How do you guys react to fellow Infiniti or G37 drivers? - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > The Lounge OT > The Lounge (Off Topic)
Reload this Page >

How do you guys react to fellow Infiniti or G37 drivers?

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 02:14 AM
General Grim

Just curious here. I tend to ignore fellow Infiniti and G37 owners. I noticed in my area that the majority of Infiniti owners are one of the rudest and aggressive drivers on the road. I never truly noticed this until I bought my G37. The city I live has some pretty active car meets and most of the obnoxious drivers out here drive Infinitis; mostly G35 and G37 coupes. I remember watching the local news one night and it showed a couple of G37s and Q50s holding up traffic in the highway doing burn outs in celebration of a World Cup victory. I enjoy spirited driving from time to time but I understand there is a time and a place for it. I clearly remember being Tail gated by an FX37 in the highway even when I was in the slow lane. It was around 1am on my way home and there was pretty much no traffic. I put the car on cruise control at 70 and this FX just went up behind me tailgating. He could have passed in the fast or middle lane which was empty but for some reason decided acted like a jack ***. I moved to the middle lane and he just sped up away. I know there are bad drivers who drive every car brand but I am curious what your experiences are.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:49 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Dammm im in Ottawa and most of the g37 I've seen here are older adults and most are not aggressive with their cars
Old 07-02-2018, 05:27 AM
ngolbuff

Unless they are driving like an idiot as you previously said, I usually will give them a wave of some sort. This only acknowledges that we both own a G37. Somewhat like the Jeeps have their wave to all Jeeps, I would like to think that I try to wave to all G37's. This is mainly because I am not around very many of them (which is good and bad....my car is unique in my smaller city, but they are harder to find for a small meetup).
Old 07-02-2018, 07:46 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

I say in my head "Damn that person knows how to pick a car" hahaha. But usually only wave or knod if its got some work a lot of older people with G37's here in NY and in NY not many of the older people are friendly.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

i see them looking as im driving towards them then they go ahead and pretend like they dont see me its rare for someone to wave at me
Old 07-02-2018, 09:04 AM
projectpanda13

I usually wave or nod at other G/Z drivers here in Atlanta. Though I have noticed that there are some drivers, like Vizard said, who will look at my car and pretend they weren't looking as they pull next to me or pass me.
Latez
Old 07-02-2018, 10:36 AM
stiizy

I nod or give them the peace sign. The Q50 boys ignore me or stare at me like I'm stupid for trying to show some love.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Slowg37x

Usually the younger people with sedans are pretty cool I've talked to a few where I stay. There's a nice selection of modded sedans here(Omaha, NE), but I usually only see them passing by. Coupe owners always act like they're to cool to speak to you. An example would be me asking a local g35 owner what his exhaust was and he said don't worry about it lol later lost to a 15 wrx . My G is still stock, but I'm considering picking up a few things so that I can stand out a little bit. Why can't we start the jeep wave or nod for the Gs?
Old 07-02-2018, 12:00 PM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Originally Posted by Slowg37x View Post
Usually the younger people with sedans are pretty cool I've talked to a few where I stay. There's a nice selection of modded sedans here(Omaha, NE), but I usually only see them passing by. Coupe owners always act like they're to cool to speak to you. An example would be me asking a local g35 owner what his exhaust was and he said don't worry about it lol later lost to a 15 wrx . My G is still stock, but I'm considering picking up a few things so that I can stand out a little bit. Why can't we start the jeep wave or nod for the Gs?
HAHA I had a kid in a G25x staring me down at a light the other day like i killed his dog and he sped off on the green looking back every second and must not have noticed my blinker on to make a right LMAOO
Old 07-02-2018, 12:06 PM
JustROLLIN

Almost every G is an older person driving it, at least in my area. For any Z or modded G though, I will usually try and give a nod or a wave. People typically respond in kind.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:36 PM
Slowg37x

Originally Posted by DollHouz View Post
HAHA I had a kid in a G25x staring me down at a light the other day like i killed his dog and he sped off on the green looking back every second and must not have noticed my blinker on to make a right LMAOO
must've been the red interior! . I was in a similar situation before when cruising with my friend in the wrx, the kid revved at us and then ran through a red light
Old 07-02-2018, 01:05 PM
SkyG37

must've been the red interior! . I was in a similar situation before when cruising with my friend in the wrx, the kid revved at us and then ran through a red light
Well, in the bay area California, I feel like they're more modded G35s and 350z then G37. Definitely more modded G37 coupes over Sedans. But usually when i do see a modded g37, our way of saying hi to each other is downshifting and doing a little pull . This way, our exhaust says hi. If he or I follows doing a tiny pull, that's his way of saying hi .

Then the windows get rolled down, smiles and nods exchange, and we go about our day.

​​​​​​
Old 07-02-2018, 01:11 PM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

HAH I'm all about a friendly "race" but when people take it too serious on main roads it gets WAY too dangerous
Old 07-02-2018, 02:33 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Street racing stories are prohibited here and will get you perma-banned. Read the FAQ.

I will usually make an obvious effort to let the other know I see him/her (no hand signals, though), but I'm usually ignored.

I'm an older owner but I still drive a bit aggressively on the freeway when traffic starts to slow down, but not when it becomes stop-and-go. I also take it easy in neighborhoods. Kids and pets just don't look for traffic.

God, I wished we used Germany's licensing system. There are a bunch of really stupid drivers out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to slartibartfast For This Useful Post:
KAHBOOM (07-06-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 03:13 PM
General Grim

Ever since the Gs became more affordable I noticed more and more people driving them where I live. I think there are two common types of G owners. Those boy racers who think their cars are the fastest on the road or the 30k a year millionaires who think they own the road because they drive a luxury car the same way a lot of BMW and Benz drivers behave.
LOL! did not mean to cause trouble here. I was just curious if your experiences is similar to mine. It actually kills my day when I see another Infiniti G in the road. I guess it is time to smack on some Nissan and 370GT badges haha!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you guys react to fellow Infiniti or G37 drivers?

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.