Notices

Cryptocurrency - Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 03:43 PM
telcoman

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts
Buffett on cryptocurrencies: 'I can say almost with certainty that they will come to a bad ending'

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/buff...end-badly.html

I have to agree with Warren

Telcoman
Old 01-13-2018, 03:54 PM
clutchfan

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman View Post
Buffett on cryptocurrencies: 'I can say almost with certainty that they will come to a bad ending'

Telcoman
He's no Nostradamus. Of course it will crash, but it will go back up. And it won't just be cyrptocurrencies. Stocks too are at an all time high. With Trump's new tax cut, something is going to give. Remember Bush Tax cut?

All those cut plus all those spending. It's going to crash hard. Better pull out now while you are up. And buy at after the crash.

My guess is sometime next year or even earlier after Trump's policies goes into effect.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:38 PM
JohnnysG

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Telcoman

LOL --- you do realize buffet is a dinosaur? and he openly admitted he knows nothing about technology?
Old 01-17-2018, 08:36 PM
saywat?

Received 230 Likes on 205 Posts
so news said bitcoin loss half its value today
Old 01-18-2018, 06:01 PM
ZahyMatar

Received 329 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat? View Post
so news said bitcoin loss half its value today
BUY THE DIP

Picked up some more ETH at a discount yesterday
Old 01-22-2018, 05:52 PM
AARONHL

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
....meanwhile AMZN is on a nice rip....
Old 01-22-2018, 08:45 PM
saywat?

so crypto currencies being hacked by the millions recently.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:53 AM
telcoman

Originally Posted by JohnnysG View Post
LOL --- you do realize buffet is a dinosaur? and he openly admitted he knows nothing about technology?
So am I, but he knows how to analyze a corporate balance sheet and understand the business that they are in and what the value is.
If you can't explain what is behind the value of bitcoin one should not invest their hard earned money in something they do not understand.
Compare an investment in bitcoin to one in Apple, Netflix, or a S&P 500 ETF
S&P 500 ETF is a much safer investment IMHO and it pays a dividend for income.

Telcoman
Old 01-23-2018, 01:52 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 624 Likes on 550 Posts
If you can't explain what is behind the value of bitcoin one should not invest their hard earned money in something they do not understand.
This.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:38 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,215 Posts
I have a serious question for bitcoin and all cryptocurrency investors: how much does it have to tank before you sell? No snark, I'm not being facetious. I would really like to know what you the exit plan looks like for someone who puts money into this as an investment. Serious question.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:23 PM
saywat?

the funny thing is u dont hear much about people cashing it out. all you hear about is people invest and the investment grew. the process of cashing seems very long and complicated with almost no guarantee that it will be done on time or at all. seems sites go down often when mining is being done a lot or some **** like that. im just going by what i read and kinda understand. and if the digital key (password) u used for ur currency is lost ur fked and no way to even get ur money out of it at all lol. i dont even think theres tech support for it to help
The following users liked this post:
AARONHL (01-29-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 01:29 PM
AARONHL

Bitcoin at 7k !!!!!
Old 02-06-2018, 07:36 AM
telcoman

Originally Posted by saywat? View Post
the funny thing is u dont hear much about people cashing it out. all you hear about is people invest and the investment grew. the process of cashing seems very long and complicated with almost no guarantee that it will be done on time or at all. seems sites go down often when mining is being done a lot or some **** like that. im just going by what i read and kinda understand. and if the digital key (password) u used for ur currency is lost ur fked and no way to even get ur money out of it at all lol. i dont even think theres tech support for it to help
Over $550 billion wiped off cryptocurrencies since record high just under a month ago

• Over $550 billion of value has been wiped off the entire cryptocurrency market in just under a month.
  • Bitcoin is off around 70 percent from its all time-high hit in mid-December and its market capitalization has fallen $233.5 billion since then.
  • Both ethereum and ripple are also significantly off of their record highs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/06/bitc...cord-high.html

Telcoman
Old 02-06-2018, 07:53 AM
sam24th

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty View Post
I have a serious question for bitcoin and all cryptocurrency investors: how much does it have to tank before you sell? No snark, I'm not being facetious. I would really like to know what you the exit plan looks like for someone who puts money into this as an investment. Serious question.
I've cashed out a ton of my money when it was at a high. I took all of my initial invest plus about 50% profit and then left the rest to ride. I bought into this stuff soo low that, ripple would have to hit 12 cents, bitcoin hit 5k, and tron hit half a penny for me to lose anything. I never had an exit plan, mostly just invested about a year ago on a gamble, and then took out 75% of it when it doubled in value. Left the rest to see what happens. I do invest in other bluechips as well as put money into 401k etc.

As for cashing out, its not that difficult to be honest. The most costly way is to send it to coinbase and then exchange it for USD. You can generally exchange it on other exchanges for less money, but coinbase is the easiest fr new comers. I also have a cryptocurrency card that basically allows me to make purchases as if it was a creditcard. That was probably the easiest if you want to spend it at walmart or any name brand store.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:56 PM
AARONHL

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.