new M owner.... - MyG37

The M - Spot General discussion for the M35/M45

new M owner....

Old 08-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
turbosport

new M owner....

Hello everyone! LOOOONG time lurker/tiny time poster here. Coming back to the Infiniti family after a short stint away. I had 2 G37xS' back to back, followed up by an Explorer (needed an SUV after my first daughter was born). After we replaced my wife's car with another SUV, i saw my chance to get back into a proper sedan and last week took delivery of a new to me 2013 M37x. Mine is Storm Front Gray with a Java interior - Premium and Deluxe Touring packages. So far i'm loving the car, and looking forward to figuring out all the features!

My car from Delivery Day!
turbosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
RMB5190

Nice! Always been curious how these compare to the G. Obviously, it's a much more luxurious car but since it weighs about the same I imagine it handles about the same as the G Sedan? I always see one on my way into work a few times a week. Really wish they would've put the same ****/shifter in the G

What's your experience with the behavior of the auto? I've read that it is somewhat delayed compared to the G37; which has its own quirks. See: Indecisiveness.
RMB5190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #3
turbosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB5190 View Post
Nice! Always been curious how these compare to the G. Obviously, it's a much more luxurious car but since it weighs about the same I imagine it handles about the same as the G Sedan? I always see one on my way into work a few times a week. Really wish they would've put the same ****/shifter in the G

What's your experience with the behavior of the auto? I've read that it is somewhat delayed compared to the G37; which has its own quirks. See: Indecisiveness.
To be fair, it's been about a year and a half since I had last driven my G (lease ended, and went into an Explorer from there). That said, the M combines all the driving characteristics (great steering feel, good handling, great power/acceleration) with significantly more interior refinement and luxury. I would say that I thoroughly enjoyed both of my G37's, but the M I am truly loving. It's a blast to drive, and the little interior refinements really make it a step up (and not just in size).

As far as the 7spd automatic is concerned, I would not say it's any more delayed than the 7spd in the G was. In Standard Mode and Sport mode there's plenty of response for my taste - I never found it hunting for gears. My car is a 2013, and I understand that some of the earlier cars had some transmission issues that did require a remap/flash - I suspect that got ironed out before my car was built. The only time the car feels laggy at all, is when driving in eco mode - but that's for a reason - that setting is meant to maximize fuel economy so the throttle/transmission were mapped to those specifications. I thus far have only really used that function on the highway.

If you've been thinking of making an upgrade, I can't recommend it enough - the drive is great, and the luxury improvements really make it something special. As a side benefit, the M's are far more rare than the G37 - kinda nice to not see so many of the same car on the road :-).
Old 08-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #4
RMB5190

They're definitely rare. I've only seen a few myself and G's are pretty plentiful. Mine sticks out since it's the only one that's been modded that I've seen.

Can't see myself upgrading anytime soon. I just picked up my 2012 8 months ago and I absolutely love the thing. Next new car will be for the fiance when the time comes.

I just realized you're in Silver Spring so there's a distinct possibility you're one of the ones I've seen LOL. (I work in Bethesda)
Old 08-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #5
turbosport

Could be, though i've only had my car for about a week now :-). I'm right on the border with Rockville and Olney, and I work in Bethesda as well - right by Montgomery Mall
Old 08-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
RMB5190

Oh, probably not then. The one I spy has a Towson University sticker on it. Some color as yours though. I come though there on my way to work but I go 270N to exit 16 for my return trip.

As do I....I'm off of Rockledge Dr.