Notices

WOW Parking

Old 08-19-2018, 06:39 PM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

Received 2,819 Likes on 2,192 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

I've been out of pocket for a couple of days, so please excuse the tardiness of this reply.

The MAGA comment had everything to do with politics and little to do with ethics. You are equating Trump supporters with ***-hat egotistical parking practitioners. This does not compute. Your comment would have been just as cutting without the MAGA mention, so you purposefully injected politics into the the thread. In the future, please limit these political interjections to the Lounge. Thank you.
My comment cut exactly right.

There's a running theme from people like that, that somehow they're the victems of intolerance for their opinions or their perceived rights. Thing is, you can't insist on tolerance for intolerance... that's a non-sequitur, buddy. And you simply can't embrace something that is so demonstrably indecent and undignified, and still lay claim to righteous intent, or whitewash this moment in history as "politics". So I'll say it again, this has everything to do with a lack of morality and a disregard for ethics, it is most certainly NOT a political consideration.

Learn the difference. Be better.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:12 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 624 Likes on 550 Posts
You are wrong. However, we could sit here typing until dooms day and neither will persuade the other from their position, so I've said my piece and will move on.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:30 AM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
You are wrong. However, we could sit here typing until dooms day and neither will persuade the other from their position, so I've said my piece and will move on.
False equivalency is the conciliatory argument of a moral coward. We see a lot of that these days.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:41 AM
stealthee

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post

False equivalency is the conciliatory argument of a moral coward. We see a lot of that these days.
False equivalency. You mean like equating a$$hole parking to a MAGA hat?
Old 08-20-2018, 07:53 AM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
False equivalency. You mean like equating a$$hole parking to a MAGA hat?
Perhaps. One is annoying, while the other is treasonous. Good point, stealthee.

However, the psychosis of the latter makes them uniquely predisposed to the former.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:52 AM
Lego_Maniac

Received 413 Likes on 358 Posts
Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
You mean like equating a$$hole parking to a MAGA hat?
That's how I interpreted the comment as well.

Just remember, pretty much 50% of the country disagrees with your political opinion, regardless of which side you're on
Old 08-20-2018, 09:47 AM
ANMVQ

Received 375 Likes on 328 Posts
@Absinthe
, Id encourage an in person dialog, but be prepared for ego, bluster and self entitlement.

^^ This would never happen, Because I do not have patients for these people, and I would wind up in trouble :/. Again we all "Get it" that some people belvei they deserve special treatments or think their car is the KING of all cars, but to park like a DONK is something different.

Like all of us here we take very good car of our cars, park them in spots that are out of the way and away from the general public, because the most of them SUX and have no regard for other peoples property. But I'd bet we don't park like this.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:09 AM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

A few years ago, I was stopped at a light down a highway off ramp. Two lanes over was a nasty looking dude in a rusty truck with familiar "Fck Cuomo" ammosexual sticker on his window. He was having a very animated conversation on his cell phone. Whatever possessed me to do this, I don't know, but I called out, "Get off you phone!". Suddenly, Bubba looked directly at me with freaking murder in his eyes, and proceeded to get out of his vehicle. Thank god his truck started to roll forward, and he scrambled to get back in and take control before it rolled into traffic. OMG.

Was I at fault for triggering him? No, of course not. Would it have been prudent not to trigger him? Absolutely.

MAGA
Old 08-20-2018, 02:08 PM
blnewt
Administr8r&DIY cheapsk8

Received 4,786 Likes on 4,076 Posts
I've pretty much always hated political discussions w/ folks that you aren't sure of their political affiliation, it rarely ends well, and in these beyond-crazy times you've really got to be careful.
MAGA~Margaritas Are Great Always!
The following users liked this post:
ngolbuff (08-21-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 02:25 PM
RMB5190

Received 274 Likes on 245 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
I've pretty much always hated political discussions w/ folks that you aren't sure of their political affiliation, it rarely ends well, and in these beyond-crazy times you've really got to be careful.
I can get behind this
blnewt (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 02:37 PM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
On the contrary, Brad, political debate can be fun. However, this moment in frightening American history, this isn't politics. This is something much more important, and much more dangerous. But I'm hopeful it ends well, irrespective of the damage done, and that people reap what they sow.

And I'll take that margarita. I love margaritas.
blnewt (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 02:49 PM
RMB5190

Received 274 Likes on 245 Posts
Salt on the rim please
Rochester (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 03:07 PM
Jsolo
Insane & Delirious

Received 366 Likes on 311 Posts
I wonder if the DMV will allow a license plate "RTFM" ....

Apparently it is...

Last edited by Jsolo; 08-20-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:29 AM
VQ_Life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if this happens to you in a busy mall parking lot, what you do is ziptie shopping carts to the handle of the car.. it's cruel but we'll deserved 😂
Old 08-25-2018, 03:55 PM
Absinthe

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=ANMVQ;4211349]@Absinthe
, Id encourage an in person dialog, but be prepared for ego, bluster and self entitlement.

^^ This would never happen, Because I do not have patients for these people, and I would wind up in trouble :/. Again we all "Get it" that some people belvei they deserve special treatments or think their car is the KING of all cars, but to park like a DONK is something different.

Yeah, Im kinda with you on the in-person dialog but then again "no body, no crime"

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.