The M - Spot General discussion for the M35/M45

new M owner....

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 04:06 PM
turbosport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new M owner....

Hello everyone! LOOOONG time lurker/tiny time poster here. Coming back to the Infiniti family after a short stint away. I had 2 G37xS' back to back, followed up by an Explorer (needed an SUV after my first daughter was born). After we replaced my wife's car with another SUV, i saw my chance to get back into a proper sedan and last week took delivery of a new to me 2013 M37x. Mine is Storm Front Gray with a Java interior - Premium and Deluxe Touring packages. So far i'm loving the car, and looking forward to figuring out all the features!

My car from Delivery Day!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:16 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Nice! Always been curious how these compare to the G. Obviously, it's a much more luxurious car but since it weighs about the same I imagine it handles about the same as the G Sedan? I always see one on my way into work a few times a week. Really wish they would've put the same ****/shifter in the G

What's your experience with the behavior of the auto? I've read that it is somewhat delayed compared to the G37; which has its own quirks. See: Indecisiveness.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:29 AM
turbosport

Originally Posted by RMB5190
Nice! Always been curious how these compare to the G. Obviously, it's a much more luxurious car but since it weighs about the same I imagine it handles about the same as the G Sedan? I always see one on my way into work a few times a week. Really wish they would've put the same ****/shifter in the G

What's your experience with the behavior of the auto? I've read that it is somewhat delayed compared to the G37; which has its own quirks. See: Indecisiveness.
To be fair, it's been about a year and a half since I had last driven my G (lease ended, and went into an Explorer from there). That said, the M combines all the driving characteristics (great steering feel, good handling, great power/acceleration) with significantly more interior refinement and luxury. I would say that I thoroughly enjoyed both of my G37's, but the M I am truly loving. It's a blast to drive, and the little interior refinements really make it a step up (and not just in size).

As far as the 7spd automatic is concerned, I would not say it's any more delayed than the 7spd in the G was. In Standard Mode and Sport mode there's plenty of response for my taste - I never found it hunting for gears. My car is a 2013, and I understand that some of the earlier cars had some transmission issues that did require a remap/flash - I suspect that got ironed out before my car was built. The only time the car feels laggy at all, is when driving in eco mode - but that's for a reason - that setting is meant to maximize fuel economy so the throttle/transmission were mapped to those specifications. I thus far have only really used that function on the highway.

If you've been thinking of making an upgrade, I can't recommend it enough - the drive is great, and the luxury improvements really make it something special. As a side benefit, the M's are far more rare than the G37 - kinda nice to not see so many of the same car on the road :-).
Old 08-09-2017, 10:39 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

They're definitely rare. I've only seen a few myself and G's are pretty plentiful. Mine sticks out since it's the only one that's been modded that I've seen.

Can't see myself upgrading anytime soon. I just picked up my 2012 8 months ago and I absolutely love the thing. Next new car will be for the fiance when the time comes.

I just realized you're in Silver Spring so there's a distinct possibility you're one of the ones I've seen LOL. (I work in Bethesda)
Old 08-10-2017, 10:07 AM
turbosport

Could be, though i've only had my car for about a week now :-). I'm right on the border with Rockville and Olney, and I work in Bethesda as well - right by Montgomery Mall
Old 08-10-2017, 01:06 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Oh, probably not then. The one I spy has a Towson University sticker on it. Some color as yours though. I come though there on my way to work but I go 270N to exit 16 for my return trip.

As do I....I'm off of Rockledge Dr.