Rough Few Days - MyG37

Rough Few Days

Old 10-11-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
evil-G-nius

Rough Few Days

I'm sure some of you have seen that Northern California has been up in flames since Sunday. My town is especially hit hard and I myself have been directly effected multiple times. My parents house, their home of 15 yrs, burned to the ground Sunday night and they lost everything. They managed to get both cars out, some jewelry and that's about it. . On top of it all my mom's uncle died Friday and now she can't make his funeral. My god sister's mom lost her apartment and all of her belongings are gone as well. Several of my family friends and some coworkers of mine and my wife's lost everything. The silver lining thus far is that my place is still standing even though a neighborhood just 2 minutes away from me is gone. We are not allowed to go up to where the house used to be yet so that is gonna be another hard day. Knowing your home is destroyed and seeing it are 2 different things. My parents will be moving in with me with their dog...it will be an adjustment but its my turn to take care of them. My town looks like a war zone & the air is filled with smoke. Our cars, houses and yards are covered with ash and debris. We keep finding reminders of others that have lost all of their things as well. Pictures with burned edges, pages from year books mostly burnt up, personal drawings have all blown into our neighborhood. I simply wanted to vent...its a little therapeutic. I am just tired, heartbroken, hungry, dirty but we are hanging in there. Any prayers for my town of Santa Rosa will be greatly appreciated. Thanx guys
evil-G-nius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #2
micafd3s

its cliche but... as long as noone got hurt.. material things can be replaced..
hope it all works out for you and your family.. and everyone affected..
micafd3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
hurleyguys

my thoughts are with you and your family. i am glad most of your family is alive and well. i have seen pics and it looks crazy. get some rest, have a good dinner with your family, and drink a beer.
hurleyguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:22 AM   #4
RMB5190

Hang in there man. Sorry to hear about your family's hardships but you guys are there for each other and it's all anyone's really got at the end of the day. Stay strong for them, they need it.
RMB5190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,286 Times in 3,641 Posts
Been thinking about you and what you've been going through. Trying to visualize where most of the damage has happened. Looks like Hopper Ave area really got hit terribly hard.
When we lived there that was the outskirts of town but I know much has been built around that area since.

Sure hope they're able to get that beast contained, and keep us posted on your situation, prayers are with you
blnewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #6
PNW_IPL

Sending thoughts and prayers to those afflicted.
Stay up.
PNW_IPL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #7
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Damn holy crap sorry to hear this buddy, hope all goes well.
Vizard_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #8
SkyG37

Prayers to you and your family. Living in the peninsula by Millbrae, the sky was literally gray and foggy due to the smoke. Looking like a war zone is a perfect description. Just Google the before and after images. I'm truly sorry for your loss though 100%. A few of my friends lost their homes as well by Napa.

I hope you and your family get through this. Myself being a senior college student, I cannot provide much but if you do need anything, I'll do my best to help out as I am just across the bridge.

Prayers to you brother.
SkyG37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #9
G37_4DR

So sorry to learn of the difficult chapter you and your family are navigating through at the moment. Please be encouraged by the fellow forum members who are lifting you up in their thoughts and prayers. We appreciate you sharing this with us and please keep us posted with any updates.
G37_4DR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #10
Invaderzim

Wow. Sorry to hear that times are hitting a low spot for you all. Best wishes to you and your family for a strong and speedy return to better times.
Invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:29 AM   #11
evil-G-nius

Thank you all for the kind words. I'll put up some pics in a bit, there are a couple on my IG from the evacuation day. We are all hanging in there, I have been trying to keep busy. We have not been allowed up to the house yet so that will be a rough day as well I know. Our power came back on last night after being out since like 2am Monday morning. Still no gas, but I have my grill and a microwave so we can cook some stuff. Took a quick drive to see the damage in my neighborhood and let me tell you it was too damn close. Literally a 1 minute drive to the fire line! The crazy thing is there were some houses completely destroyed and just across the street...nothing. I took one picture where a house was burned to the ground, the fence was torched and the neighbor's house was untouched. Not even bubbled paint...so damn weird. I'll keep you guys updated and again, from the bottom of my broken heart...Thank you guys!
Old 10-15-2017, 12:41 PM   #12
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,286 Times in 3,641 Posts
I've seen the updated overhead maps of the damaged areas, just crazy! So many areas devastated then complete areas untouched, followed by another huger area of total loss.

Great to hear that you ended up without damage, but this isn't something you can get closure with anytime soon. Hope your friends and people you deal with often also came out ok, I'm sure you know plenty that are in really bad shape. Thoughts go out to all in that community and that entire NorCal area, just horrific.
blnewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:48 PM   #13
evil-G-nius

The community up here has been banding together which has been really good to see. I personally know like 12-15 people that lost everything so the heartache extends past my immediate family. The plus is all of my people are safe which is more than I can say for some families. Its going to be a long recovery and I know more sadness is on the horizon when we go up to my parents place to see what we can salvage. But we are taking it day by day currently. Thank you guys for all your support and kind words!
The Following User Says Thank You to evil-G-nius For This Useful Post:
blnewt (10-15-2017)