 PM
TheWalkingDr3ad

Question frustrated af

sorry to wake this back up, but did anyone else with an 09 resolve this knock with the software update. Checked and my ECU is 23710 - 1ND9C which is not listed on the TSB. Synthetic oil changes every 3-4k, it is admin tuned. There is flywheel chatter as light weight flywheel. Idles fine otherwise, no lights or codes, exhaust leaks, no noticeable changes in performance. This knock seems to go away above 3.2k rpms and oil is checked a few times a week so never ran low. (vq35de issues way back when has made this a habit) Just trying to avoid the hassle of flashing back to stock for the update and getting my tune reflashed if not applicable TIA
Old 04-07-2019, 11:09 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWalkingDr3ad
sorry to wake this back up, but did anyone else with an 09 resolve this knock with the software update. Checked and my ECU is 23710 - 1ND9C which is not listed on the TSB. Synthetic oil changes every 3-4k, it is admin tuned. There is flywheel chatter as light weight flywheel. Idles fine otherwise, no lights or codes, exhaust leaks, no noticeable changes in performance. This knock seems to go away above 3.2k rpms and oil is checked a few times a week so never ran low. (vq35de issues way back when has made this a habit) Just trying to avoid the hassle of flashing back to stock for the update and getting my tune reflashed if not applicable TIA
My 2011 g37 sedan has been making noise after admin tuned also. It comes and goes.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:56 PM
TheWalkingDr3ad

Originally Posted by qmantran
My 2011 g37 sedan has been making noise after admin tuned also. It comes and goes.
update, I had a blown gasket where the header meets the block. Replacing this got rid of the sound!