How do you guys react to fellow Infiniti or G37 drivers? - Page 2 - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > The Lounge OT > The Lounge (Off Topic)
Reload this Page >

How do you guys react to fellow Infiniti or G37 drivers?

Notices

How do you guys react to fellow Infiniti or G37 drivers?

Old 07-02-2018, 03:53 PM
maskedbuilder

I live in los angeles, most people that drives gs and qs are just moms lol
Old 07-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Lego_Maniac

I see a lot of Gs. 99% of which are non-enthusiasts driving a stock G37.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:33 PM
takemorepills

I would ignore a sedan unless it was done up. I generally try and give a "nod of approval" to the coupes around here, most are well kept and/or modded a bit (mine isn't modded at all). Really, it takes a pretty damned determined soul to drive such an impractical car, you gotta appreciate these coupes at least a little bit to own one.

I also have a 2016 GTI, lots of fellow VW guys (usually flat-bills) will acknowledge the GTI. I parked next to a female at Starbucks a few weeks ago who had the same kind of GTI as mine, and I said "hey, nice car!" and she scoffed at me followed up by a super-hard eye-roll. Kind of soured me on trying to be cool to people who like the same car as me. I kind of feel people in my area are just huge a-holes anyways.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Lego_Maniac

Originally Posted by takemorepills View Post
I kind of feel people are just huge a-holes anyways.
Fixed
Old 07-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Jsolo
Insane & Delirious

If you want others to wave back, get a motorcycle. In most areas, even the cruiser folk will wave back to the sport bike rider.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:32 AM
Slowg37x

Originally Posted by General Grim View Post
Ever since the Gs became more affordable I noticed more and more people driving them where I live. I think there are two common types of G owners. Those boy racers who think their cars are the fastest on the road or the 30k a year millionaires who think they own the road because they drive a luxury car the same way a lot of BMW and Benz drivers behave.
LOL! did not mean to cause trouble here. I was just curious if your experiences is similar to mine. It actually kills my day when I see another Infiniti G in the road. I guess it is time to smack on some Nissan and 370GT badges haha!
I say go for it man LMAO you'll definitely be the talk of the town then, one way or another. .This thread just turned my day around, thanks for the laughs I needed them. I also did not want to cause trouble just trying to share my experience.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:20 PM
saywat?

i jus ignore unless its a nicely done g maybe id nod but they usually arent. in my area its the american cars that are douches. everyday around the same time the same idiot does the same revving thing down the street.i jus dont get it
Old 07-05-2018, 08:51 PM
General Grim

Originally Posted by takemorepills View Post
I would ignore a sedan unless it was done up. I generally try and give a "nod of approval" to the coupes around here, most are well kept and/or modded a bit (mine isn't modded at all). Really, it takes a pretty damned determined soul to drive such an impractical car, you gotta appreciate these coupes at least a little bit to own one.

I also have a 2016 GTI, lots of fellow VW guys (usually flat-bills) will acknowledge the GTI. I parked next to a female at Starbucks a few weeks ago who had the same kind of GTI as mine, and I said "hey, nice car!" and she scoffed at me followed up by a super-hard eye-roll. Kind of soured me on trying to be cool to people who like the same car as me. I kind of feel people in my area are just huge a-holes anyways.
That girl's attitude is very typical here in CA. You see a lot of those self entitled women driving luxury cars thinking they own the road. In reality most make minimum wage and bought their car with high mileage pre-owned lol. It seems like being an a-hole is normal in today's world. Being cool and friendly is frowned upon or misinterpreted. Oh well! Just got home and seen the same attitude from G drivers haha.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:54 PM
General Grim

Originally Posted by Jsolo View Post
If you want others to wave back, get a motorcycle. In most areas, even the cruiser folk will wave back to the sport bike rider.
I used to ride a CBR 600RR and most riders here won't wave unless you wave first. Some do wave back, but most just glance at you and look away. I tell you they are on a serious ego trip thinking they are too good for everyone lol.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:46 PM
saywat?

sometimes its jus awkard and weird and not about being stuck up. but for me i just dont want to or feel the need to lol. and a lot of the ones on the road arent enthusiasts so they dont really care that u have the same car lol
Old 07-05-2018, 10:49 PM
f1oyd

Originally Posted by projectpanda13 View Post
I usually wave or nod at other G/Z drivers here in Atlanta. Though I have noticed that there are some drivers, like Vizard said, who will look at my car and pretend they weren't looking as they pull next to me or pass me.
Latez
ATL represent!
Old 07-05-2018, 11:24 PM
takemorepills

Originally Posted by General Grim View Post
That girl's attitude is very typical here in CA. You see a lot of those self entitled women driving luxury cars thinking they own the road. In reality most make minimum wage and bought their car with high mileage pre-owned lol. It seems like being an a-hole is normal in today's world. Being cool and friendly is frowned upon or misinterpreted. Oh well! Just got home and seen the same attitude from G drivers haha.
That's our misery in Washington state, all of these California refugees come here and bring the worst of California with them (I'm being political here).
Old 07-06-2018, 10:38 AM
Hashim
Super Moderator

I seem to notice at least three types around here when driving:

1. unmodded older people/people that don't care = no interaction

2. modded mostly x models with big rims and lots of plastidip = they are too busy blowing by/cutting traffic aggressively, they don't notice me as far as I can tell so no interaction, it may be because my I look like I'm in category 1. (although I just got my windows tinted so this may change)

3. moded S models = usually the only ones that notice my car at all, usually just pull up/short stop along side me, give each other a nod and check out the cars while at a light...

of course these are generalizations and there are tons of exceptions...but those have been my interactions with people while driving so far,

When not driving, even the category 2. guys tend to be really nice and are just excited about the hobby/the car and everyone loves to chat about their car a bit
Old 07-07-2018, 01:04 AM
evil-G-nius

I used to see the same coupe on my commute before I changed jobs...he and I would just flash high beams to acknowledge each other and that was about it. No real need for much more
Old 07-07-2018, 03:05 AM
John Hannon

Iíve only ever seen 2 G37ís on the road in the UK!!
Im only a couple of weeks into G37 ownership myself so Iíll let you know what happens if I ever see another.

I used to drive a Morgan, the other Morgan drivers where brilliant, flashing lights, waving arms and shouting hello to each other😊

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you guys react to fellow Infiniti or G37 drivers?

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.