Need advice - MyG37

Notices

Need advice

Old 09-08-2018, 09:17 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Need advice

I went to an estate sale and some guy had this floor jack, it's a 2 1/4 ton and when check online it's worth almost over $2000 but are asking 300 for it but I want to use it for the G when I need to do some work. Since its not a 2 and a half but close would there be a difference in weight

Do you guys think it's a good buy or not? Or would it be safe ?
Tomorrow if it's still there it would be half price so I'm thinking and I hope I can get it for 100 or less lol, or just to across the border and get another low profile at walmart for 3 ton

It's the blue jack.
Tks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Need advice-screenshot_20180908-125152_kijiji.jpg   Need advice-screenshot_20180908-125158_kijiji.jpg  
Old 09-09-2018, 12:06 AM
crookncastle

that giant blue jack is meant more for trucks. it will work raising up your vehicle but that damn thing is massive and will take up a shi tload of room in your garage. if you don't mind that size of it then go ahead and buy it. if its worth 2k and you are getting it for 3bills then its quite a steal.
The Following User Says Thank You to crookncastle For This Useful Post:
flipmode007 (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 04:21 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Old 09-09-2018, 09:01 AM
AARONHL

I have an aluminum low profile 2 ton for over 10 years and its needs to be rebuilt soon, so when I get another one to replace it, it will be a low profile aluminum because its not heavy to move around the garage and in n out of my trunk if I need to do some work outside of the garage.

But yes that extra low profile Arcan jack is real nice, just with it came in aluminum
Old 09-09-2018, 11:10 PM
dkmura

Hate to say it, but you can get a 2 1/4 ton Arcan brand low-profile jack at Costco (in my area) for about $150. I had one for four years, but the seal was going out, so I took it back. I received a full refund, no questions asked and went back into the store and bought a new one. Hard to beat Costco, and I'd pass on that blue jack for $300 with NO warranty. Offer $75 and see if that's enough if you really like it.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:26 AM
Hashim
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by flipmode007 View Post
I have the Harbor freight version of that Arcan Jack. Its exactly the same Its discontinued now but I bought it a couple of years ago but hardly use it as it wasn't much better than the one I had already, I 'll sell it to you if you're interested. it still looks brand new. PM me if you want it.

its this one:
Old 09-10-2018, 10:17 PM
saywat?

so if u can get a new jack of ur dreams for less than $300 why would u spend $300 on a used jack?
Old 09-12-2018, 08:06 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AARONHL View Post
I have an aluminum low profile 2 ton for over 10 years and its needs to be rebuilt soon, so when I get another one to replace it, it will be a low profile aluminum because its not heavy to move around the garage and in n out of my trunk if I need to do some work outside of the garage.

But yes that extra low profile Arcan jack is real nice, just with it came in aluminum
Do you have any in mind that came in aluminum?
Old 09-12-2018, 11:54 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by saywat? View Post
so if u can get a new jack of ur dreams for less than $300 why would u spend $300 on a used jack?
you know, I have never thought about it lmao but the only thing is the shipping will be so expensive cuz now we have to pay for anything that as metal in it lol

Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I have the Harbor freight version of that Arcan Jack. Its exactly the same Its discontinued now but I bought it a couple of years ago but hardly use it as it wasn't much better than the one I had already, I 'll sell it to you if you're interested. it still looks brand new. PM me if you want it.

its this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmzMcMuIQAs
you are in toronto and Im in ottawa lolbut i will keep that in mind if I go there before the winter, imagine the shipping cost that would be haha

Originally Posted by dkmura View Post
Hate to say it, but you can get a 2 1/4 ton Arcan brand low-profile jack at Costco (in my area) for about $150. I had one for four years, but the seal was going out, so I took it back. I received a full refund, no questions asked and went back into the store and bought a new one. Hard to beat Costco, and I'd pass on that blue jack for $300 with NO warranty. Offer $75 and see if that's enough if you really like it.
I was thinking of getting one from Costco but If my memory is right some pl were saying to stay our of there cuz they had issue with them but tks I will look at it but I know in Ogdensburg at Walmart they do sell the 2 1/5 are only 50 US, The reason why I didn't get t its because I saw more and more ppl had the 3 ton, I have read a lot of bad review with Costco and Walmart floor jack.You are right, I didn't get it at the end simply cuz they wanted $250 but I saw a similar design on kijjiji and it was a 10 ton for 225 out west but my price was only to give 50, so no I didn't get it.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Hashim
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by flipmode007 View Post
you know, I have never thought about it lmao but the only thing is the shipping will be so expensive cuz now we have to pay for anything that as metal in it lol

you are in toronto and Im in ottawa lolbut i will keep that in mind if I go there before the winter, imagine the shipping cost that would be haha

I was thinking of getting one from Costco but If my memory is right some pl were saying to stay our of there cuz they had issue with them but tks I will look at it but I know in Ogdensburg at Walmart they do sell the 2 1/5 are only 50 US, The reason why I didn't get t its because I saw more and more ppl had the 3 ton, I have read a lot of bad review with Costco and Walmart floor jack.You are right, I didn't get it at the end simply cuz they wanted $250 but I saw a similar design on kijjiji and it was a 10 ton for 225 out west but my price was only to give 50, so no I didn't get it.

All good man.

Really you'd be fine with any jack that is rated 2 ton or over for the G. the issue with the 3 ton and up jacks and the G (especially the AWD is that the Jack body gets too tall to get under the car to the proper jacking points even at stock height. That being said a lot of the "3 ton jacks" now are just the old 2.5 ton jacks that magically have been uprated so they can be sold as a "new model".

The Costco ones that I have seen are actually pretty decent and use the smaller body despite being rated for 3 tons. Most people who have issues with jacks I have seen is because they don't know how to fill/bleed the the jack and some manufacturers don't fill/bleed them properly...the low profile one I posted above came with zero fluid in it, while my other jack (from same retailer/brand) came properly bled and full...neither has needed any maintenance since