Random rants

Old 06-18-2013, 01:54 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Lol this thread and what bb said ^
Old 06-19-2013, 02:53 PM
RISKY GUY

Originally Posted by Black Betty View Post
I hate when my wife or the housekeeper gets my socks separated in the laundry. I wear them as a pair. I take them off and put both of them in the exact same place every time. How hard is it to pick up and wash and dry both of them as a pair??? I do it. I've never in my life washed one sock from a pair without the other. Both or none. I guess that's why I usually do the laundry at my house, because everyone else screws it up.
It is one of the great mysteries of our time.
I say the same thing, swear the dryer eats my socks, per my wife.
IMO it's part of a greater conspirecy.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Collin_95

The recent rash of posts (mostly from noobs) asking complete strangers on the Internet "What mod should I do to my car?" Not "Which is better, x or y, and why?" Not "What's the best x for $x?" Just blind clueless questions as to what some random people think is a good idea for them to spend THEIR money on to modify THEIR car with no research or parameters involved. No reading to see what's what. No idea of what direction they want to take in modding a vehicle. Just spending money for the sake of spending money with no plan whatsoever. The epitome of ignorance and laziness.

I fully support trolling them mercilessly with idiotic suggestions.
Im pretty sure I am guilty of this, sorry if i have.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:54 PM
RaulMindsHisOwn

It bugs me when I'm listening to a classic rock song from my youth on Pandora and the cover title being shown is a "Greatest Hits" type cover or worse yet, a movie soundtrack cover that happens to contain the song as well. I understand why it sometimes comes this way (copyrights and which ones they've got etc) but it just annoys me and sort of detracts from the reminiscing aspect.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,212 Posts
Originally Posted by RaulMindsHisOwn View Post
It bugs me when I'm listening to a classic rock song from my youth on Pandora and the cover title being shown is a "Greatest Hits" type cover or worse yet, a movie soundtrack cover that happens to contain the song as well. I understand why it sometimes comes this way (copyrights and which ones they've got etc) but it just annoys me and sort of detracts from the reminiscing aspect.
This. Or when it plays the same song 3 times in an hour because the first time it's from the original album, the second time is from a greatest hits compilation (or 2 or 3), and then from a soundtrack. It's not smart enough to realize it's the same song. Or when I have a Led Zeppelin station and it selects Jimi Hendrix songs 3 times more frequently than Led Zeppelin ones.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Djfarhan

Old 07-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

TL;DW. Anything funny in that epic saga of a video you posted?
Old 07-20-2013, 12:00 PM
CrashTestDumby
Banned

Originally Posted by cribbsjy View Post
I hate it when people say they "could care less" when they mean they "couldn't care less." If you could care less, then that means you have some sort of emotion towards the situation, since there is a lesser amount you could care!
Agreed!!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Angry

It's getting very annoying when people (often noobs) post threads with urgent titles like "need help ASAP!", "emergency", "urgent - help please!!!" about things that are not remotely urgent or an emergency. Like stupid wheel fitment questions that they can easily find for themselves by browsing or searching the forum fur 15 minutes. That's not a freaking emergency just because you have the attention span of a toddler with ADHD and are too stupid or lazy to look it up or figure it out for yourself! An emergency is when your car unexpectedly breaks down in traffic on the roadside. Or you have a loud unexplainable noise that suddenly appears.

Your ignorance + impatience does not equal an emergency or a need for urgency from others.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:23 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

I hate when I'm going appropriately high speed for the left lane and some jerk is tailgating me, I'll move to the right to let him pass, and he'll just HANG OUT WITHOUT ACCELERATING.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen View Post
I hate when I'm going appropriately high speed for the left lane and some jerk is tailgating me, I'll move to the right to let him pass, and he'll just HANG OUT WITHOUT ACCELERATING.
That's because no matter how fast you're driving, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DRIVING IN THE LEFT LANE!!! It is for passing only. If you are not overtaking a slower moving vehicle, you aren't supposed to be there. If someone has caught up to you and has to slow down to your speed because you're impeding them, it's your own fault (unless you're overtaking a slower car on the right). True, they still shouldn't tailgate but they're probably trying to let you know to move over and get out of the passing lane.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

I hate when drivers are next to you and they don't even look before joining my lane and almost taking me out. Happened this morning, got me pissed so I floored it and left 'em behind. True Story.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Jsolo
Insane & Delirious

It's getting very annoying when people (often noobs) post threads with urgent titles like "need help ASAP!", "emergency", "urgent - help please!!!" ....
I vote such threads get deleted immediately.

Same with threads containing breaks...
Old 08-14-2013, 04:41 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

That's because no matter how fast you're driving, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DRIVING IN THE LEFT LANE!!! It is for passing only. If you are not overtaking a slower moving vehicle, you aren't supposed to be there. If someone has caught up to you and has to slow down to your speed because you're impeding them, it's your own fault (unless you're overtaking a slower car on the right). True, they still shouldn't tailgate but they're probably trying to let you know to move over and get out of the passing lane.

I should have clarified. I live in Houston, if you're in the left lane, you're *ALWAYS* passing someone on the right.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen View Post
I should have clarified. I live in Houston, if you're in the left lane, you're *ALWAYS* passing someone on the right.
I live in Houston. If the car behind you has enough time to catch you and tailgate you while you're passing someone to the right, you're passing them too slowly and impeding traffic. Courtesy and attentive driving dictates that you see that faster car bearing down and stay out of their way and let them pass first or speed the hell up to make your pass and let them through.

But yes, I agree that they are a-holes if they bear down on you quickly and then drive right beside you instead of passing any going on their way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Random rants

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.