WOW Parking - Page 3 - MyG37

Notices

WOW Parking

Old 08-19-2018, 06:39 PM
  #31  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14,295
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,161 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post


I've been out of pocket for a couple of days, so please excuse the tardiness of this reply.

The MAGA comment had everything to do with politics and little to do with ethics. You are equating Trump supporters with ***-hat egotistical parking practitioners. This does not compute. Your comment would have been just as cutting without the MAGA mention, so you purposefully injected politics into the the thread. In the future, please limit these political interjections to the Lounge. Thank you.
My comment cut exactly right.

There's a running theme from people like that, that somehow they're the victems of intolerance for their opinions or their perceived rights. Thing is, you can't insist on tolerance for intolerance... that's a non-sequitur, buddy. And you simply can't embrace something that is so demonstrably indecent and undignified, and still lay claim to righteous intent, or whitewash this moment in history as "politics". So I'll say it again, this has everything to do with a lack of morality and a disregard for ethics, it is most certainly NOT a political consideration.

Learn the difference. Be better.



Rochester is online now  
Old 08-20-2018, 12:12 AM
  #32  
slartibartfast
Super Moderator
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 5,080
Thanked 584 Times in 515 Posts
You are wrong. However, we could sit here typing until dooms day and neither will persuade the other from their position, so I've said my piece and will move on.
slartibartfast is offline  
Old 08-20-2018, 07:30 AM
  #33  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14,295
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,161 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
You are wrong. However, we could sit here typing until dooms day and neither will persuade the other from their position, so I've said my piece and will move on.
False equivalency is the conciliatory argument of a moral coward. We see a lot of that these days.
Rochester is online now  
Old 08-20-2018, 07:41 AM
  #34  
stealthee
Registered User
 
stealthee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: SWPA
Posts: 601
Thanked 74 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post


False equivalency is the conciliatory argument of a moral coward. We see a lot of that these days.
False equivalency. You mean like equating a$$hole parking to a MAGA hat?
stealthee is offline  
Old 08-20-2018, 07:53 AM
  #35  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14,295
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,161 Posts
Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
False equivalency. You mean like equating a$$hole parking to a MAGA hat?
Perhaps. One is annoying, while the other is treasonous. Good point, stealthee.

However, the psychosis of the latter makes them uniquely predisposed to the former.
Rochester is online now  
Old 08-20-2018, 08:52 AM
  #36  
Lego_Maniac
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,564
Thanked 413 Times in 358 Posts
Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
You mean like equating a$$hole parking to a MAGA hat?
That's how I interpreted the comment as well.

Just remember, pretty much 50% of the country disagrees with your political opinion, regardless of which side you're on
Lego_Maniac is online now  
Old 08-20-2018, 09:47 AM
  #37  
ANMVQ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
ANMVQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Framingham Ma,
Posts: 6,075
Thanked 373 Times in 326 Posts
@Absinthe
, Id encourage an in person dialog, but be prepared for ego, bluster and self entitlement.

^^ This would never happen, Because I do not have patients for these people, and I would wind up in trouble :/. Again we all "Get it" that some people belvei they deserve special treatments or think their car is the KING of all cars, but to park like a DONK is something different.

Like all of us here we take very good car of our cars, park them in spots that are out of the way and away from the general public, because the most of them SUX and have no regard for other peoples property. But I'd bet we don't park like this.
ANMVQ is offline  
Old 08-20-2018, 10:09 AM
  #38  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14,295
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,161 Posts
A few years ago, I was stopped at a light down a highway off ramp. Two lanes over was a nasty looking dude in a rusty truck with familiar "Fck Cuomo" ammosexual sticker on his window. He was having a very animated conversation on his cell phone. Whatever possessed me to do this, I don't know, but I called out, "Get off you phone!". Suddenly, Bubba looked directly at me with freaking murder in his eyes, and proceeded to get out of his vehicle. Thank god his truck started to roll forward, and he scrambled to get back in and take control before it rolled into traffic. OMG.

Was I at fault for triggering him? No, of course not. Would it have been prudent not to trigger him? Absolutely.

MAGA
Rochester is online now  
Old 08-20-2018, 02:08 PM
  #39  
blnewt
Administr8r&DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: (12)
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 24,601
Thanked 4,737 Times in 4,035 Posts
I've pretty much always hated political discussions w/ folks that you aren't sure of their political affiliation, it rarely ends well, and in these beyond-crazy times you've really got to be careful.
MAGA~Margaritas Are Great Always!
blnewt is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
ngolbuff (08-21-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 02:25 PM
  #40  
RMB5190
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,228
Thanked 268 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
I've pretty much always hated political discussions w/ folks that you aren't sure of their political affiliation, it rarely ends well, and in these beyond-crazy times you've really got to be careful.
MAGA~Margaritas Are Great Always!
I can get behind this
RMB5190 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RMB5190 For This Useful Post:
blnewt (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 02:37 PM
  #41  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14,295
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,161 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
I've pretty much always hated political discussions w/ folks that you aren't sure of their political affiliation, it rarely ends well, and in these beyond-crazy times you've really got to be careful.
MAGA~Margaritas Are Great Always!
On the contrary, Brad, political debate can be fun. However, this moment in frightening American history, this isn't politics. This is something much more important, and much more dangerous. But I'm hopeful it ends well, irrespective of the damage done, and that people reap what they sow.

And I'll take that margarita. I love margaritas.
Rochester is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rochester For This Useful Post:
blnewt (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 02:49 PM
  #42  
RMB5190
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,228
Thanked 268 Times in 241 Posts
Salt on the rim please
RMB5190 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RMB5190 For This Useful Post:
Rochester (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 03:07 PM
  #43  
Jsolo
Insane & Delirious
iTrader: (14)
 
Jsolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago, 2012 G37S Sedan 6MT
Posts: 4,977
Thanked 360 Times in 305 Posts
I wonder if the DMV will allow a license plate "RTFM" ....



Apparently it is...

Last edited by Jsolo; 08-20-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Jsolo is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 09:29 AM
  #44  
VQ_Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So if this happens to you in a busy mall parking lot, what you do is ziptie shopping carts to the handle of the car.. it's cruel but we'll deserved 😂
VQ_Life is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 03:55 PM
  #45  
Absinthe
Registered User
 
Absinthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 449
Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=ANMVQ;4211349]@Absinthe
, Id encourage an in person dialog, but be prepared for ego, bluster and self entitlement.

^^ This would never happen, Because I do not have patients for these people, and I would wind up in trouble :/. Again we all "Get it" that some people belvei they deserve special treatments or think their car is the KING of all cars, but to park like a DONK is something different.

Yeah, Im kinda with you on the in-person dialog but then again "no body, no crime"
Absinthe is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.