MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   The M - Spot (https://www.myg37.com/forums/the-m-spot-199/)
-   -   Anyone own Malbec Black? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/the-m-spot/236231-anyone-own-malbec-black.html)

2008G-Man 06-01-2012 08:09 AM

Anyone own Malbec Black?

Hello, I usually hang out of in the G-Coupe section but I'm about to add a M37X to the stable. I saw a Malbec Black one a while back in the showroom and loved the color. I'm wondering for those that have lived with the color what your thoughts are.

Sorry you got it?
Does it look black most of the time or can you always see the plum tint?
I know black will be a pia to maintain, I currently have a blue slate G so I'm sort of used to a dark car but never owned black.

Chris11LE 06-01-2012 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man (Post 3459499)
Hello, I usually hang out of in the G-Coupe section but I'm about to add a M37X to the stable. I saw a Malbec Black one a while back in the showroom and loved the color. I'm wondering for those that have lived with the color what your thoughts are.

Sorry you got it?
Does it look black most of the time or can you always see the plum tint?
I know black will be a pia to maintain, I currently have a blue slate G so I'm sort of used to a dark car but never owned black.

Oddly enough, I only see "plum" under certain lighting conditions. And for some reason if I have polarized sunglasses on, I see more black cherry than plum.

Once its any semblance of dark outside, the car looks black.

I actually love the color, even despite the plum look. I think its kinda cool to have a car that looks different colors based on angle of view, time of day, etc. And I didnt have a choice anyway, wanted the '11 G limited edition, only came in Malbec Black.

As far as taking care of it, its basically black, and its Infiniti paint........so its softer than unicorn fur. Get a good coating on it (I had mine Opti-Coated to at least help minimize the number of big swirls) and be careful how you wash it...use the two bucket method or a foam gun and you should be fine.

2008G-Man 06-01-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Chris11LE (Post 3459503)
Oddly enough, I only see "plum" under certain lighting conditions. And for some reason if I have polarized sunglasses on, I see more black cherry than plum.

Once its any semblance of dark outside, the car looks black.

I actually love the color, even despite the plum look. I think its kinda cool to have a car that looks different colors based on angle of view, time of day, etc. And I didnt have a choice anyway, wanted the '11 G limited edition, only came in Malbec Black.

As far as taking care of it, its basically black, and its Infiniti paint........so its softer than unicorn fur. Get a good coating on it (I had mine Opti-Coated to at least help minimize the number of big swirls) and be careful how you wash it...use the two bucket method or a foam gun and you should be fine.

Thanks for responding ... I actually like the plum tint. Our Blue Slate looks different in different lighting conditions, which I like. The one M I"m thinking about has a Java interior so I think the non-traditional black exterior and the non-traditional Java interior would be a great combination. Just need to get to the dealer (hour away), before it's gone.

xSSv 06-01-2012 02:35 PM

MALBEC black is the best color Infiniti has come out with in a very long time. I get compliment everywhere I go. It's beautiful in the sunlight but looks black at night until the light hits and most people have to do a double take to try and get a sense of the color, they know its not just black. You can't go wrong with it.

2008G-Man 06-01-2012 03:04 PM

I think I"m sold .... hopefully they are still there in 2-3 weeks :-) Looking at Premium and Touring packages, black grill, splash guards, illuminated sills and premium mats.

Retromoe 06-01-2012 03:07 PM

I've concluded that Malbec Black is the new Midnight purple (that was once featured on R34 skylines). Best color to ever come out of nissan's factory.

Chris11LE 06-01-2012 04:05 PM

Malbec Black with Monaco Red seats......possibly the best color combination ever?

My only wish is that they made ALL of the interior panels black....not the off-whitish headliner, pillar covers, etc.

used2xb 06-01-2012 07:47 PM

I love my malbec G. Black at night, eye catching in light. A lot of people take a second glance because of the color.

da mayor 06-02-2012 12:54 PM

personally I think the Malbec Black is rich on a M... you'll be fine with it. As long as the sun hits it you'll see the rich color. at night it just looks black

SimpsonTide985 03-26-2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by used2xb (Post 3460172)
I love my malbec G. Black at night, eye catching in light. A lot of people take a second glance because of the color.

This.

I like the reaction when I tell them it's a dark red-purple color..

rmbg37ipl 06-01-2017 09:16 PM

can you send me a picture of this color. Is it also called black cherry?
rmbelk1953@gmail.com

rmbg37ipl 06-01-2017 09:18 PM

rmbelk1953@gmail.com

2008G-Man 06-07-2017 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by rmbg37ipl (Post 4137522)
rmbelk1953@gmail.com

Never heard of it being called Black Cherry. I'll send you a picture with the car in my garage for now. It's been raining for 4 days and the car has just been detailed. The color is outstanding, from a distance it looks black, when the sun isn't out it looks black. When the sun is out it has this beautiful metalic dark purple tint like Malbec wine ... hence the name.

2008G-Man 06-07-2017 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by rmbg37ipl (Post 4137522)
rmbelk1953@gmail.com

Two pictures sent.

ltody408 08-22-2017 10:08 PM

2012 Malbec Infiniti Available For Sale

Hi there,

I have a 2012 Infiniti G37 IPL (really rare), red stitches on seats, Malbec (black) color 6spd manual with Navigation and Backup camera. Sunroof, oem spoiler, full options. Clean title and only has 51K miles. California car, no rust at all. Great running conditions. Never been in accident. Just need to sell as I just bought a new Lexus RX450h. Asking $21K. If you're interested, let me know.

Thanks