Cryptocurrency - Discussion - Page 2 - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > The Lounge OT > The Lounge (Off Topic)
Reload this Page >

Cryptocurrency - Discussion

Notices

Cryptocurrency - Discussion

Old 12-12-2017, 09:08 PM
  #16  
AARONHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: ɷ Connecticut ɷ
Posts: 347
Thanked 44 Times in 43 Posts
NOPEEEE TD Bank just blocked the transaction
AARONHL is offline  
Old 12-13-2017, 12:49 AM
  #17  
CF4714
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 38
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Bought Litecoin at $160 a coin, watching that go up is pretty exciting!
CF4714 is offline  
Old 12-13-2017, 11:29 AM
  #18  
sam24th
Registered User
 
sam24th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do some crypto trading. I invested some into bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, iota, and ripple. Last couple weeks, all the markets have rallied significantly with bitcoin jumping from 8k to 17k a coin now.
sam24th is offline  
Old 12-13-2017, 03:28 PM
  #19  
infamous84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 87
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sam24th View Post
I do some crypto trading. I invested some into bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, iota, and ripple. Last couple weeks, all the markets have rallied significantly with bitcoin jumping from 8k to 17k a coin now.
how were you able to buy ripple? what platform are you using?

thanks
infamous84 is offline  
Old 12-14-2017, 11:52 AM
  #20  
sam24th
Registered User
 
sam24th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by infamous84 View Post
how were you able to buy ripple? what platform are you using?

thanks
Im using binance.
sam24th is offline  
Old 12-14-2017, 08:40 PM
  #21  
saywat?
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,953
Thanked 218 Times in 194 Posts
how long does it take to cash out the currency so u can actually spend it?
saywat? is offline  
Old 12-15-2017, 07:21 AM
  #22  
Lego_Maniac
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,540
Thanked 411 Times in 356 Posts
This is one of those "i wish i had dropped 1K into it a couple years ago" kinda things. Now it just seems too much like a bubble to want to play in

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/14/bitc...-all-time.html
Lego_Maniac is offline  
Old 12-15-2017, 08:36 PM
  #23  
AARONHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: ɷ Connecticut ɷ
Posts: 347
Thanked 44 Times in 43 Posts
What other investing/trading do you guys do?
AARONHL is offline  
Old 12-17-2017, 10:33 PM
  #24  
AARONHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: ɷ Connecticut ɷ
Posts: 347
Thanked 44 Times in 43 Posts
I was finally able to buy some litecoin after a few tries. Well see how it goes. It will force me to pay more attention to it to learn more, but I still dont understand whats behind the movement in these currencies?? Hype-coin???

Anyone care to share their theory on what moves these currencies up and down? And what predictions do you have as far as price for bit, eth, lte in the future and why??
AARONHL is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 09:48 AM
  #25  
sam24th
Registered User
 
sam24th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat? View Post
how long does it take to cash out the currency so u can actually spend it?
It takes me a day for the money to show up in my bank account, but I can convert bitcoin to USD at any time and its pretty much instant. Its far easier now to do it than it was a few years ago.

Originally Posted by AARONHL View Post
I was finally able to buy some litecoin after a few tries. Well see how it goes. It will force me to pay more attention to it to learn more, but I still dont understand whats behind the movement in these currencies?? Hype-coin???

Anyone care to share their theory on what moves these currencies up and down? And what predictions do you have as far as price for bit, eth, lte in the future and why??
IMO a lot of the price rising is due to hype, there isn't much value in it other than people freaking out. At least for bitcoin that would be the case. There is a limited supply of bitcoin though so the value is really whatever the market puts it at. Now ethereum, ripple, tron and a few other crypto are a bit different. The technology behind those crypto have real world use and some investors see value in that. AMEX actually partnered with ripple, causing a huge price surge recently and tons of speculation.

Also to answer your other question, I have put money into my 401k, some money into typical stocks like BAC, etc.
sam24th is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 04:35 PM
  #26  
saywat?
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,953
Thanked 218 Times in 194 Posts
this seems like a good read today

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/74-bi...202033293.html

are they for reals thos 1000 people own 40% of bitcoin? that doesnt sound good
saywat? is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 04:36 PM
  #27  
saywat?
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,953
Thanked 218 Times in 194 Posts
wheres the poster that wanted to get this discussion going. its going and hes not here being active lol
saywat? is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:57 PM
  #28  
saywat?
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,953
Thanked 218 Times in 194 Posts
saywat? is offline  
Old 12-21-2017, 11:46 AM
  #29  
Swaj420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eastern, CT
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here are some of the ones i invest in. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Siacoin, Lisk, Vertcoin, Civic, PotCoin, Nexus, Monero, Iota, and Digibyte. The thing with crypto is that it is super volatile and in the end maybe 5 % of the over 1000 out there will be around but crypto is here to stay. When looking for one to buy i look to see what makes them different from bitcoin and what problem its solving. I also look at there trade volume and who else is backing the coin.
Swaj420 is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 03:11 PM
  #30  
JohnnysG
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (14)
 
JohnnysG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,992
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Swaj420 View Post
Here are some of the ones i invest in. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Siacoin, Lisk, Vertcoin, Civic, PotCoin, Nexus, Monero, Iota, and Digibyte. The thing with crypto is that it is super volatile and in the end maybe 5 % of the over 1000 out there will be around but crypto is here to stay. When looking for one to buy i look to see what makes them different from bitcoin and what problem its solving. I also look at there trade volume and who else is backing the coin.


This is a pretty healthy portfolio! I hope you hodled all of them during this ride!
JohnnysG is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.