WOW Parking - Page 2 - MyG37

Notices

WOW Parking

Old 08-17-2018, 02:35 PM
RMB5190

Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
Does that car leave before you? If so, park alongside so he can't get out until you leave.

I don't have a MAGA hat, but I'd wear it if I did. Lesson here? Keep politics to The Lounge.
I'm inclined to agree with this passive aggressive maneuver, people who park like that obviously don't care about anyone but themselves and wouldn't give a second thought to doing something to your car in retaliation...

...but would be raising hell if you touched their vehicle.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:41 PM
RMB5190

Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
My buddies and I used to do this when we would visit our local bar that one of them worked at. It was always night time and it started a trend as eventually the dudes with huge trucks joined in on the "hey look at us" parking job lol

Ah being young.

To the topic though, in a busy work environment, this is stupid. lol and yea its a fake GT500

edit: Those cards are great. I need some. Just the other day, in a totally empty parking garage, some POS Camry with crash marks all over it, parking next to ME and at an angle where I KNOW he struggled getting out of his car. So I checked my car for dings or paint exchange, and there it was, totally clean black paint where he wiped away at as to check and make sure nothing terrible happened. Thankfully, nothing terrible did happen. Now there is just a clean spot....
My friend and I did the same thing when I was in school. Thought my first car was a Maseratti....you know how it is.

I have no idea why an enthusiast would do the fake badge set-up. Any car guy/gal will notice and think you're a scrub and anybody who can't tell the difference doesn't care enough about cars to give you the approval/attention you're looking for.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,161 Posts
When I was a kid, I had a '67 Plymouth Fury as a winter car. There were times when I wasn't shy about parking it on the line next to a car like this Stang. Never over the line, but you know... just enough. And since that Mopar was a monstrously long vehicle, it made a pretty good immovable object, one that I didn't care what happened to it, save for a flat tire, I suppose. That never happened.

Point being, I would never park any of my cars in someone else's way. Not out of respect for a double-parker, but out of respect for my car and a desire to keep it undamaged.

But driving a junker can be a lot of freedom.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rochester For This Useful Post:
ANMVQ (08-17-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 02:53 PM
ANMVQ

Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
Does that car leave before you? If so, park alongside so he can't get out until you leave.

I don't have a MAGA hat, but I'd wear it if I did. Lesson here? Keep politics to The Lounge.

This I don't know and wouldn't even if I knew just in case they left early, Like above they'd probably wack my car, I parked close but hey have enough room to leave.

To John's point if I drove in the QX4, They would not be able to leave with out backing over the curb behind the car. The QX4 is not a beater but has marks of a 17 year old car and another ding wouldn't kill me
Old 08-17-2018, 05:03 PM
Banshee

Originally Posted by RMB5190 View Post
My friend and I did the same thing when I was in school. Thought my first car was a Maseratti....you know how it is.

I have no idea why an enthusiast would do the fake badge set-up. Any car guy/gal will notice and think you're a scrub and anybody who can't tell the difference doesn't care enough about cars to give you the approval/attention you're looking for.
I did it in my 1991 Celica and my 1997 SC300. Both were clean and tasteful so I didn't just look like some jackass lol
Maserati eh? Nice!
Old 08-18-2018, 06:49 PM
RMB5190

lol, I treated it like it was....more like a Mazda-rati*
Old 08-18-2018, 08:45 PM
Lego_Maniac

Originally Posted by Rochester View Post

Point being, I would never park any of my cars in someone else's way. Not out of respect for a double-parker, but out of respect for my car and a desire to keep it undamaged.
I work with a guy, let's call him Stan, who one day, after returning from lunch, found a car parked in his spot. As a VP, he had a reserved spot, anyway, Stan simply pulled his Tahoe lengthwise behind the parking spot thief. Because Stan had an end spot, nobody else was blocked.

Fast forward 30 minute, and I'm in Stan's office for a casual meeting, and his phone keeps ringing 'Front Desk', after a few calls, I asked if he wanted to take the call. He said something along the lines of 'No, it's just security calling to tell me I blocked in whoever took my parking spot. Figured I'd wait as least an hour from the first phone call'. I LOLd, but I could never be that big of a dic* even if I really wanted to. But I found a lot of humor in Stan doing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lego_Maniac For This Useful Post:
ANMVQ (08-20-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 10:09 PM
blnewt
Administr8r&DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,737 Times in 4,035 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac View Post
I work with a guy, let's call him Stan, who one day, after returning from lunch, found a car parked in his spot. As a VP, he had a reserved spot, anyway, Stan simply pulled his Tahoe lengthwise behind the parking spot thief. Because Stan had an end spot, nobody else was blocked.

Fast forward 30 minute, and I'm in Stan's office for a casual meeting, and his phone keeps ringing 'Front Desk', after a few calls, I asked if he wanted to take the call. He said something along the lines of 'No, it's just security calling to tell me I blocked in whoever took my parking spot. Figured I'd wait as least an hour from the first phone call'. I LOLd, but I could never be that big of a dic* even if I really wanted to. But I found a lot of humor in Stan doing it.
I'm in on Stan's fan club!
Old 08-18-2018, 11:29 PM
iCrap

There's a guy at my office who parks his Mercedes SL just like this.. every single day. So annoying.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:53 AM
Absinthe

Originally Posted by ANMVQ View Post
OK seriously WHO parks like this in a office park lot that is always full! Never mind the fact they do not work in the office and work for Homeworks whos office is on the other side of town and parks they trucks in the back part of the lot, or the fact that I have been using that space for 5+ years! Eh can't stand ignorant people.
As much as I hate to say it (as I used to drive a Mustang way back when), but look at the car and understand the driver believes he and his car are special and are deserving special considerations above all the other drivers on the road (or parking lot). These are the individuals that often have numerous insurance claims for body damage caused by keys, lung wrenches, screwdrivers and other sharp instruments. If you want to find out his motivations and announce your displeasure, Id encourage an in person dialog, but be prepared for ego, bluster and self entitlement.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:08 AM
mikep

Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
but look at the car and understand the driver believes he and his car are special and are deserving special considerations above all the other drivers on the road (or parking lot).
Yeah....everyone understands that.......
The point is he's a ****in *******
Old 08-19-2018, 07:57 AM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,161 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap View Post
There's a guy at my office who parks his Mercedes SL just like this.. every single day. So annoying.
I used to work at an office park where the CEO of one of the other companies there used to stud park his Merc SL across two (!!!) handicap spots, right outside the door. It was infuriating. Fortunately, he would only show up a few hours a week. There wasn't a person in the building who didn't comment about it, or look at him with disdain. Didn't matter, he had no shame at all.

People without class, buying classy cars and McMansions. People without decorum or dignity, demanding loyalty from their employees. These people dance on a thin line between being excentric and being a sociopath.

Speaking of exotics, have you ever noticed how Ferrari owners create their own parking space where there is none? Along the curb, across a no-parking zone, on the lawn... Not that I see a lot of Ferraris around here, but when I do, they park like kings. Exotic cars, golden toilets... you know the type. So much insecurity, the mind reels at the fail.

Last edited by Rochester; 08-19-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:06 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Since this is a silly rant thread, the issue here is ethics. And my analogy was also about ethics, not politics. The difference couldn't possibly be any more obvious. My god. Looked at another way, every unethical decision is an opportunity to become a better person. So in that context, I'd say people who think this is simply politics have a wealth of opportunities at their disposal.
I've been out of pocket for a couple of days, so please excuse the tardiness of this reply.

The MAGA comment had everything to do with politics and little to do with ethics. You are equating Trump supporters with ***-hat egotistical parking practitioners. This does not compute. Your comment would have been just as cutting without the MAGA mention, so you purposefully injected politics into the the thread. In the future, please limit these political interjections to the Lounge. Thank you.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:09 PM
Huaniitoo

I need to carry those cards around lol
Old 08-19-2018, 06:13 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Don't know why I didn't move this earlier. Would have saved some aggravation.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.