Video Red light camera caught me. Should I fight it? - Page 3 - MyG37



Red light camera caught me. Should I fight it?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #31
PNW_IPL
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,244
Thanked 121 Times in 115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphany View Post
Lucky, here they're registered owner tickets. Doesn't matter who was driving as it's the owners responsibility to ensure the vehicle is being driven legally.
Damn thats not good
PNW_IPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:16 AM   #32
evil-G-nius
Registered User
 
evil-G-nius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 2,129
Thanked 348 Times in 213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb Cool View Post
Can't you just ignore the ticket. Here in AZ the courts require a process server to personally serve the summons. If the server can't do it. They throw out the charge. So, basically when the dude knocks on the door, you don't answer. After 3 attempts. He gives up!
^^^This does not sound right or even remotely close to sound advice. This is a moving violation, the court will issue a bench warrant if you don't take care of it. It is never good advice to ignore a ticket
evil-G-nius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:15 AM   #33
clutchfan
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 720
Thanked 63 Times in 49 Posts
Los Alamitos traffic camera at it again.

http://ktla.com/2016/07/06/traffic-ticket-controversy-erupts-in-los-alamitos-after-report-of-faulty-red-light-camera/

Funny how the yellow light in the first clip lasted over 6 seconds. Which is the avg of what I noticed in the area.
clutchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:09 AM   #34
area51ipl
Registered User
 
area51ipl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: long island
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
sorry man the light was red almost a full 2 seconds before you crossed the line, what you see is the red light on the main road, not the red turning arrow, that counts too. the red arrow was a second before the red main road light. your ticket if for the left turn arrow red not the straight red. you have no chance. the red pick up before you also go a ticket guaranteed. as far as the speed you were going that don't matter red is red.
area51ipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #35
ezbme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Capistrano Beach
Posts: 254
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
I hope you didn't contact the court...I am guessing you did. BTW, who was really driving your car..

LA County Tickets are Voluntary - No Consequence

I thought Los Alamitos was in LA County..

The yellow lights in Irvine last a long time, tricked me into stopping many times. They say they want less smog and better fuel economy, but no smart lights installed. There are so many times, I am stopped at a fresh red with no one on the other side. Sometimes waiting 5 mins for a green.
ezbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:58 PM   #36
stealthee
Registered User
 
stealthee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: SWPA
Posts: 312
Thanked 43 Times in 26 Posts
Los Alimitos is in Orange County.
stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #37
ezbme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Capistrano Beach
Posts: 254
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
What about Los Alamitos? Most red light cameras have been taken down due to them defrauding residents. I still can't see proof of said owner, being said driver.
ezbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:31 PM   #38
clutchfan
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 720
Thanked 63 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezbme View Post
What about Los Alamitos? Most red light cameras have been taken down due to them defrauding residents. I still can't see proof of said owner, being said driver.
99% of the traffic cameras have been taken down. There is 1 in Los Alamitos and 1 in Garden Grove. Obviously not there for "safety" but to collect $$$.
clutchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #39
clutchfan
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 720
Thanked 63 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by area51ipl View Post
sorry man the light was red almost a full 2 seconds before you crossed the line, what you see is the red light on the main road, not the red turning arrow, that counts too. the red arrow was a second before the red main road light. your ticket if for the left turn arrow red not the straight red. you have no chance. the red pick up before you also go a ticket guaranteed. as far as the speed you were going that don't matter red is red.
Guaranteed if a cop saw this in person, he would just give me a warning or not even bother. .0044593 of a seconds I ran a red light because the yellow lights was 3-4 seconds shorter than normal.
clutchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:58 AM   #40
Epiphany
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,109
Thanked 110 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchfan View Post
Guaranteed if a cop saw this in person, he would just give me a warning or not even bother. .0044593 of a seconds I ran a red light because the yellow lights was 3-4 seconds shorter than normal.
Maybe, maybe not. The question isn't how soon after it went red you went through, it's whether you went through on a red. Which you did, I'm not sure how you'd fight this.
Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:20 AM   #41
RMB5190
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 794
Thanked 71 Times in 65 Posts
I want to re-iterate that you cannot fight this and win. You made a boo-boo, we all do it. I was speeding coming into work today and if I would've gotten a ticket I would've been pissed but I wouldn't argue that I had done nothing wrong.

Instead, I'd go to court, dress nice, be polite, admit my guilt and explain myself to the judge - asking for some leniency at the end because a $500 ticket for this is borderline gruel and unusual (don't use those words but you get what I'm saying).

Something that's rare in our society is taking responsibility for one's wrong-doings. It's refreshing to a judge (assuming) to see someone not blame someone or something else for their mistakes in order to weasel out of punishment and responsibility. At least that was the case for me 3 years ago (last ticket) when I received a speeding ticket for 20 over, no more than 6 months after my last ticket (speeding) which I got PBJ for. Went to court, explained my situation - but owned it, Judge had me pay $125.00 fine + court costs, no points, restarted my PBJ.

BTW, if a cop sees you commit an offense they're supposed to ticket you because they actually witnessed the offense take place. It's different if they're responding to an incident because they are reacting to events that have already occurred and must use judgement when handing out citations, making arrests and determining the best course of action - on the fly. If not, then they aren't performing the job they were hired to do.
RMB5190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:09 PM   #42
slartibartfast
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 1,744
Thanked 152 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB5190 View Post
Something that's rare in our society is taking responsibility for one's wrong-doings.
My brother wanted to turn right at a red light without a right turn lane. He was the last of four cars that used the shoulder to gain access to the intersection. As soon as they all turned, a LEO pulled them all over. He talked to each driver in turn. When he go to my brother, he asked if my brother knew why he'd been stopped. My brother said yes, he illegally used the shoulder at the intersection. The LEO said my brother was the only one of the four to admit his guilt and he let my brother go.

Own it. Consequences are usually better.
slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slartibartfast For This Useful Post:
Crazyirish (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #43
stealthee
Registered User
 
stealthee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: SWPA
Posts: 312
Thanked 43 Times in 26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchfan View Post
Guaranteed if a cop saw this in person, he would just give me a warning or not even bother. .0044593 of a seconds I ran a red light because the yellow lights was 3-4 seconds shorter than normal.
You do know that a yellow light is there for you to prepare for a red right? Anyone who is paying attention would have been able to stop. You were more than a full car length from the stop line when the light turned red. You had plenty of time to stop.
stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:34 PM   #44
micafd3s
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
micafd3s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: NYC|PA
Posts: 1,091
Thanked 94 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB5190 View Post
...at the end because a $500 ticket for this is borderline cruel and unusual ....
its high to help deter folks from committing the violation.. if you cant pay.. dont play..

Last edited by micafd3s; 04-21-2017 at 08:28 PM.
micafd3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:07 PM   #45
stealthee
Registered User
 
stealthee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: SWPA
Posts: 312
Thanked 43 Times in 26 Posts
As hard of a time as I am giving the OP I am 100% against cameras issuing tickets. It is a violation of the constitution as it does not give the offender the right to confront the accuser.

Saying you are responsible for your car being operated lawfully, even when not in the car, is just as stupid as if you are held responsible for someone else unlawfully using your gun.

My original point does still stand though. If a cop saw you do what you did he would have stopped and ticketed you. Its like complaining about a speeding ticket because you were barely over the speed limit, or getting ticketed for "display of speed" because you barely broke traction pulling out hard from a stop.

When it comes to running a red light there is no grey area. It was either red before you crossed the line or it wasn't. In your case it was.

I've ran red lights out of necessity before. It was usually coming down a long straight stretch hauling a 20' trailer. It's one of those long greens because the side roads aren't busy and when the yellow popped up I knew there was no way in hell I was going to get it stopped before it turned red.

As much as you claim it was, your running of it was not necessity. I see people run red lights on left all the time just because they didn't feel like waiting. They too had plenty of time to stop, but chose not to even try.
stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MYG37.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: